The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

You must've been a big Jacques Martin fan when he was around.

No, at least not during his last year. And who isn't loving this Coyotes miracle playoff run? Couldn't of came at a better time!

1) Couldn't have.

2) Who isn't loving it? People who are fans of teams other than the Coyotes and want the NHL to succeed. People who think it's ridiculous that a bankrupt city is laying off police officers and cutting library services to subside a private business which nobody cares about. So, I don't know, lots of people.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, if you don't want the perception of impropriety, don't have a terrible organization miraculously succeed after you buy them out of bankruptcy and move mountains to keep them from relocating. The league brings it on itself.

The guy in the blue polo shirt is the Coyotes.

Haha, that was actually kind of funny. Poor Colin always got picked on :P

And man, I miss that show.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Did I miss the part of this thread where people are complaining about the fact that the Kings had a losing regular-season record and are only in the playoffs because of their 15 OTLs? Or is that talk reserved only for the Panthers? :)

LA's 65-minute record is 34-33-15, their goal differential was 9th in the league, and their goals against was 2nd. The Panthers' was 32-33-17, their differential ranked 20th, their scoring 27th, their goals against 12th. By rights they should've finished well behind the woeful Canadiens. They're probably the worst playoff team the league has seen since the 16-out-of-21 era. Don't apologize.

How come you didn't mention the Kings' scoring ranking? Wasn't convenient to your argument?

And I'd say worst division champ...not necessarily worst playoff team. Even you know that's a stretch. There have been teams since 1991 that have been worse than the Panthers. Hell the Sharks were -39 in goals in 48 games in '95 and still made the playoffs. If you go back, you'll see some awful teams from '92 thru '97 made the tournament.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I thought throwing the catfish on the ice meant a penalty, no?

Yeah, me too?

The refs must get distracted by the ice girls that come out to pick up the catfish. I swear the announcers seem to forget that they're calling a hockey game every time they come out.

Hard evidence that the Coyotes are an evil franchise that must be defeated by right and justice:

hilarious-photos-thechive-funny-52.jpg?w=500&h=330

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Right and justice? Look, I don't get all this Coyote hating going on here and I couldn't care less if every freaking Chicago fan seems to have a burning vendetta against the Coyotes for things that seem to be out of their control at this moment.

What I am seeing is a team in Phoenix that has a hot goalie and a very good defense that has pretty much clamped down on Nashville for 3 of the 4 games (Game 3 is an aberration) in this series. To me, seeing Phoenix do well is good for hockey. I mean, granted that everyone would rather see them get shipped to Quebec for reasons far beyond me, this is good for the sport.

Right and justice? Look, I don't get all this Coyote hating going on here and I couldn't care less if every freaking Chicago fan seems to have a burning vendetta against the Coyotes for things that seem to be out of their control at this moment.

IT'S. CALLED. A. JOKE.

Jesus christ, all of you need to get a sense of humor about Team Justice. It always was a joke. Always.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What I am seeing is a team in Phoenix that has a hot goalie and a very good defense that has pretty much clamped down on Nashville for 3 of the 4 games (Game 3 is an aberration) in this series. To me, seeing Phoenix do well is good for hockey. I mean, granted that everyone would rather see them get shipped to Quebec for reasons far beyond me, this is good for the sport.

It's because their continued existence is financially ruining the city of Glendale. They've cut civic services and closed libraries so they could afford to keep this team around.

That's why people want to see them moved.

It's because their continued existence is financially ruining the city of Glendale. They've cut civic services and closed libraries so they could afford to keep this team around.

That's why people want to see them moved.

Do we have an actual list of which libraries have closed?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

To me, seeing Phoenix do well is good for hockey.

First of all, it's financially ruinous for the rest of the league to perpetuate this team because they have never and can never charge anything approaching league-average prices. Second of all, the Coyotes as they've played in their League-Engineered Success era are precisely the kind of low-talent system team that ran the league's revenues into the ground and cancelled a season. There is no universe in which a money-bleeding neutral zone trap is "good for hockey." Get your facts straight. This isn't a movie.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hey, if you don't want the perception of impropriety, don't have a terrible organization miraculously succeed after you buy them out of bankruptcy and move mountains to keep them from relocating. The league brings it on itself.

The guy in the blue polo shirt is the Coyotes.

Btw Ryan Stiles (tall guy in red shirt) is also Canadian. And shouldn't the Coyotes' moving talk be in the other thread?

and there's nothing more bush league than a team winning a league championship and then moving. This isn't professional indoor lacrosse.

It'd be a PR nightmare for a league-owned team to win a championship and this league doesn't need anymore PR nightmares. It'd call the integrity of competition into question.

The more games the Coyotes win, the worse it is for hockey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Bench Radulov and then lose 1-0. Great decision there, Nashville.

So, barring a blown lead, we're set to see either Phoenix or LA in the Final. Phoenix and LA. Phoenix and LA. WTF.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

And shouldn't the Coyotes' moving talk be in the other thread?

YES, thank you. Seriously. I come here wanting to talk playoffs, not about how the Coyotes invaded Earth and destroyed all civilization with thier neutral zone trap and financial troubles. Yes, we get it. Even as a Yotes fan, I get it. I understand. It's time for them to go. But there's a thread for the hockey-apocalypse-as-brought-about-by-that-team-of-Satan's-minions-in-Glendale talk.

Now, about playoffs! I'm gonna take Washington in an upset today. I definitely want this series to stretch out as far as it can - it's been fun hockey to watch.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

and there's nothing more bush league than a team winning a league championship and then moving. This isn't professional indoor lacrosse.

It'd be a PR nightmare for a league-owned team to win a championship and this league doesn't need anymore PR nightmares. It'd call the integrity of competition into question.

The more games the Coyotes win, the worse it is for hockey.

The only place I hear whining about 'integrity of competition' is on this forum. I live in a pretty hockey crazy area and not once have I heard anyone outside of this board insinuate the Coyotes aren't winning legitimacy. I really doubt that if Phoenix win it would be a PR disaster. If they do move the next year, embarrassing maybe but not a PR disaster.

niagaraq.png

If Dan Girardi was one of the most under appreciated players in the league. After these playoffs he'll be talked about as one of the best defenseman in the league.

And this guy is went undrafted.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived