Packers Reject Nike Technology

kpbl_design

Might as well ban the new helmet styles, cleats as well. You want to keep the look the same right? Refusing the technology upgrades makes no sense.

Not the same. These jerseys aren't safer and we use the same riddell helmets the rest of the other teams do. You know you guys aren't using the sweat gut jerseys either.

I know we aren't. We wear black and IMO we should embrace any kind of technology to keep guys cool. I have no issues with the template as last years jerseys aren't exactly what they were when Al first made the jerseys. Materials, twill have changed over time. This would be just that.

No dude, you are wearing the regular, pre nike style jersey just like us, not the gut sweat one. So you know for a fact the new ones are better and keep you cooler or are you just falling in line w/ what nike told you?

Plus you ignore the fact or are just a wise a$$ that we are just as safe as any other team. comparing the riddell helmet to a nike jersey is not equal or relevant.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well ban the new helmet styles, cleats as well. You want to keep the look the same right? Refusing the technology upgrades makes no sense.

Not the same. These jerseys aren't safer and we use the same riddell helmets the rest of the other teams do. You know you guys aren't using the sweat gut jerseys either.

I know we aren't. We wear black and IMO we should embrace any kind of technology to keep guys cool. I have no issues with the template as last years jerseys aren't exactly what they were when Al first made the jerseys. Materials, twill have changed over time. This would be just that.

No dude, you are wearing the regular, pre nike style jersey just like us, not the gut sweat one. So you know for a fact the new ones are better and keep you cooler or are you just falling in line w/ what nike told you?

Plus you ignore the fact or are just a wise a$$ that we are just as safe as any other team. comparing the riddell helmet to a nike jersey is not equal or relevant.

I know the raiders are wearing the old uniform. I'm simply saying if the new jerseys work to our advantage ( we wear black) then we should embrace them.

The riddell helmet has evolved over the years. In its latest form, it's not the same design as the old one. You can paint it the same color, but looks different. It's the same for the jersey. If it keeps the players cooler, its better than the old design. DMC is a major part of our offense, if the new jersey is harder to pull, it can be to our advantage for him to break more runs. Can he still do it? Yes but he may have a few more as jersey tackles may not work any more.

I know the raiders are wearing the old uniform. I'm simply saying if the new jerseys work to our advantage ( we wear black) then we should embrace them.

The riddell helmet has evolved over the years. In its latest form, it's not the same design as the old one. You can paint it the same color, but looks different. It's the same for the jersey. If it keeps the players cooler, its better than the old design. DMC is a major part of our offense, if the new jersey is harder to pull, it can be to our advantage for him to break more runs. Can he still do it? Yes but he may have a few more as jersey tackles may not work any more.

A lot of the Packers wear the newer safer helmets. So they figure it is an actual benefit to the team. I guess they don't think the jerseys have the same benefit. Neither do the other 4 teams that said no.

A lot of the Packers wear the newer safer helmets. So they figure it is an actual benefit to the team. I guess they don't think the jerseys have the same benefit. Neither do the other 4 teams that said no.

Will be interesting to see the difference in action. If the Nike jerseys truly are harder to pull, then our teams lost out. Hopefully players get a choice down the line.

Will be interesting to see the difference in action. If the Nike jerseys truly are harder to pull, then our teams lost out. Hopefully players get a choice down the line.

If it is that much better, my guess is the 5 teams will ask nike to come up w/ something that has all of the same benefits as the pro combat w/o the weird seam lines. In defense of nike, I don't think anyone would notice the vents on the pant stripes. I just wonder if you grab someone in that area, would it rip because it's thin w/ holes.

And NHL teams did not get this option?

Basically, no.

But a lot of teams managed to adapt their classic looks to the Edge template just fine.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Just throwing this out there but the dazzle wearing pats DID lose to the tech fit wearing giants.... Just throwing it out there...

Seriously though I think the raiders are the one team in the whole league that would literally look the exact same if they switched to the new template. I can understand wanting the.shiny pants an going with an older model there but their jerseys look dated and uncomfortable. With that being said a part of me thinks Nike tried to make the teams that stuck with the old templates look as bad as possible on the mannequins.

Oh and way to post a picture of Donald driver with his "traditional collar" that is actually gets cutoff (not that it's worse than nikes half collars but still..) you could've at least put a picture of Aaron Rodgers who I'm certain doesn't have a tapered collar. (unless that's just sarcasm, kudos if that's the case)

Just throwing this out there but the dazzle wearing pats DID lose to the tech fit wearing giants.... Just throwing it out there...

