The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

I believe this is golf weekend for NBC, so next weekend the Game 4's will be on the channel.

They're showing highlights of (insert one of 26 teams eliminated by then)?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna say that no matter what we won't start until Saturday at the earliest. That seems pretty obvious with a potential Caps/Rangers Game 7 on Friday, but I think it'll probably deal with what the NHL wants to do TV-wise. With just the two series, Sat/Sun are the NBC days, so it depends on if they want to start with just the East series on Sunday or West series on Saturday.

There also hasn't been a day without a game in these playoffs so far (Thursday will probably be the first), so idk if the NHL is really committed to this "Every Game, Every Night" thing, or if it's just been coincidence.

Well Game 7 would be Saturday night not Friday if necessary.

I ask because I'll be back in the NYC area for a few days a week from tomorrow and I bought tickets to a potential Game 2 @ MSG. Yes, I know, they still need to win one, but it'd suck if Game 2 is while I'm still in California should they make it that far.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

That's not to say that the Coyotes' current uniforms are bad, of course.

The simple addition of hem stripes would make them at least average. Without them, they're just so damn boring.

Then again, anything is boring compared to the picasso threads.

oBIgzrL.png

Well, I sort of got an answer:

Tom Gulitti tweets that if the Rangers defeat the Capitals tonight and win their series, their conference finals match up against the Devils would start this weekend.

If the Capitals beat the Rangers, game seven would be on Saturday and the conference finals would start early next week.

10:12AM: John Shannon of Sportsnet in Canada tweets, “Told that NHL is working with 6 different playoff scenarios, with earliest 3rd round start being Saturday. Should note that NBC isn’t carrying hockey on Sat/Sun afternoons this weekend because of TPC golf.Means no noon start in Phx for G1.”

Obviously I'd rather the Rangers just win tonight and not have to worry about/play in a Game 7 and have to unload my ticket...besides I guess I could always exchange for a game in Newark.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

And this here sums up what I feel to be the only problem with Phoenix's current uniforms - as sharp and classy as they are (unpopular opinion: I actually rather like the look of a sans-hem stripe jersey), they just aren't the Picassoyote uniforms. Replacing one of the most unique and best designed uniforms in hockey with simplicity, no matter how good the new product looks, is dooming to the new product.

I wish at the very least, they could have kept the Picassoyote logo itself. I think an updated version of it on the current uniforms would have actually looked really nice.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That's not to say that the Coyotes' current uniforms are bad, of course.

The simple addition of hem stripes would make them at least average. Without them, they're just so damn boring.

Agreed. The lack of hem stripes makes them look unfinished while the shoulder yoke on the Away looks out of place.

So if the Caps win tonight. Game 7 is Saturday, at Noon. WTF? Do they plan on playing Game 1 of the Western Conference final later that night?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Devils won this series in spite of Brodeur.

He'd reminding me of Niemi in 2010- the team is basically carrying him save for games 4 and 7 against Florida.

Marty's been much better than you're giving him credit for...

Has he let in some goals the Martain Brodeur of old wouldn't have? Absolutly. A few real bad softies.

However, to say the Devils are winning in spite of Brodeur? I have to disagree with that sentiment. Marty has been key in getting the Devils to this point.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm pulling for the Rangers tonight. I would love to a see a Rangers-Devils ECF because the 1994 playoffs and that Rangers-Devils series especially was really the first time I sat down and paid attention to hockey. My dad taught me the history of the two teams, explained the close proximity, the Rangers drought, and I took in every second of it and was hooked for good.

I want it for the nostalgia factor, specifically because it's cool to think about how the same guy will be in net for the Devils for both series.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Glad I went to see The Avengers last night. I knew with all the injuries/suspensions to Philly (plus Bryzgalov's injury to his playing ability) that they were not going to last much longer. I'll take consolation that they did win one round, and sent the Golden Boys of the NHL packing in that round. I hope any team but Jersey wins it all - and if Phoenix wins, that they hold the Stanley Cup parade in Quebec City. :flagcanada:

Rangers-Kings Final would be great for TV ratings. Both coasts! (If they can schedule the start times in a way that can attract both markets at the same time.)

SAT. Jun. 2 - NY - 7:00 ET (4:00 in LA)

Sun. Jun. 3 - NY - 7:00 ET (4:00 in LA)

Tue. Jun. 5 - LA - 6:00 PT (9:00 in NY)

Thu. Jun. 7 - LA - 6:00 PT (9:00 in NY)

Sat. Jun. 9 - NY - 7:00 ET (4:00 in LA)

Mon. Jun. 11 - LA - 6:00 PT (9:00 in NY)

Wed. Jun. 13 - NY - 9:00 ET (6:00 in LA)

The weeknight games will almost certainly be 8:30ish eastern/5:30 pacific starts regardless of which coast the game is on, who makes it, and games 1 & 2 won't be back-to-back.

As far as this goes: Yeah, that sure does make it simpler - but a guy can speculate, can't he?

Remember when Bryzgalov was on Phoenix?

Bryzgalov-wants-to-bring-Stanley-Cup-to-Philly-9UAU45D-x-large.jpg

Then they got a goalie.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

At least Bryz isn't a ballet dancer.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Dale Hunter's got that team's collective mentality in the right place.

And that's all that really matters. Not a fan of his system, and they were pretty mediocre under Hunter, but they have more battle-intensity in their pinky than the Boudreau Caps had altogether. And that's why they've beaten the defending champions on the road and are on the precipice of forcing Game 7 at the Garden.

spacer.png

Archived