The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

All I can think of while watching this game is how compacted it is. Seriously the players are only going to get bigger as time goes on. Can't the rules committee at least consider the international ice? The game would flow so much nicer

Manchester-City-icon.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8:45 on the clock, Elias and Clarkson with a really awesome scoring chance, shot goes high, and Doc Emrick starts making REALLY WEIRD noises, I think it was like "bawk-awp-da-awp-a-na-pop!" Seriously, what the hell. And they call him a pro. It's like having Harry Caray call the game.

At work today, us hockey fans have a pool going on Doc Emrick-isms.

I drew "Waffleboarded". I think my stiffest competition will come from "Skittered", "Pitchforked", and "Ladled"....

Was there a wild card for "vague Professor Frink gibberish"? A shawwwwt ohhhh off of the thing with the thing that does the deal and the where it ohhhhhhhh

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

All I can think of while watching this game is how compacted it is. Seriously the players are only going to get bigger as time goes on. Can't the rules committee at least consider the international ice? The game would flow so much nicer

Problem there would be the retrofitting of every arena in the NHL.

I mean, I won't pretend to talk about the feasibility or lack-thereof that may exist with such an idea, because, frankly, my area of expertise has never been in such concepts nor has it ever interested me. But I do think that's a pretty relevant factor in all of this, especially in American rinks.

spacer.png

Problem there would be the retrofitting of every arena in the NHL.

I mean, I won't pretend to talk about the feasibility or lack-thereof that may exist with such an idea, because, frankly, my area of expertise has never been in such concepts nor has it ever interested me. But I do think that's a pretty relevant factor in all of this, especially in American rinks.

I think I heard at one point that it would cost $15 million per rink to do that. Plus there would be prime, expensive seats lost. I think it's a non-starter with most teams.

Archived