2013 NFL

GangGr33n FTW

As I've said many times before, the Packers got it right on Thanksgiving 2003 when they wore uniforms that are as close as possible to Lombardi's original design from the 60s.

That does look good, but I don't want to have to sit through thread after thread about gray face masks.

That look, with current pants stripe (thicker) and a green mask? Winner.

So, basically, the 1996 look with striped socks and black shoes? They may as well keep what they have now if that's the case. Unless they were to switch back to the uniforms as Lombardi's teams wore them (with the necessary concession for sleeves they made in 2003, of course) there's really no point in changing anything.

Or, they could take this look right here, combine it with Ron Wolf's 1994 idea, and come out with something like...this:

GBpackers_PChome.png

GBpackers_PCaway.png

/shameless plug :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard abou this years alts and aways (pants included)?

Well the Giants interview has shown both the away (same) and red alterante (same). Panthers also have shown white and blue. I'm sure we'll see more Flywire collar mishaps like the Redskins red collar on white jersey. Rumors also say the Skins will get a black alternate.

I've been hearing rumors of a black alt for the Skins, but on Tuesday's "Redskins Nation" program, Larry Michael said that on 5/10, the Skins would introduce an 80th Anniversary alt. Sounds like throwback to me. I'm hoping to see the feather helmet!

Has anyone heard abou this years alts and aways (pants included)?

Well the Giants interview has shown both the away (same) and red alterante (same). Panthers also have shown white and blue. I'm sure we'll see more Flywire collar mishaps like the Redskins red collar on white jersey. Rumors also say the Skins will get a black alternate.

I've been hearing rumors of a black alt for the Skins, but on Tuesday's "Redskins Nation" program, Larry Michael said that on 5/10, the Skins would introduce an 80th Anniversary alt. Sounds like throwback to me. I'm hoping to see the feather helmet!

Oh thank you and thank god!

I'm on vacation right now, but otherwise I would have seen this on Redskins Nation. May 10th... Great.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

As I've said many times before, the Packers got it right on Thanksgiving 2003 when they wore uniforms that are as close as possible to Lombardi's original design from the 60s.

That does look good, but I don't want to have to sit through thread after thread about gray face masks.

So, basically, the 1996 look with striped socks and black shoes? They may as well keep what they have now if that's the case. Unless they were to switch back to the uniforms as Lombardi's teams wore them (with the necessary concession for sleeves they made in 2003, of course) there's really no point in changing anything.

Yes, exactly. Stripes socks are not a small change IMO. Picture the Bears uniform unchanged except for solid navy socks. I'm sure for some that would be fine, but for me, that would ruin their whole look.

Or, they could take this look right here, combine it with Ron Wolf's 1994 idea, and come out with something like...this:

GBpackers_PChome.png

GBpackers_PCaway.png

Do it in the current gold. w/ a single green stripe down the middle of the helmet.

GBpackers_PChome.png

GBpackers_PCaway.png

Replace all of the gold with silver and put green wings on the helmet and I think that would be a great Eagles concept, especially since they have a history with that number font. I'd actually love to see how that'd look.

Looks great for the pack too, especially the road.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

GBpackers_PChome.png

GBpackers_PCaway.png

As much as I love these... in fact, I think this is the greatest Packers concept thats ever been posted here... the time to execute a change like this was before the 2010 season. But now that three distinct generations of Packers have won Super Bowls with some variation of the Lombardi-designed unis, it wouldn't make sense to switch up like this. They could probably do a blue version of these as an alt though (with logo-less helmets, of course).

You know what, Nic...you might be onto something.

A blue-and-yellow alt in that style. It'll appease Packer fans who'd like to see that set return as an alternate...and it'll satisfy the swoosh fanboys-and Jermichael Finley-who either swear up and down or think the Pack should "conform to Nike's kewl technology".

How's that for a compromise?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

With this news, and the Madden "alternate unis, pants and helmets" stuff, we can say we DEFINITELY haven't heard the last from Nike. My thoughts: Pro Combat 51, a series of alternate uniforms reflecting on the past, present, and future of the NFL. New radical ideas come to fruition, and old classics renewed. For ex:

Bears: All orange

Bucs: Cream-sickles with a twist (Modernized striping, new Bucco)

Giants: Red unis with new striping

Packers: Blue and Yellow

Jets: Kelly and Black with modernized striping

Lions: Anthracite

Chiefs: Gold uni

Patriots: Ben Dover returns on a white-white-red uni

Coyboys: Silver alt in current throwback style

and so on.

GBpackers_PChome.png

GBpackers_PCaway.png

Here's your Packer mock up in Packer gold

GBpackers_PChome.png

GBpackers_PCaway.png

GBpackers_PChome.png

GBpackers_PCaway.png

GBpackers_PChome.png

GBpackers_PCaway.png

That's pretty nice. If it had the traditional 'G' helmet logo, done in the same style as this 'GB' logo, it would be a much easier sell to fans of their current look. Just sayin'.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

GBpackers_PChome.png

GBpackers_PCaway.png

GBpackers_PChome.png

GBpackers_PCaway.png

That's pretty nice. If it had the traditional 'G' helmet logo, done in the same style as this 'GB' logo, it would be a much easier sell to fans of their current look. Just sayin'.

What, no ones gonna say it?

"Needs stripes." :P

You know what, Nic...you might be onto something.

A blue-and-yellow alt in that style. It'll appease Packer fans who'd like to see that set return as an alternate...and it'll satisfy the swoosh fanboys-and Jermichael Finley-who either swear up and down or think the Pack should "conform to Nike's kewl technology".

How's that for a compromise?

I like it... any chance we could see this mocked up? :D

You mean yellow?

I like Ron's idea though.

Yellow to the real world, but in here it's gold or athletic gold. 49ers/saints=old gold. real world it's tan

Actually, those are at least three different colors...

Old Gold:

TaylorCuozzoSICover.jpg

Vegas Gold:

hearst-owens-rice.jpg

Tan (the pants):

220px-Alex_Smith_running.jpg

You mean yellow?

Yellow to the real world, but in here it's gold or athletic gold. 49ers/saints=old gold. real world it's tan

Old Gold:

TaylorCuozzoSICover.jpg

Vegas Gold:

hearst-owens-rice.jpg

Tan (the pants):

What gold is it the Jaguars use then ? Never know we could see more of it ?

#DTWD #GoJaguars

You mean yellow?

Old Gold:

TaylorCuozzoSICover.jpg

Vegas Gold:

hearst-owens-rice.jpg

Tan (the pants):

What gold is it the Jaguars use then ? Never know we could see more of it ?

isn't it mustard yellow or missouri yellow.

it seems that the current 49ers/saints match more closely than the old saints.

Archived