The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea what Washington team will come out on Wednesday night. This is about as brutal a loss as it gets, given how many times the Game 5 winner of a 2-2 series ultimately wins, plus Verizon Center crowd on their side, and a trip to the ECF for the first time since 1998 on the line.

Dale Hunter's squad is much tougher mentally than any of the Caps teams were under Boudreau. They aren't going to die easily. But damn is this a tough loss to bounce back from. Joel Ward giveth, Joel Ward taketh away.

spacer.png

:censored: Glendale.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Capitals, if they can find a way to :censored: things up they will. That penalty by Joel Ward was just flat out dumb. It's bad enough to get a penalty when the goalie is pulled, bur taking a double minor is simply inexcusable. Maybe they could have killed it maybe they could not of, but the double minor put the Caps in a situation where they are shaken up by the late goal and then have to begin OT shorthanded. It is very hard to overcome that especially on the road with the Garden rocking. I don't think the Caps will recover, but if they do and they force a seventh game they will show me something that maybe next year at the very least they can finally put it together. Til than they are still Sharks East.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Serious question from the hockey broadcast: Is there really men's slowpitch softball in the Olympics?

No, because Chicago didn't get the 2016 games.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that statement. Maybe there was some pronoun trouble, and he was trying to say Smith was selected for the Olympics for ice hockey? Except I don't think that's true either.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Serious question from the hockey broadcast: Is there really men's slowpitch softball in the Olympics?

No, because Chicago didn't get the 2016 games.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that statement. Maybe there was some pronoun trouble, and he was trying to say Smith was selected for the Olympics for ice hockey? Except I don't think that's true either.

Yeah, when the announcer/sideline reporter/whoever was going on about Smith as a softball player after saying something about him "catching the high ones with his quick glove," I thought he was going somewhere else, but he ended up at the old cliche "he had to pick what game he wanted to continue playing." I've never heard the other side of that choice ending as "he passed up his slowpitch softball career - and he could have played in the Olympics!"

Are you sure you want the NHL's sloppy seconds?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What a farce.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Are you sure you want the NHL's sloppy seconds?

That'll be five games and sensitivity training for you, mister.

Archived