The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Tonight's game and the series ended on the 5 on 3 PP, you can see the Devils dissolve after that. They have been wretched on the PP all series and almost looked shorthanded when up a man. When you get a 5 on 3 and a 4 min double minor you must cash in at least once. That was the end. The Kings have played real good and the Devils had their chances, it was a great run I just hope they re-sign Zach so they can have a shot for more runs in the next few years.

And Johan Santana and the fact the Devils have won three cups takes the sting off this quite a bit.

If they go down in a sweep at least I will get $325 dollars back.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday will be 5 years TO THE DAY that the Ducks won their Stanley Cup on June 6, 2007. Not only will the 5-year grace period end, but with a Kings Cup? Oh God... I know I at the very least would never be able to celebrate or remember that date the same way ever again.

And the more freaky part was that June 6th in 2007 fell on a Wednesday. Eerie, huh?

Well...at least you're not a Sharks fan right now. <_<

Wednesday will be 5 years TO THE DAY that the Ducks won their Stanley Cup on June 6, 2007. Not only will the 5-year grace period end, but with a Kings Cup? Oh God... I know I at the very least would never be able to celebrate or remember that date the same way ever again.

And the more freaky part was that June 6th in 2007 fell on a Wednesday. Eerie, huh?

OH GOD.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Terry Murray failed to motivate a team, that really had I guess in a way character issues.

All you needed was a farm boy from Viking, Alberta to change everything. That roster was always there. Get used to it NHL. The Kings aren't going anywhere for quite sometime.

It had nothing to do with Terry Murray motivating them. It had to do with the adjustments that Darryl Sutter made. The biggest adjustments was the fact that they weren't falling back into the defensive zone and standing up at the blue line and the other was that they are bringing two men and possibly three when forchecking. Under Murray it was only one. That makes a huge difference in putting pressure on the opposition. By the way, here's what a Stanley Cup victory looks like for those of you at home.

win.jpg

Jonathan Quick may be having the best playoffs of any goalie in modern history. Also if they finish this 16-2 they are doing what the '88 Oilers did!

Keep in mind the 76 Canadiens went 12-1, and if there had been 4 rounds would have likely gone 16-1. (Although we'll never know)

SO don't forget the 12-1 record.

Although 16-2 is nothing to sneeze at either.

Also the Kings are the second team (After the Flames in 2004) to defeat the three division winners in their conference on the way to the finals.

Both those teams were coached by the same guy...

Although the Flames played a 4th division winner--the Lightning.

But overall great job by the Kings so far.

Now the just need to finish the job.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Los Angeles had never lead a series 3-0 in their 44 years of existence prior to 2012.

They've now done it four times this post-season.

Spectacular. LA's got this. The NHL season will end on Wednesday night at Staples.

The Kings are also the first team in the NHL's history to win the first three games of all four rounds.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

This Kings team, & in particular Jonathan Quick, are having one of the greatest playoff runs in history, made all the more unbelievable by the fact they've come in as an EIGHT seed who lost more games than they won, finished 29th in the league in scoring and had to come through three division winners, all on the road, to even make the Finals :blink:

Considering quite a few people had them pegged for a finals-berth type season at the beginning of the year, the big question in my mind is where in blue :censored: where there offense for the entire regular season?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

This is probably the first Cup Final that I've been impartial to. My only problem with a LA sweep is that I'd prefer to see this series end in a hard-fought game 7 or even game 6 as opposed to a quick* and easy game 4.

*Pun not intended

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Might as well get this out of the way now...

njd_golf.png

Well, once the series is over the Kings will begin playing golf as well. Or they will after they sober up, anyways.

They can take the Cup golfing!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived