Police Cruiser Tradition

BlueSky

All of the older (2006-2010) Michigan State Police Dodge Chargers are slick-tops. The reason being, is that the state found out that the roofs were not strong enough to support the weight of their trademark bubble-gum light. Either Dodge fixed this for 2011 and newer models, or the new LED light is lighter than the old rotating light (or it's combo of the two).

Must do great in a rollover. :blink:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That...is...awesome.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

One of my favorites, not for the design but...

flippin%20police.jpg

Love it... :grin:

You can go in so many directions with that one..

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

I have to throw my home state up (New Hampshire), but I genuinely like that they chose a paint scheme that represents the woods. I mean, what else we got?

3718212755_7c7f68c896.jpg

Answer: NOT A COT DAM* THING. :P

I've been up to New Hampshire several times...and other than the one run wherein I was recovering some construction company's equipment, the only thing I've ever pulled back out of there was lumber. (But then, that's pretty much the case for the bulk of New England as well.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I have to throw my home state up (New Hampshire), but I genuinely like that they chose a paint scheme that represents the woods. I mean, what else we got?

3718212755_7c7f68c896.jpg

Answer: NOT A COT DAM* THING. :P

I've been up to New Hampshire several times...and other than the one run wherein I was recovering some construction company's equipment, the only thing I've ever pulled back out of there was lumber. (But then, that's pretty much the case for the bulk of New England as well.)

"THE COT DAM GERMANS GOT NUTHIN' TO DO WITH IT!"

One of the funniest lines ever in the context it was spoken (for those not familiar, it's in response to "That is not germane to the situation" in Smokey and the Bandit). Buc's response just screamed Sherf Buford T. Justice.

• 4 months later...

Bump for this FYI...if anyone`s interested, the History Channel series Top Gear just did a faceoff between the Charger, the Ford Police Interceptor, and the new Chevy PD vehicle (Caprice?) to see which is the best successor to the Crown Vic. I only saw a few minutes of it but it was pretty interesting (and amusing to see the host dweebs driving high-powered police vehicles). This episode airs next at 0900 on Tue, 9/25 if you feel like watching or recording it.

• 2 months later...

I think this sort of fits in this discussion.

Prison inmate sneaks pig into design of state crest on cop cars

That's awesome. Funny felon.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

My uncle is actually a detective on the York Region force. They currently use the Crown Vics (which are being phased out), Chargers, Impalas and, Malibus. The parking lot at a York Region station is like a used car lot in that sense, lol.

What I really think is hilarious is this car:

bug.jpg

They did up a VW Beetle with all the regular markings to send out to schools and events. I'd HATE to be the officer that has to drive that one around.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I live right on the edge of Fort Worth and Arlington so I regularly see the contrast between Fort Worth:

2597205290_458c8a1c94.jpg

and Arlington:

IMG_0004.JPG.728x520_q85.jpg

The city of Arlington loves them that A-star logo. It's on everything.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

One thing that came out of seeing TV coverage of the Chiefs tragedy...had no idea Kansas City PD rocked such a fancy paint job:

5161270818_9756643224.jpg

Kansas City has been having that livery a long long long time and I would not want it changed at all. Best design out there. Okay, the font on the lettering might need a slight update but that is it.

Most KCPD vehicles are like that. They have been testing out the new Dodge, Ford, and Chevy police vehicles with the same paint scheme, so hopefully it will stay for some time to come. The Charger looks exceptionally cool with this livery.

There are a few exceptions. We do have a couple white cars with black text vehicles around and old "community service" cop cars with a more fancier design. We use to have maroon color cars (with the same lettering) but that went out with the chevy caprices in the 90's. The tan color car behind it is a KCPD detective's, or supervisor's.

Here are some of the ones I have to deal with daily ...

the new 2011 Chargers in FHP guise:

6247297688_911dcab281_z.jpg

the FHP Marauders:

301446895_b605b53344_b.jpg

I still really would like to know the story behind the paintjob. They have used it forever, I know that. But why, I have no idea.

As for the local boys...

Jacksonville Sherriff's Office made the jump to Chevys a few years back. They just don't have the same oomph as the Dodges do:

images.jpg

%252C%2BAugust%2B21%252C%2B2011%2Bin%2BJacksonville%252CFlorida.jpg

If it all goes down how it should, I hopefully will be driving one of these in the very near future:

3a8ce624-6eeb-4cf4-bac5-d1eac370a47e.jpg

Sadly, FHP retired all of their Marauders.:(

I live right on the edge of Fort Worth and Arlington so I regularly see the contrast between Fort Worth:

and Arlington:

Ft. Worth's is nice, Arlington kinda gaudy. Something I remember about Ft. Worth PD is this awful hailstorm back when I lived there ('90s). It was so bad that over 50 American Airlines (where I worked) jets were damaged to the tune of $20 million in total repairs. A lot of Ft. Worth cruisers were pounded pretty good and had hail dents all over them but since the city was self-insured, they never got them fixed. Years later I was grazing channels on TV and saw an old episode of Cops and there was Ft. Worth PD and their beat-to-crap hail-damaged cruisers. :unsure:

One thing that came out of seeing TV coverage of the Chiefs tragedy...had no idea Kansas City PD rocked such a fancy paint job:

Kansas City has been having that livery a long long long time and I would not want it changed at all. Best design out there. Okay, the font on the lettering might need a slight update but that is it.

Most KCPD vehicles are like that. They have been testing out the new Dodge, Ford, and Chevy police vehicles with the same paint scheme, so hopefully it will stay for some time to come. The Charger looks exceptionally cool with this livery.

There are a few exceptions. We do have a couple white cars with black text vehicles around and old "community service" cop cars with a more fancier design. We use to have maroon color cars (with the same lettering) but that went out with the chevy caprices in the 90's. The tan color car behind it is a KCPD detective's, or supervisor's.

Well, if one likes the minimalist approach I suppose. What I don't get is the format of the city & state: KC/MO That's the only place I've seen something like that.

and Arlington:

Ft. Worth's is nice, Arlington kinda gaudy. Something I remember about Ft. Worth PD is this awful hailstorm back when I lived there ('90s). It was so bad that over 50 American Airlines (where I worked) jets were damaged to the tune of $20 million in total repairs. A lot of Ft. Worth cruisers were pounded pretty good and had hail dents all over them but since the city was self-insured, they never got them fixed. Years later I was grazing channels on TV and saw an old episode of Cops and there was Ft. Worth PD and their beat-to-crap hail-damaged cruisers. :unsure:

Well, if one likes the minimalist approach I suppose. What I don't get is the format of the city & state: KC/MO That's the only place I've seen something like that.

Its been like that for ever and I am not sure why its written like that. It could simply a design choice back in the day when trying to differentiate KCPD and Kansas City, Kansas (KCKPD) police vehicles (we do have some cross-border action...its not uncommon to see KCPD and KCKPD running together in a chase.) It became tradition like the overall design and stayed. I know the old community service KCPD style vehicles had simply KCMO on it.

Archived