Breakdown of Seattle Seahawks New Uniforms

CDixonDesign

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hated those Seahawks uniforms when I first seen a glimpse at them, but after seeing all the combinations and more detailed pictures I have to say that I like them.

What I like:

1. The Seahawks prints on the left shoulder.

2. The wing design on the pants and around the collar. (I really like the green)

3. The shoulder designs

4. The helmet color.

5. The wrap around Seahawk logo on the helmet.

What I hate:

1. The gray jersey

spacer.png

Like I said in the other thread, they look like they aped the mid 90s Transformers aesthetic, with blotches of colour, neon, and random wordmark placement. Hasbro 90s Chic isn't a look to strive for guys.

The wing pattern is ok, but it's wasted on the helmet and numbers. It'll barely be visible, so why have it?

Also, the tv numbers lack the neon green outline the front and back numbers have. So much for consistency.

They could have been worse, but that doesn't make them good.

It's weird; the uniform is fine, IMO, but they botched the color usage so badly.

Home uniform:

-> On the JERSEY itself, should've put lime where silver is and silver where lime is. Silver should've been relegated to a teritary color. I mean, there isn't an inch of silver on the pants, so why have it be such a dominant part of the jersey? The home uni is pretty bad as is.

Road uniform:

-> I would've kept the lime green triangle thingy from the home uni. Other than that, this uniform is actually pretty good. It'll look even better with blue pants.

Alt uniform:

-> This is where Nike really dropped the ball. A monochrome matte gray uni? That is awful, especially when you could've gone with a lime green uni. But this is worse than the home uniform.

Overall, I really wish that they had focused more on the green than the silver, because the silver element is just too dominant for my taste. This had the elements to be a really good set, but they missed.

If the feather pattern on the pants was white instead of green on the navy jerseys I think it would look better. I really like the all white uniform, as well as the blue jersey with gray pants look. Now if they added a gray helmet to that look it would be really nice.

The all gray look is meh, that seems to be the new black.

Like I said in the other thread, they look like they aped the mid 90s Transformers aesthetic, with blotches of colour, neon, and random wordmark placement. Hasbro 90s Chic isn't a look to strive for guys.

The wing pattern is ok, but it's wasted on the helmet and numbers. It'll barely be visible, so why have it?

Also, the tv numbers lack the neon green outline the front and back numbers have. So much for consistency.

I will now be referring to them as this. Well played sir.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

These are my first time seeing them as I wasn't one the ones sitting around the computer waiting for the unveiling(not that that's a bad thing :D).

Ummmm, first off, the wing design on the shoulder look like random splotches of color. They don't look like wings. Also, what's with the overuse of the wing design everywhere else? You see it in the front of the helmet, on the numbers, and on the pants(which look awful by the way). The green looks very out of place as well. There's just too much contrast between the dark navy and the bright lime green. It does look very collegiate, but I like how teams can pioneer and be different and unique. I've always appreciated that. However:

Unique.jpg

I consider this unveiling to be the NFL equivalent of the Miami Marlins unveiling. There are so major problems with this set, but you have to appreciate the out-of-the-box uniqueness of it.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I think these two combos are the best:

white-blue-combo--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

blue-grey-combo--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

Home blue with gray pants and away white with blue pants. I like the set as a whole...certainly a step out there, but overall reminds me a bit of the step that the Broncos took with the jersey strip going into the pant stripe.

The away jersey is great IMO. Pair that with the blue pants and you have a good looking set. Not digging the home or the alternate, but the helmet is pretty unique and I can get used to it.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I will now be referring to them as this. Well played sir.

Hehe thanks :D

And now a word from Optimus Prime...

tumblr_lp2en9gEvH1qhmvvbo1_400.jpg

"Nike must be stopped. Whatever the cost."

I'm honestly just stunned. The few folks that had seen the uniform before today had described it as modern, but not too crazy. I wasn't expecting to love it, but I had hopes that it would (surely!) be an upgrade over the dull blue mono thing.

And then THIS gets dropped? I don't know what to say. I keep seeing "modern college" used as a description but I don't even see that. I'll tell you what it looks like to me;

If a mid-budget sci-fi film was depicting the, say, 2040's, and wanted to have a quick scene of an NFL team, and didn't want to spend a ton of money on the design, this is what I'd expect to see. I am not a fan.

As one of this site's "grumpy traditionalists" I'm sure some members are rolling their eyes at the "news" that I don't like it. But honestly... what am I supposed to say?

If they only wear the navy jersey with the gray pants it goes from horrific to bad. In fact, as long as navy sox are the only choice, they can burn the navy pants IMO.

Archived