Seriously though I think the raiders are the one team in the whole league that would literally look the exact same if they switched to the new template. I can understand wanting the.shiny pants an going with an older model there but their jerseys look dated and uncomfortable. With that being said a part of me thinks Nike tried to make the teams that stuck with the old templates look as bad as possible on the mannequins.

Oh and way to post a picture of Donald driver with his "traditional collar" that is actually gets cutoff (not that it's worse than nikes half collars but still..) you could've at least put a picture of Aaron Rodgers who I'm certain doesn't have a tapered collar. (unless that's just sarcasm, kudos if that's the case)

She was posting about his nike gloves. I was saying just because nike says they're better doesn't mean they are.

The Raiders probably wanted to keep the shinny pants to match the shinny helmet. Pats don't match anymore. You thought the Packers, Raiders looked bad? You thought the Jets(new nike unis) looked good?

She was posting about his nike gloves. I was saying just because nike says they're better doesn't mean they are.

The Raiders probably wanted to keep the shinny pants to match the shinny helmet. Pats don't match anymore. You thought the Packers, Raiders looked bad? You thought the Jets(new nike unis) looked good?

I just found it funny that she said a half packer collar seems wrong right above a picture of a 3/4 collar.

I didn't once mention the jets. But I do think teams loke the chiefs and the bears with real classic looks look a lot better now. The raiders look like they have high school jerseys from 10 yrs ago. And I understand them wanting shiny pants but think they should've upgraded jerseys much like the bucs and cowboys seemed to have done. And gone with a non elite 51 Nike model that utilizes shiny fabric.

And I was just saying that there's no actual correlation, but new materials seemed to get the best of the the patriots twice.

Maybe the Packers and Eagles were scared to look like the Jets. Seems nike has trouble matching up green. Bears, Chiefs, Cowboys, and Pats all have the funky seam lines. I'm not sure what you mean, by not wearing the speed 51 but still use the technology like them.

You were saying that the new ones look great. I was saying no they don't, look at the Jets. I haven't heard 1 person say they look good. I think the Packers, Raiders, Eagles, Panthers, look good. The new versions might look better on the black and navy than they do with the others. White might look okay too, since the very dark and the white might hide the seams better and may not get sweat gut during the game. We'll see. Still Packers look better w/o the new bells and whistles.

Here's what's going to happen this fall: The Packers are not as good as they should be and no one can quite figure out why -- until the final game of the season, when Aaron Rodgers breaks away from a sack for what would have been the game-winning, playoff-clinching touchdown... BUT, because he was 2% slower, he got caught at the 1. And because he didn't have the flywire collar, his jersey ripped and temporarily flew in his face, blinding him from a second defender who swatted the ball away and cost them everything.

So enjoy the goofy collar in 2013.

If only he'd had an aircraft-aluminum-grade belt ring...which reminds me, how could Nike be so behind the times? Everybody knows composites are the cutting edge in aircraft construction. :D

Nike's technology may be more comfortable, lighter, blah blah, but it's mostly about marketing and won't make one iota of difference on the field. If we were talking a one-jump change from long-sleeved Durene to the Nike stuff, sure, maybe. This is an incremental improvement that can't be significantly superior to the current unis.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

funny that GB let Jermichael wear the Reebok super-stretchys then.

439x.jpg

I think every team (except the Giants, who went all in) had one or two players "test" it out.

I don't think that is true. There are several teams I can't remember testing it out including your Vikings and my Cowboys.

funny that GB let Jermichael wear the Reebok super-stretchys then.

439x.jpg

I think every team (except the Giants, who went all in) had one or two players "test" it out.

I don't think that is true. There are several teams I can't remember testing it out including your Vikings and my Cowboys.

And I'm pretty positive no one on the Chiefs wore that jersey either. Unless it was a reserve or special teams player that no one noticed.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Nike's new innovations don't bother me except for that dumbass flywire. Total stupid move by the Bills to choose keep part of the uniform collar and implement the flywire on the uniform. The entire team is going to be running around like Eric Dickerson circa 1984 with their neck rolls. Same for the Chargers too.

Note Detroit. They used the flywire but dropped their old collar, went with blue and it looks far less stupid.

Come on people. It's not like Nike was going to dress them up like the Jetsons. They offered their template and materials, and the Packers preferred to use what they were using before. To champion them for anything other than being content with what they had is pure imagination.

This guy gets it.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived