The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

First 2-0 lead for the franchise since the 1987 quarterfinals (Jets over Flames). Second 2nd round victory in franchise history.

Some amazing stuff happening in the desert.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't watch a second of tonight's game, but Pekka Rinne is obviously playing really not Rinne like, or that Defense is somehow getting exploited. Credit the Yotes, but Preds now have to take both back in the Music City.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Had this ready to go, but didn't need it.

TrollSen.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Where's the Senators' golf logo?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Again, you stay classy Philadelphia.

ArrchVZCIAIJOjX.jpg

Ah yes, Philadelphia. Where all the world's worst people reside. How about all those Philadelphians disguised as Bruins fans that sent racist tweets to Joel Ward? Disgrace.

Quick! He's hurting your pride, deflect it to another fan base! Oh, that's what you just did? Never mind.

Anyway, playing devils advocate here, how is this any different than mocking Scalabrine for being THAT white guy?

Again, you stay classy Philadelphia.

ArrchVZCIAIJOjX.jpg

Ah yes, Philadelphia. Where all the world's worst people reside. How about all those Philadelphians disguised as Bruins fans that sent racist tweets to Joel Ward? Disgrace.

Well any post that generalizes an entire fanbase while using the actions of one as justification amounts to trolling, however, that jersey is an absolute disgrace and embarrassment. How he was allowed to sit wear that in the arena is beyond me, and I certainly would have said something to him. I hope the Flyers organization sees this, is equally embarrassed, and finds a way to revoke his ticket or bar such things moving forward.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm in no way defending that guy, but deflecting it to another fan base? You bet I am. Just tired of the same old, tired stereotype that Philly fans are these awful people, and that people from other fanbases never misbehave. 95% of you have never been to a sporting event in this town, yet you regurgitate what ESPN and the other out of touch national outlets feed you. Try forming your own opinion for once. Difficult? Yea, I know...

I went to a Flyers-Rangers game at the Garden last year. I had someone start a Pelle Lindbergh chant at me. Are all Rangers fans insensitive morons? No, just a couple of loudmouth idiots.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I'm in no way defending that guy, but deflecting it to another fan base? You bet I am. Just tired of the same old, tired stereotype that Philly fans are these awful people, and that people from other fanbases never misbehave. 95% of you have never been to a sporting event in this town, yet you regurgitate what ESPN and the other out of touch national outlets feed you. Try forming your own opinion for once. Difficult? Yea, I know...

I went to a Flyers-Rangers game at the Garden last year. I had someone start a Pelle Lindbergh chant at me. Are all Rangers fans insensitive morons? No, just a couple of loudmouth idiots.

Right. But people do that just to troll and get a rise out of people. Anyone with half a brain and even a little bit of maturity knows that not every Boston fan is a racist tweeter, not every White Sox fan is a 1st-base-coach beater, not every... you get the point. Best to just let it go and let the person who made the comment look like the fool (of course I fall into the trap myself on occasion!)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Right. But people do that just to troll and get a rise out of people. Anyone with half a brain and even a little bit of maturity knows that not every Boston fan is a racist tweeter, not every White Sox fan is a 1st-base-coach beater, not every... you get the point. Best to just let it go and let the person who made the comment look like the fool (of course I fall into the trap myself on occasion!)

Exactly. Philadelphia is a passionate sports city, would you rather be from Glendale? The more you bitch and moan about how other people perceive your city the worse you make it for yourself. You sound petty and irrational. Just let it go like Vet said. Am I up in arms trying to defend Boston because of those idiots on Twitter? Nah, the grown-ups can tell the difference between a group of trolls and a rational person on their own. Hell, teenage white kids will use any excuse to say the N word if there's no repercussions; it's cool to be an a-hole, remember.

I hope the Flyers organization sees this, is equally embarrassed, and finds a way to revoke his ticket or bar such things moving forward.

During one of the commercial timeouts at yeaterday's game, the Flyers showed a live deviled-egg-eating contest on the Jumbotron. One of the participants exclaimed, "It's so :censored: ing good!" shortly before making some impromptu egg salad for the 19,000 watching.

What I'm saying here is, I think you greatly overestimate how easily the Flyers organization embarrasses.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Admiral hasn't been around here for a while. I'm guessing he committed harakiri due to the Coyotes advancing.

He's conducting an in-depth investigation to find out how much the NHL is paying Pekka Rinne to open his five-hole for the Coyotes.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Regarding that Flyers fan, the saddest part is that the man looks to be well into his 30s/40s, i.e. not some dumb college kid (which would by no means be condonable, but that's something you'd think someone his age would be above).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived