Nike's Fan Jersey Discussion

DeFrank

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Nike replicas, in the long run, will be perceived as the better fan gear.

I never liked the bagginess of Reebok's replicas, so I appreciate a piece of fan gear that wears more like a t-shirt or soccer jersey but still bears the marks of an NFL jersey. To me, it's a reasonable option for people who feel ridiculous wearing an over-sized piece of mesh.

I also think the silicon numbers might wear better than Reebok's screen printed replicas. I have a Reebok Adrian Peterson throwback and the numbers are wearing to the point where the mesh is showing through, and I rarely wear it.

Thing is, I say this as a girthy man myself, the old cut of fan jerseys wasn't flattering for my body type either. A couple of years ago I was looking at a picture of myself in a football jersey and started to feel like I was wearing a mumu. Regular t-shirts even look better on me than those jerseys (and they aren't exactly flattering). I may be big, but I don't like feeling like I'm wearing a small tent.

I was just about to comment that the rbk's completely looked like mumus...they were completely unfitted and used the cheapest materials possible...that "dazzle" in the shoulders and side panels did not stretch at all (100% poly, no nylon or spandex) like a real on field jersey and the mesh chest and back were paper thin...I understand that these were replicas but the quality of product was not much better than a knockoff.

personally I think the ideal cut and materials for fans to wear as a non authentic were the 80's style poly/nylon that were small hole mesh and the same material throughout...the niners & bears wore that style in the 80's and I think the raiders pretty much kept that style of jersey for the last 25 years.

I think both of y'all hit some very important points (that are that I at least consider important).

I don't want to feel like I'm wearing a dress, and that's all it every felt like with Reebok. I never wore jerseys because I felt I looked awful in them. I'm an average sized guy, but the smallest size looked ridiculous and there was no way I was going for the youth size.

I also know that I am NOT playing on the field. Therefore, I don't want some baggy piece with super oversized sleeves past my elbows. Give me the look that also fits like a normal shirt.

I also think these will have a longer lifespan than Reebok's did. The fact that the graphics are screened onto a flat material (not mesh) will hopefully reduce the likelihood of peeling. The sound of silicon graphics also sounds interesting. It sounds very similar to how Nike applies the team names to their international soccer track jackets- and lemme tell you, those things aren't coming off.

360px-Blue_Nike_US_N98_Men%27s_Soccer_Track_Jacket_rear.JPG

As a raider fan, I must pay $250 for an accurate representation of the actual raider jersey. Major rip off

You can either thank Nike for setting that price point, or blame the Raiders for sticking with the old template.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

As a raider fan, I must pay $250 for an accurate representation of the actual raider jersey. Major rip off

But it's still solid black with solid silver numbers, regardless of the template. It could be on a mid 90s Champion jersey and it would look the same!

You can either thank Nike for setting that price point, or blame the Raiders for sticking with the old template.

I blame both. Don't know why Nike will use the generic template for all teams for the replicas. The raiders for passing up the new technology. I'm surprised they let players use the new age helmets. It's the same thing for the jersey. No other team could have made an easier transition into the new template.

But it's still solid black with solid silver numbers, regardless of the template. It could be on a mid 90s Champion jersey and it would look the same!

That's true. It makes the current half off sale at raiderimage a bargain. You can pay $100 for the current jersey or &250 with the added swoosh and new nfl tag.

I'm surprised that the Panthers are still wearing the black jersey I was sure with the new logo I thought they were going to make the tar heel blue the primary home.

I hope they do next year since the Jags will be black. It would be nice to keep the 2 cats that came in together different colors. I hope the Jags don't go to that prototype silver helmet. They'd look exactly like the Panthers.

I think I actually like these.

I 100% agree, I think they look great. I'll wait to purchase one, in hopes that the Vikings will change their uniforms soon.

I like that it (to me) looks like a different cut than jerseys have been in the past, it reminds me of the switch from CCM/Koho to Reebok in the NHL. I really like the cut of the Reebok jerseys compared to the old CCM ones. Just my 2¢, of course.

qvAvG.jpg

Random-- never seen a black one with new numbers on it. I wasa going to say that the sleeve stripes were wrong, but I guess this is just a recent fashion jersey. No alternates have been announced for us yet (to my knowledge), so maybe there's hope? Probably not, though.

I love my Nike soccer jerseys, so if these are similar, count me in. Probably the most comfortable thing I own. I'm thinking the silicon numbers will probably hold up better than the garbage RBK used, and the fabric looks somewhat substantial. Curious to see what these are like in person.

I think the Nike ones look a lot more wearable than the Reeboks. As people have said, they're huge. I don't want a nightgown

I will give nike that, a lot of people on here say it looks like a fancy t-shirt or a soccer jersey. I didn't understand why the reebok replicas needed the embarrassed girl at the beach a$$ cover. The authentics didn't have it though.

Archived