Packers Reject Nike Technology

kpbl_design

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooner or later, they're going to have to change the technology and get in line with the rest of the league. It might not be within the next few years, but it's going to happen.

Doubtful. If anything once Nike's contract runs out everyone will switch back or switch to something else. Good on the Packers for sticking with what has worked for 50 years.

Sooner or later, they're going to have to change the technology and get in line with the rest of the league. It might not be within the next few years, but it's going to happen.

Doubtful. If anything once Nike's contract runs out everyone will switch back or switch to something else. Good on the Packers for sticking with what has worked for 50 years.

Oh come on, the packers are not wearing the same jersey as 50 years ago. They rejected the fly wire this time, but until this point, have been in line with the rest of the league.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

the only thing that I see teams reverting back to is getting rid of the collars...the fabric is a benefit and I don't think teams will want to take a step backward in that department.

for the 2017 contract, I think the two most likely scenarios are nike renewing or the league goes with their own label...I don't think adidas or under armor have the cash to compete on a contract.

Someone was saying Nike was the outfitter so that would have to be the gloves. So I show boldin in cutters. Plus just because nike is flashy and a known household name, doesn't make their product better. Jerseys included. I know the nike gloves aren't better having used nike, cutters, under armour, reebok, adidas. Nike #3.

O ok, well yeah each player is sponsered by different brands. Boldin will still wear Cutters and so on, aswell as players will still wear Under Armour and Adidas cleats. Just for the players who are sponsered by Nike they will wear the special gloves and cleats......and just for my 2 cents, I have used Nike and Cutters gloves and find the Nike gloves last twice as long

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Oh come on, the packers are not wearing the same jersey as 50 years ago. They rejected the fly wire this time, but until this point, have been in line with the rest of the league.

Exactly, and the Packers will still be wearing the same cut as everyone else just with a normal collar instead of the flywire collar. Lets be real here people 50 years ago guys were wearing mesh uniforms with heat pressed numbers compared to modern day.

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Exactly, and the Packers will still be wearing the same cut as everyone else just with a normal collar instead of the flywire collar. Lets be real here people 50 years ago guys were wearing mesh uniforms with heat pressed numbers compared to modern day.

It's not just the flywire collar, which is a design element, but it's the material. The Packers have rejected it for no apparent good reason.

But to suggest they're wearing what they wore even 10 years ago is silly. They'll still be wearing tight fitting and modified cut jerseys. They'll just be wearing a much more common mesh.

It's like college football. About 10 teams a year get Nike's best and newest technology and the rest of their teams are on an older set of gear. But in this case, every team could have had the best and newest (and unlike college, Nike wasn't pressing for new designs to market it), but a few teams turned it down.

Finley is why the "the players are the ones wearing the uniforms they should decide what they wear" camp is so dumb.

Yeah, let's change the Packers, and the brand equity they've built up to chase some trend so we can appease moron players who won't be with the team in 5 years.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just throwing this out there but the dazzle wearing pats DID lose to the tech fit wearing giants.... Just throwing it out there...

Seriously though I think the raiders are the one team in the whole league that would literally look the exact same if they switched to the new template. I can understand wanting the.shiny pants an going with an older model there but their jerseys look dated and uncomfortable. With that being said a part of me thinks Nike tried to make the teams that stuck with the old templates look as bad as possible on the mannequins.

Oh and way to post a picture of Donald driver with his "traditional collar" that is actually gets cutoff (not that it's worse than nikes half collars but still..) you could've at least put a picture of Aaron Rodgers who I'm certain doesn't have a tapered collar. (unless that's just sarcasm, kudos if that's the case)

She was posting about his nike gloves. I was saying just because nike says they're better doesn't mean they are.

The Raiders probably wanted to keep the shinny pants to match the shinny helmet. Pats don't match anymore. You thought the Packers, Raiders looked bad? You thought the Jets(new nike unis) looked good?

I just found it funny that she said a half packer collar seems wrong right above a picture of a 3/4 collar.

I didn't once mention the jets. But I do think teams loke the chiefs and the bears with real classic looks look a lot better now. The raiders look like they have high school jerseys from 10 yrs ago. And I understand them wanting shiny pants but think they should've upgraded jerseys much like the bucs and cowboys seemed to have done. And gone with a non elite 51 Nike model that utilizes shiny fabric.

And I was just saying that there's no actual correlation, but new materials seemed to get the best of the the patriots twice.

I just noticed that, lmao!! It was the first pic I noticed with the Nike gloves and I ignored that rest of it. ^_^

the only thing that I see teams reverting back to is getting rid of the collars...the fabric is a benefit and I don't think teams will want to take a step backward in that department.

for the 2017 contract, I think the two most likely scenarios are nike renewing or the league goes with their own label...I don't think adidas or under armor have the cash to compete on a contract.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Nike renews their contract five years from now. But if they don't, you're going to see this same type of unveiling by adidas, Reebok, or Under Armour and they'll be putting every team on their TechFit or whatever template they have at the time.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Packers uniforms have had a few changes over the past 50 some years. I'd like to see a return of the striped socks they wore in the 60s. They look so great on the Bears.

I also remember the sleeves having Gs on the side in the 80s and early 90s, Majikowski era, I always thought that was pretty cool. Although it probably wouldn't work with todays sleeveless, tighter jersey cut.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing the striped collar go away completely. If it was just all green like the rest of the uniform similar to the 60s uniforms that would be awesome.

The Packers uniforms have had a few changes over the past 50 some years. I'd like to see a return of the striped socks they wore in the 60s. They look so great on the Bears.

I also remember the sleeves having Gs on the side in the 80s and early 90s, Majikowski era, I always thought that was pretty cool. Although it probably wouldn't work with todays sleeveless, tighter jersey cut.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing the striped collar go away completely. If it was just all green like the rest of the uniform similar to the 60s uniforms that would be awesome.

yes...bring back the striped socks, restore the original sleeve stripes and lose the collar trim.

Someone was saying Nike was the outfitter so that would have to be the gloves. So I show boldin in cutters. Plus just because nike is flashy and a known household name, doesn't make their product better. Jerseys included. I know the nike gloves aren't better having used nike, cutters, under armour, reebok, adidas. Nike #3.

O ok, well yeah each player is sponsered by different brands. Boldin will still wear Cutters and so on, aswell as players will still wear Under Armour and Adidas cleats. Just for the players who are sponsered by Nike they will wear the special gloves and cleats......and just for my 2 cents, I have used Nike and Cutters gloves and find the Nike gloves last twice as long

you must have got the ball thrown to you a lot less w/ the nikes ;). neither of my 2 pair of cutters have worn out after 4 & 2 years. My nikes did after 1. All but one of the guys I play w/ have switched to cutters. The other guy can't catch and blames every pair of gloves he tries and goes bare handed sometimes. I told him gloves can't do everything, but they're still better than hands. The Nike magnagrip wears off, the cutters c-tack doesn't. If you like nike good for you. I'm sure they're happy to have your business.

Good for the Packers seeing through all the pure 100% B.S. that all this new "technology" in uniforms is. It's just a marketing ploy 100%. This new "technology" isn't better and doesn't make players better. It's purely marketing sold to suckers to make companies such as Nike, Reebok, and Under Armor profit.

Reminds me of the 2006 Winter Olympics when Switzerland and Sweden--the only 2 teams not outfitted in the new Nike Swift technology--made the quarters with the Swedes winning the gold.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

yes...bring back the striped socks, restore the original sleeve stripes and lose the collar trim.

I disagree. The original sleeve stripes would look too cluttered with uniforms these days, and the collar stripes are classic and look good. But I agree on the sock stripes

1. I don't see how what GB/PHI/OAK/ATL/???(team five) are doing is any different than the Yankees decided to not wear COOLBASE. Sometimes teams just like to stick with what they have.

2. Major college programs like Texas, Alabama, & Penn State have all avoided any of the "innovative" shenanigans that Nike has tried. They still "look" like they wear traditional-style jerseys (what Reebok supplied), even though the actual materials used are Nike's upgraded materials.

3. Believe it or not, most of these companies' special materials are pretty damn similar. Nike was outfitting college baseball teams in a material nearly identical to Majestic COOLBASE a year before Majestic unveiled it in MLB.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

2. Major college programs like Texas, Alabama, & Penn State have all avoided any of the "innovative" shenanigans that Nike has tried. They still "look" like they wear traditional-style jerseys (what Reebok supplied), even though the actual materials used are Nike's upgraded materials.

Texas is moving to the newer uniforms and even has crazy-ass Nike practice uniforms. Also, Alabama wears Speed Machine uniforms.

pb-120109-bama-850p.photoblog900.jpg

Sans collar flywire, of course.

I understand the Packers' reasoning, of course, but the Tide are as much a college blue blood as the Packers are one for the NFL, so if Bama can get on board with Nike without compromising their principles, I'm sure the Packers can too.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

in addition to the release of every wide receiver on the roster due to a misunderstanding regarding the forward pass rule.

Well done, but this line is ironic considering that the Packers were the first team to really utilize a wide receiver.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

And NHL teams did not get this option?

Basically, no.

NHL teams had to take the scooped hem, but more teams could have retained their same styling.

The Avalanche "mountain" pattern along the hem is often used as an example of distinctive team style lost in the RBK Edge homogenization. But Colorado could have kept that detail if they wanted; they chose to move to an "updated" look.

And NHL teams did not get this option?

Basically, no.

NHL teams had to take the scooped hem, but more teams could have retained their same styling.

The Avalanche "mountain" pattern along the hem is often used as an example of distinctive team style lost in the RBK Edge homogenization. But Colorado could have kept that detail if they wanted; they chose to move to an "updated" look.

Yep.

Also they had a Reebok rep on hand during the unveiling of the first Leafs Edge set. He said something along the lines of "we presented the team with a few new designs but they chose to keep their classic look."

So it ultimately does come down to the teams.

Archived