Nike's Fan Jersey Discussion

DeFrank

it's sooooo frustrating especially when you live in south Texas and see at least 30 people with cowboy gear when you walk into Walmart and a bunch of families with jerseys, knowing they paid a lot of money for their kids to not have the correct number font.

this is what CCSLC is allllll about. :)

I actually laughed my ass off at that when I read it. Sounded like Reebok should be unable to live with themselves for selling a cheap replica.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think the new Nike replicas are really cool looking. The idea of a t-shirt version of a jersey is awesome... But that doesn't really make them replicas, does it? Nor does it make them worth a hundred :censored:ing dollars. The concept is cool but it doesn't work for what it's trying to accomplish.

I like the idea too, but maybe for like 50 bucks...at the most

spacer.png

spacer.png

If only the on-field jerseys had the collars of the replica jerseys :cry:

And may I say, the plain NFL shield w/o the NFL Equipment logo, looks about a million times better. Such a classier look now that the NFL Equipment badge has bit the dust.

FSU2.gif

I remember the rather brief window of time when I could actually afford to buy a replica jersey that wasn't either in Value Village or Goodwill (Call me elitist if you will, but 12 year olds and younger are the only people who should buy Walmart jerseys). I know one thing, it's been several years since I bought one, and it'll be a while longer for me...these look pretty nice from what I see though. And the NFL Equipment patch finally dies a long overdue death, which is worth celebrating in small ways.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2012-04-03_13-03-24_981.jpg

2012-04-03_13-04-39_906.jpg

So, wait... I'm confused...

Which "level" is this?

Me too. This has the full yellow collar, unlike the real deal. I'm thinking it's the $100 replica.

You're right.

These are the $100 "Game" jerseys, which, regardless of the name, are the lowest-level and least like the on-field product.

They are more suggestive of the authentic look than anything. Hence the full gold collar.

Which "level" is this?

Me too. This has the full yellow collar, unlike the real deal. I'm thinking it's the $100 replica.

Not that this means a single thing but...why they got all them mannequins posing at parade rest?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If the silicone printed numbers are as good quality as the printing on some of my authentic college basketball game shorts, these jerseys will far exceed the Reebok $60 replica in terms of durability and washability. I've washed my shorts countless times and they still look brand new. These will definitely be worth the $100 price tag.

Having seen them In person, the silicon press-on numbers appear to be pretty durable. They feel like a more solid screen-print, not like they're in any danger of peeling off.

They're much, much nicer than the lowest-level Reebok replicas, seemingly justifying the price increase. The problem I have is that they bear so little resemblance to my team's actual uniforms that I wouldn't ever consider buying one, which is a shame.

Having seen them In person, the silicon press-on numbers appear to be pretty durable. They feel like a more solid screen-print, not like they're in any danger of peeling off.

They're much, much nicer than the lowest-level Reebok replicas, seemingly justifying the price increase. The problem I have is that they bear so little resemblance to my team's actual uniforms that I wouldn't ever consider buying one, which is a shame.

Do you say they bear no resemblance because of the materials or because of the cut? I wonder how dramatic the difference between the $100 and the $135 will be in terms of material/cut

I still don't understand why the "game" jersey isn't actually the jersey they wear in the games, but instead the lowest level replica. Is Nike trying to trick people into thinking they're getting an authentic game jersey when in fact they are getting the furthest thing from that?

I know that people on this board can tell a difference, and a lot of football fans know the difference, but if my mom or my girlfriend went into a store and saw a jersey called "game" with a $100 price tag, they'd probably assume that's the actual jerseys they wear in the games. They have no idea how much the authentic jerseys cost, but they know that $100 is pretty steep for something that looks like a t-shirt.

Do you say they bear no resemblance because of the materials or because of the cut?

Both. Plus the details - the Seahawks one in particular bears only a passing resemblance to the authentics.

I don't think we've seen the intermediate jerseys at all. Don't know what they'll look like.

Which "level" is this?

Not that this means a single thing but...why they got all them mannequins posing at parade rest?

C'mon, Buc, you of all people should know the answer...because they were tired of standing at attention. :D

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. It struck me as the one pose you basically never see a football player in.

I still don't understand why the "game" jersey isn't actually the jersey they wear in the games, but instead the lowest level replica. Is Nike trying to trick people into thinking they're getting an authentic game jersey when in fact they are getting the furthest thing from that?

I know that people on this board can tell a difference, and a lot of football fans know the difference, but if my mom or my girlfriend went into a store and saw a jersey called "game" with a $100 price tag, they'd probably assume that's the actual jerseys they wear in the games. They have no idea how much the authentic jerseys cost, but they know that $100 is pretty steep for something that looks like a t-shirt.

It's a good and valid question and the only answer that comes to my mind is marketing. As ridiculous as "Authentic" was in terms of Reebok's best jersey being an actual on-field jersey, at least they used that word at the correct level. You're right that this may fool many people into thinking they're getting something they're not. Maybe Nike figures if they can't tell the difference anyway, why not?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

My guess is "game" in this case means gameday, as in the fan's gameday, the jersey a fan would wear the game. Not, obviously, the jersey the player would. Although the idea that this might "accidently" mislead a few buyers is probably OK with the swoosh.

Archived