Nike's Fan Jersey Discussion

DeFrank

I think I've decided to buy all the rest of the throwbacks I don't have instead of chasing all the new unis forever. I'll go all 80s/90s jerseys. I hope I can deal w/ jerseys like the Redskins and Browns looking the same except they have wordmarks, which weren't around back then. I think I can deal w/ the 49ers looking almost the same w/ crooked stripes and wordmark. So I'm looking at 11/13 more teams. I could use the current Saints or buy the mid 80s version. The current Bills looks like the early to mid 80s Bills(minus the navy outline and wordmark). I somehow found 12 screen printed(they hang narrower) throwbacks. The only problem is the 80s Falcons, there's one that's stitched but it's a fake. The #s are white when they should be silver. I might have to settle for a black 90s version. The total cost of the 13 is $549, which I'd buy a couple at a time vs. 6 new nikes(Seahawks, Panthers, Rams, Lions, Bears, Chiefs) that would cost me $600. I'll probably get a new Seahawks one too anyway. I always wanted a college jersey :P

So what do you guys think? I've posted pics of my room. Either way it won't look uniform anymore reebok & nike staying w/ new. Throwback would be reebok, nike, champion, wilson, logo athletic, starter.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I simply cannot understand why the Colts jerseys are not modified to reflect the Rams and the Texans. Move the stripe from on top of the shoulder to the very top of the sleep. Taper both stripes so they meet in a point near the armpit.

They end up modified from the traditional look of the shoulder stripes anyways, so you'd think that would be the best adjustment.

22-22151-Y.jpg

22-21983-Y.jpg

22-21996-Y.jpg

I actually prefer the colts one. More reflective of the actual jerseys. I was kinda disappointed that the texans design was on the sleeves as opposed to the shoulders.

Maybe you're missing my point. I'm not talking about the fan jerseys as compared to the real jerseys, I'm talking about the real jerseys.

The Rams jerseys are actually like that. And if the Colts would do it that way, they wouldn't have to cutoff their stripes in such an awkward manner.

I actually prefer the colts one. More reflective of the actual jerseys. I was kinda disappointed that the texans design was on the sleeves as opposed to the shoulders.

Maybe you're missing my point. I'm not talking about the fan jerseys as compared to the real jerseys, I'm talking about the real jerseys.

The Rams jerseys are actually like that. And if the Colts would do it that way, they wouldn't have to cutoff their stripes in such an awkward manner.

Again, you may be misplacing your anger here. If the teams REALLY cared about any shoulder strip problems, they would have "fixed" them. The teams that told Nike they didn't want to change templates got their way. I have zero reason to believe Nike would have told the Colts that they couldn't make adjustments to the sleeve stripes if GB & ATL kept the exact jersey cut they had before.

Blame the Colts for not caring, not Nike for not "fixing" it. Irsay probably doesn't even see it as a "problem".

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Again, you may be misplacing your anger here. If the teams REALLY cared about any shoulder strip problems, they would have "fixed" them. The teams that told Nike they didn't want to change templates got their way. I have zero reason to believe Nike would have told the Colts that they couldn't make adjustments to the sleeve stripes if GB & ATL kept the exact jersey cut they had before.

Blame the Colts for not caring, not Nike for not "fixing" it. Irsay probably doesn't even see it as a "problem".

What I've felt and said for years. If the Colts for example wanted their stripes to go all the way around the way they used to, they'd tell the manufacturer to do it and that would be that. It's either prohibitively expensive (laughable as much as the NFL takes in) or they don't care. My experience with the Saints and uni matters, which is basically having a discussion via e-mail with one of the local paper's beat writers, is that because uni issues aren't important to the team (and the writer FWIW), they can't understand why those issues matter to fans at all. I think it was Peter King but one of the national writers basically questioned why the Nike unveiling was news at all. And who knows, for X% of people (probably the majority), those opinions are correct and they don't care much at all.

My wife is one of those, she claims not to notice or care about anything like exterior store design, airline paint jobs, football unis etc. "I don't care is the store or an airplane is painted white with the name in black block letters a foot high, if they have what I want or go where I'm going at a good price, that's what matters." And so on. She has taken more interest in unis just because I do and actually offers some pretty solid opinions. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The colts couldnt do that because they have sleeve numbers. There'd be no room. But they could perhaps put one stripe on the shoulders and one on the sleeves. Or if they had slightly smaller numbers they could easily go the lsu pro combat route. Like it was stated above if the colts really wanted the sleeve stripes to go all the way around, Nike would've made it happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a Seahawks jersey using my shoprunner account so I could check it out. I will be sending it back (free return shipping) tomorrow morning but wanted to share some photos and impressions.

* Jersey fits more like a T-shirt than jersey. The jersey is form fitting and not very baggy. I really like it

* Material is much heavier than old replicas..even feels heavier than my old reebok premier jersey as well

* screen printing is great. much better than old replicas.

Bottom line, well worth the $100. Awesome jersey and glad to see the Nike takeover. Will be purchasing a new Ravens jersey now that I got to see the quality

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

Archived