The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good shot on CBC with a "2 Girls No Cup" shirt and Henrik Sedin standing right in front of it. They stayed on it for a solid 10-15 seconds. :P

Yeah, it's a great insult for a team with a Cup like when the Blackhawks and Bruins used it. For a team without a Cup (like, um, THE KINGS), it makes you look dumb. Look up at the rafters of the building you're sitting in! NOTHING UP THERE! (Or down there, heyooo)

The rafters are empty cause the banners are on the wall at the Staples Center. (bow)

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Good shot on CBC with a "2 Girls No Cup" shirt and Henrik Sedin standing right in front of it. They stayed on it for a solid 10-15 seconds. :P

Yeah, it's a great insult for a team with a Cup like when the Blackhawks and Bruins used it. For a team without a Cup (like, um, THE KINGS), it makes you look dumb. Look up at the rafters of the building you're sitting in! NOTHING UP THERE! (Or down there, heyooo)

I hate to remind you of this, but trying to lay Cup smack down when your team isn't even in the playoffs is a little on the lame side. It makes you sound like a pathetic Raider fan who talks about Commitment to Excellence and all your Super Bowl wins that few people remember. The fact of the matter is this is 2012 and none of the teams have a Cup title yet, so thinking about how many Cups you have in franchise history, will make you history.

I hate to remind you of this, but trying to lay Cup smack down when your team isn't even in the playoffs is a little on the lame side. It makes you sound like a pathetic Raider fan who talks about Commitment to Excellence and all your Super Bowl wins that few people remember. The fact of the matter is this is 2012 and none of the teams have a Cup title yet, so thinking about how many Cups you have in franchise history, will make you history.

Ok, except I didn't mention the Ducks in my post. I was saying it in reference to two teams that are currently in the playoffs and also referencing two other teams that are in the playoffs.

In this instance, it was a fan of one team in the playoffs insulting another team in the playoffs. Neither team has a Cup, therefore, neither teams fan base should (or can) use Cup-based insults. You're right, it does look lame. Especially when the teams in question don't have Cups to lay smack down about.

And as far as the entire reasoning of your post, I love when people say that. "History doesn't mean anything. Nobody has a Cup this year." I love that, because the only people that say that, are teams without history and without titles. It doesn't matter until you have one, I guess.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The Canucks fans on the ESPN boards are a bunch of sore losers. Real classy stuff. Saying simple things like "Quick sucks" and "Van-City is better than LA will ever be." This one is my favorite, " hey Quick u r still a loser in the playoffs .... nice 7-8 record .... and no Stanley Cups...Kings suck ..... nice choke on the division title btw Quick ... great clutch goaltending at the end of the season there"

Quick is reminding me of a younger Giguère. Dominating.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

So Mike Gillis, ready to due over that trade with Buffalo?

Is Gragnani hurt or just a healthy scratch?

He's a scratch. For good reason, he's awful. But yeah, the Canucks could sure have used a guy with the talent to play in the top six like Hodgson right now.

So Mike Gillis, ready to due over that trade with Buffalo?

Is Gragnani hurt or just a healthy scratch?

He's a scratch. For good reason, he's awful. But yeah, the Canucks could sure have used a guy with the talent to play in the top six like Hodgson right now.

Like I kinda understood the reasoning behind it at the time. Now, I think it was stupid to depend on a rookie, making his first playoff appearance to bring a physical tone and contribute, just not yet.

Obviously with the Dank injury, Hodgson's offense would be helpful, but what's Ryan Kesler's excuse?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

They give a good replay at about 0:19 that shows that it is a clean hit.

I'm going to disagree with that one. Watching the replay, he clearly leads with his forearm/elbom. Mind you, he doesn't hit him in the head, so by today's "standards" it's "clean"; but, really, checking isn't supposed to be done with the gloves/forearm/elbow.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

There are definitely more "Anaheim/Ducks suck" chants or Mighty Ducks/Gordon Bombay/Charlie Conway/Goldberg jokes than "Go Kings Go" chants when I've gone to Ducks/Kings games.

When you name your team after a Disney movie, you kind of have to expect this :P

I'm not even going to address the typical flayers fan :censored: that was your last post. Have fun trying to face anyone else with Bryz as your goalie.

save.gif

I don't trust him at all. Thank God the offense is bailing his a** out.

qPExw.gif

awwww...MAF couldn't stop Voracek's glove either... ^_^

And you wonder why your fanbase has the reputation it does...

Enjoy the victory the pens handed to you. Easy to win a series when the other team collapses. We'll see you guys talk when you have to actually defeat someone. And look at how many goals Bryzgalov gave up even with a defense in front of him. If you think that's gonna fly in the playoffs, you are sadly mistaken.

This is another chapter in the rivalry, and nothing more.

I don't really care about this series, as I've watched all of 3 Flyers games all year, but I happened to catch the 3rd period of yesterday's game, and if you can honestly come on here and not recognize what a disgrace Sidney Crosby is to himself, his team, his fans, and frankly even his family, then you are beyond having any discussions with about any topic at all.

I had heard about all the cheap shots and stuff like that but hadn't actually seen for myself until yesterday. The Penguins were the little kids who knew they were losing so just went after people, and Crosby, with his pushing of the glove, slaps to the backs of people's heads (then ducking behind teammates), pulling Hartnell back, etc., actually made me legitimately angry (and I'm not someone who gets riled up over sports.) I've never seen behavior like that from a "star" player, let alone one of the faces of the league. Utter disgrace. If you can honestly defend him or any of the actions that any of his teammates did yesterday, then you should just take a break from the boards for a while because you'll have proven beyond any shadow of a doubt how blind you are to the reality that exists outside of your little black and gold box.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The postgame stuff from Crosby was great too.

"I don't like any of their players. Not one of them."

"Why did you push Voracek's glove away?"

"Because I don't like him. What else did you want me to do there?"

"Well, you could have just skated away..."

"Skated away? Yeah....well...I didn't..."

Whiny crybaby bullsh**. Stop acting like you're 8 and not getting your own way...

The postgame stuff from Crosby was great too.

"I don't like any of their players. Not one of them."

"Why did you push Voracek's glove away?"

"Because I don't like him. What else did you want me to do there?"

"Well, you could have just skated away..."

"Skated away? Yeah....well...I didn't..."

Whiny crybaby bullsh**. Stop acting like you're 8 and not getting your own way...

What do you want him to say? Oh yeah those Flyers their great, I love them all. It's playoff hockey, you're supposed to hate the other team.

1zqy8ok.gif

Just admit that your team hasn't played up to expectations and the opponent is taking advantage of mistakes....the usual athlete cliche stuff. Instead he acts like a spoiled brat, whining about the Flyers retaliating for things HE STARTED! When your captain, alt captain and goalie have no answers on how to solve things, your team is in trouble.

Archived