The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Not to veer too off-topic, but that's still the greatest playoff save I've ever seen in my lifetime, right ahead of Evgeni Nabokov's glover against Dallas a few years back.

Dang good memories watching that, too. I was a decent hockey fan before that, but the '03 Mighty Ducks were the team that REALLY got me into hockey. I pretty much owe my huge hockey interest and fanship to that team and they're still one of my favorites for it. Still sucks knowing they didn't get the Cup that year (THAT's why I despise New Jersey), but I'm glad Giggy especially eventually got his ring.

And man, it's still baffling to me that the '03 West Final was Anaheim and Minnesota. One crazy year.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They play happened right in front of me, it was the end of the period and Giroux loaded up aimed and hit Zubrus with a cheap shot he aimed for the head and fortuntley Zubrus was ok, but Giroux need to be suspended.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I mean, Giroux has been practically invisible this series, so yes they'll miss him. Seeing as he's quite the impact player, but I still think this series is going the distance.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Guys, Mario is coming back for one more season. Hopefully his knees hold up.......

... what? I thought we were pretending it was still 2003.

If that's the case, can we pretend that the Pens are bankrupt and on the verge of moving to Kansas City? ^_^

Guys, Mario is coming back for one more season. Hopefully his knees hold up.......

If that's the case, can we pretend that the Pens are bankrupt and on the verge of moving to Kansas City? ^_^

If that means pens fans can invade Verizon Center and watch the pens dominate a fellow top-three-draft-picker, I'm all for it!

EDIT: Actually that was 2003-04, not 02-03. Oh well, you guys still suck. :P

oBIgzrL.png

If that means pens fans can invade Verizon Center and watch the pens dominate a fellow top-three-draft-picker, I'm all for it!

Your first statement is a fair tradeoff. By the way, how's the weather on the golf course?

To sit there and say Roy was better than Brodeur is outright lunacy at this point...

Oh, is it?

Wins - Roy 551, Brodeur 656

Stanley Cups - Roy 4, Brodeur 3

Vezina Trophies - Roy 3, Brodeur 4

Conn Smythe Trophies - Roy 3, Brodeur 0

Jennings Trophies - Roy 5, Brodeur 5

All-Star Selections - Roy 11, Brodeur 10

1st Team - Roy 4, Brodeur 3

2nd Team - Roy 2, Brodeur 4

This is not an argument for Roy necessarily as much as it is for the point that comparing the two is not "outright lunacy". You say that as if Brodeur is a slam-dunk...well, the two are a great deal closer than that. Yeah I'm one in the Roy camp, but I can't say with full honesty that he's way ahead of Brodeur, either. Brodeur is right behind, and if he wins another Cup this year (OH GOSH the thought alone bids my ulcer to flare), then he's going to get even closer in my book. But the point is, the two are too similar for the comparison to be "outright lunacy".

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Your first statement is a fair tradeoff. By the way, how's the weather on the golf course?

Pretty nice, except the part where Jordan "Cant-Hit-The-Broadside-Of-A-Barn-Let-Alone-The-Net" Staal won't shut up about how he still is ahead of Ovi in points.

[/YesEvenNowImStillChirping]

[/suckers]

oBIgzrL.png

Archived