The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Shut up Brian Hayward, your envy is too loud.

You are joking.

This is a joke.

Yes, yes I am. He was sort of annoying in the Vancouver series, maybe someone told him to tone it down a bit.

I mean, I hear the guy on an almost daily basis during Ducks season, so I reach my points of annoyance with him. But I think he's actually been pretty good all-around in this postseason. I'm happy he's getting some work in.

All I heard from him was Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver oh look the Kings scored Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver.

And he hasn't been slobbing all over Quick? I think you're being conveniently deaf here. (And didn't he only announce one game of the VAN/LA series? And didn't you get Bob Miller and his trained chimpanzee on FSWest for that series?)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We see that giant middle finger from here Darryl it's okay... The whole city is proud of you and rooting for you.

Can we even call these Kings "A Cinderella Team" These guys don't look like the 2003 Ducks, 2004 Flames, 2006 Oilers. Sutter played it safe against Vancouver, got timely scoring and a tremendous Jon Quick performance. Now he's unleashed the power that this team has, still with Jon Quick performing like a madman!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

An empty-netter seals it.

What an awful camera angle, though. When the fans stand they take up the low 1/4 of the screen, and that's before they start waving towels.

IUe6Hvh.png

We see that giant middle finger from here Darryl it's okay... The whole city is proud of you and rooting for you.

Can we even call these Kings "A Cinderella Team" These guys don't look like the 2003 Ducks, 2004 Flames, 2006 Oilers. Sutter played it safe against Vancouver, got timely scoring and a tremendous Jon Quick performance. Now he's unleashed the power that this team has, still with Jon Quick performing like a madman!

There are a lot of (terribly awful) similarities to that 2003 Mighty Ducks team though. Hot goaltender, knock off the #1 and #2 seeds in 10 games or less including a sweep of the #2 seed, playing a team similar to themselves in style and almost less hyped than them in the conference final (in 2003, it was the #6 seeded Minnesota Wild. Likely to be Phoenix in 2012).

I hope this is where the similarities end. That 2003 Mighty Ducks team ended up only allowing 1 goal to the Wild in their 4-game West sweep and then that 7-game final against New Jersey... I'd rather the Kings just lost now. No banner to acknowledge anything that happened this season.

C'mon, Coyotes. Help me out.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The fact the Kings went 8-1 against the West 1 and 2 is just crazy. Echoing some of the sentiment above, I don't know whether I should call this team a Cinderella or not. I mean, they're playing in a way that the 8-seed label doesn't even seem right to apply.

Now who knows, they could either burn out or keep rolling in the WCF, but the way Quick is playing especially, I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm officially rooting for the Kings to come out of the West. Media-market-wise, TV exposure will likely increase (far more than if PHX makes it), and any of the 4 teams left in the East would provide another good TV market share.Of course, the Derp Finals at this point would be Caps-Yotes, and still has a mathematical possibility of occurring...so...

At the beginning of the season I predicted a Sabres-Kings Finals. Aside from the letdown in Buffalo, it's nice to see the Kings are finally playing like I thought they would. I'd still rather see Preds-Caps but this is an interesting turn of events anyway

Midway.png

Archived