Nike's Fan Jersey Discussion

DeFrank

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so like I said last night, I was at the mall in my hometown and some locally-owned sports apparel store had the new Nike jerseys already on the shelves. They only had about 8-10 teams, but it was strange to see them and immediately caught my eye. The teams they had were the dark jerseys of the Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, Pittsburgh Steelers, Minnesota Vikings, and the San Diego Chargers, along with a few others I can't remember. Regrettably, they didn't have a Cam Newton Nike jersey on the shelves as it would've been purchased by me immediately. I asked the sales associate to take down one of the jerseys for me to look at, and she grabbed the Lions Calvin Johnson jersey. I snapped some pics of it for everyone. I really liked the quality of the jersey, the front and back material didn't feel too thin like most dri-fit shirts and the quality of the screen-printing was very high. I feel like these things will last a few years and some washes, perhaps better than their Reebok counterparts. That being said, I was disappointed in how poor the Packers one looked, the color seemed too subtle, and the Chicago Bears TV numbers appeared to be the same as their front and back numbers. However, I have a fairly novice eye, so who knows if I'm right on that one. Regardless, here are the pics I snapped.

photo4-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg?t=1334426107

photo1-1.jpg?t=1334426107

photo5.jpg?t=1334426113

Size wise if you were a large in reebok are you a large in Nike?

The sleeves seem weirdly long and whatever's on them is way too low - the Chiefs stripes for example. Oh, wait...the swoosh is what's centered on the sleeves. Figures.

The Saints numbers look taller and thinner than they have been. Maybe it's just that way on the replicas. OTOH, for $100 we don't expect them to actually look like what the team wears, do we? :rolleyes:

22-22054-Y.jpgdrew_brees--300x300.jpg

The back of the Jets jerseys at the shoulder is just awful.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The sleeves seem weirdly long and whatever's on them is way too low - the Chiefs stripes for example. Oh, wait...the swoosh is what's centered on the sleeves. Figures.

The Saints numbers look taller and thinner than they have been. Maybe it's just that way on the replicas. OTOH, for $100 we don't expect them to actually look like what the team wears, do we? :rolleyes:

The back of the Jets jerseys at the shoulder is just awful.

Those Saints numbers do look off. But they did get the Bears shoulder numbers right, something Reebok didn't do.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

does anyone have any nflshop discount codes that we can use to buy the jersey, usually 10 to 15% off? Does anyone know if Nike large will fit someone that wears reebok large in jerseys?

Not sure if this totally answers your question, but i found this while trying to find out for myself

http://www.shopthebills.com/buffalo-bills-size-guides.aspx

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

Archived