Breakdown of Seattle Seahawks New Uniforms

CDixonDesign

I kinda like it I'm surprised the Seahawks were the only team to completly changed uniform I thought the Panthers was going to get a makeover to go with their new logo.

I have a strong feeling that the Panthers were going to change, but panicked at the last second and didn't. Changing just the logo seems suspiciously like a freak out move to me.

They were even one of the teams who rejected Nike's "new technology" like the Packers did. Very strange indeed...

That kinda makes sense with the "panic"theory. Say they decided against some more major changes, and had no choice but to fall all the way back to last year's, lock and stock.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a good feeling that in the last couple of years or so.

They were possibly looking into the idea of changing everything and were going to hold off until Nike took over and yes NFL properties does the logos and arts but Nike did the Seattle uniform it just had to be approved by NFL. IMO I think Richardson backed out and truthfully didn't like what Nike had to offer.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

If only there was a way for the Seahawks to include the green in their helmet's ancillary elements.

Does the Riddell panel on the back of the helmet have to be white?

I'm pretty sure the back snubber/pad/whatever it is on the Revo Speeds can be either white or black, but that is all they have right now. It's most noticable on the Revo Speeds due to their construction compared to the old VSRs and original Revos.

I kinda like it I'm surprised the Seahawks were the only team to completly changed uniform I thought the Panthers was going to get a makeover to go with their new logo.

I have a strong feeling that the Panthers were going to change, but panicked at the last second and didn't. Changing just the logo seems suspiciously like a freak out move to me.

I know I was expecting either that or switched to the Alternate as the primary like the Broncos and I also thought each team going to have the team name on front.

I know I was expecting either that or switched to the Alternate as the primary like the Broncos and I also thought each team going to have the team name on front.

I have to say that these were much nicer in person. I was in the NFL pop up store in NYC over the weekend where they had all the jerseys on display. I didn't love it but I thought it looked much more appealing to the eye and normal in person. Maybe that's just me though.

I don't really get the hate for these uniforms. Even with the lime green, I think they manage to look modern without being garish. My only real complaints are the extra helmet design (not ugly per se, just pointless clutter) number font (yuck) and the choice of navy blue. It's just makes too stark a contrast for my taste. I think the uniforms would look a lot better with a dark teal color like what the Sounders use.

I have to say that these were much nicer in person. I was in the NFL pop up store in NYC over the weekend where they had all the jerseys on display. I didn't love it but I thought it looked much more appealing to the eye and normal in person. Maybe that's just me though.

I would caution you by pointing out that those are the "Game jerseys," which notwithstanding the name are the lowest level of replicas and the ones which bear the least resemblance to the actual on-field product. Especially the Seahawks - they're little more than an approximation of the actual design.

I wouldn't rely on those at all for your opinion of the rebrand.

They were possibly looking into the idea of changing everything and were going to hold off until Nike took over and yes NFL properties does the logos and arts but Nike did the Seattle uniform it just had to be approved by NFL. IMO I think Richardson backed out and truthfully didn't like what Nike had to offer.

Do people really think the main elements of the Jaguar's helmet need to change? Seriously, I'm asking because I don't seem to get that impression from anyone. I find the logo to be totally fantastic and the contrast of gold on black is superb. Its what follows as you pass the neckline that reeks of bad design IMO. I sincerely hope that NFL Properties and/or Nike don't even think of touching the main elements of the helmet and logo. As a matter of fact, they can look like total heroes and turn back the clock to 10-12 years ago and reintroduce those jerseys once more. If they want to take a page from the Seattle Seahawks redesign then I would be okay with that so long as they don't completely ditch the logo.

So why bother bringing in NFL Properties to design the new logo? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I agree and I'm not one to dispute what you say or must say but just judging from what Richardson himself has said about the refinement of the uniforms in the Charlotte Observer I honestly think it was a last min drop because he didn't want to step away from what the original look and go with whatever Nike dropped in front of him which I have a feeling was just as extravagant as the Seahawks if not more so.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Do people really think the main elements of the Jaguar's helmet need to change? Seriously, I'm asking because I don't seem to get that impression from anyone. I find the logo to be totally fantastic and the contrast of gold on black is superb. Its what follows as you pass the neckline that reeks of bad design IMO. I sincerely hope that NFL Properties and/or Nike don't even think of touching the main elements of the helmet and logo.

i agree. theres no way to make that any better.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Do people really think the main elements of the Jaguar's helmet need to change?

Yes.

The logo, at least. It's a terrible rendering. The tongue, the positioning, awful. The poor kitty's obviously hacking up a hairball. It's not intimidating, it's a mess to clean off the carpet.

Fix that logo, and I think they'd have a gorgeous set. Maybe not perfect, but very very close.

Do people really think the main elements of the Jaguar's helmet need to change? Seriously, I'm asking because I don't seem to get that impression from anyone. I find the logo to be totally fantastic and the contrast of gold on black is superb. Its what follows as you pass the neckline that reeks of bad design IMO. I sincerely hope that NFL Properties and/or Nike don't even think of touching the main elements of the helmet and logo.

i agree. theres no way to make that any better.

I was talking about Carolina's uniforms which JR I'm pretty sure didn't not want to change. As for the Jaguars logo I think is almost timeless, just the uniforms need a major overhaul ( Jaguars)

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Do people really think the main elements of the Jaguar's helmet need to change?

I certainly don't. I'm not the biggest fan of the teal flakes, but other than that I really like the way the logo looks on the black base, and I think that the black lid works well with a teal/white/black/gold uniform (if they had a teal/white/black/gold uniform still. The current uniform is childish.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Jags should go back to this look:

alltelstadium2007080920.jpg

possibly with the current flaky helmet.

I think most Jags fans agree with this. Some people said they were to 90's blah blah whatever. I think it's the best look we've had

I miss that uniform very much :-/

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived