Bears Orange Pants and Other "Surprises" in Madden 13

OldRamsFan

vg_madden13_3_576.jpg

"We even have some of the details and jerseys Nike hasn't revealed just yet. There are a lot of great alternate uniforms this year that people are going to love. There are some big surprises that are coming with helmets and things like that, that people don't know about. I can't wait until they see it in the game."

from

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/7778668/madden-13-showcases-nike-uniforms?readmore=fullstory

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not necessarily a bad look, but definitely not a "Bears" look. If true, this is terrible. They need only white and navy blue pants.

My thoughts exactly. I liked orange pants for the Broncos and Browns, but it just doesn't seem right for da Bears

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

That is just awful. In so many ways.

Plus, why the hell can't they get the shoulder numbers right? They're not even using the proper number style.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

vg_madden13_3_576.jpg

I say this as a lifelong Packers fan, and now, stockholder:

NO.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It doesn't look terrible--didn't the Illini wear orange pants for a while?--but it doesn't look like the Bears. I wish I had confidence that the actual Bears weren't going to wear these, but they've already crapped on their brand equity with in-game fashion jerseys, so who's to say.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

vg_madden13_3_576.jpg

"We even have some of the details and jerseys Nike hasn't revealed just yet. There are a lot of great alternate uniforms this year that people are going to love. There are some big surprises that are coming with helmets and things like that, that people don't know about. I can't wait until they see it in the game."

from

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/7778668/madden-13-showcases-nike-uniforms?readmore=fullstory

As long as they don't go all-orange, I'll survive.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

"There are a lot of great alternate uniforms this year that people are going to love. There are some big surprises that are coming with helmets and things like that, that people don't know about. I can't wait until they see it in the game."

Best news. I'm praying for black pants for the Falcons.

It doesn't look terrible--didn't the Illini wear orange pants for a while?--but it doesn't look like the Bears.

My thoughts exactly--well, except the wondering about Illinois part--it's not a bad look at all but the Bears already have a look that can't really be improved upon. (Their home uniform is flawless.) This seems to be a case of adding something just because you can. That's fine in a video game, let's just hope it doesn't become reality.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm gonna assume this is just a Madden thing and that the Bears don't actually have orange pants. This wouldn't be a bad look for the Illini though.

It doesn't look terrible--didn't the Illini wear orange pants for a while?--but it doesn't look like the Bears. I wish I had confidence that the actual Bears weren't going to wear these, but they've already crapped on their brand equity with in-game fashion jerseys, so who's to say.

They've worn orange pants throughout the years and actually did quite a bit this past year, but they've always been paired with an orange helmet. The Bears don't need orange pants at all. Especially now that they're finally ditching the orange jerseys. Blue/white at home and white/blue on the road is perfect. I even like the all white look for a game or two on the road, but orange should never be the main color on a Bears uniform.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived