The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

I think Roberto Luongo can put his house on the market his days in Vancouver are most certainly numbered, he would be a good pick up for somebody, but I think Cory Schneider is now the #1 Goalie for the Canucks.

I don't know. I mean, Luongo's a $5.33M cap hit through 2022, with a reputation for postseason fragility that seems to only grow each season. What franchise in their right mind would want to take on such a high-risk financial burden that could potentially...

021812-goalies-400.jpg

Oh, right.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luongo will probably be amnestied away. Once that happens, he can rebuild his legacy someplace where he can feel at home and there's zero pressure from fans, media, and a backup. Oh crap, this is the Florida Panthers!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I seriously wish teams could/would turn down penalty shots for an actual power play. There's nothing that kills momentum of a team than a missed penalty shot.

I don't know why anybody would do that... a penalty shot is basically a 50/50 chance... and power plays only work 15-20% of the time.

Now I really, really, really, really hope this team leaves for...any :censored:ing city. :censored: this team and :censored: those fans for cheering the injury of an opposing player.

One of the first baseball games I ever went to with my dad - I think I was 8 or 9, the M's were playing the A's in the Kingdome, and the A's were up by a few runs. One of the A's got injured and went down, and I cheered. My dad told me every day (and still does when we talk on the phone) that he loved me and was proud of me. But I'll always remember the only time he ever told me I embarassed him.

I just lost the last shred of respect I had for the Phoenix Coyotes and their handful of spiteful fans (I know a good portion of the Canucks fans don't leave me much of a moral high ground in this regard but reading the Coyote fan reactions really made me sick)

nhl94vansigpng.png

Luongo will probably be amnestied away. Once that happens, he can rebuild his legacy someplace where he can feel at home and there's zero pressure from fans, media, and a backup. Oh crap, this is the Florida Panthers!

IN CASE OF SALARY

CAP EMERGENCY

BREAK GLASS

rsz_luongo.jpg

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, that Kings/Canucks game was thoroughly disappointing. I guess the riot will just be rescheduled to Sunday night.

It's not going to happen in the first round, were not the Montreal Canadiens :P

Montreal only riots when they win.

even worse

I hated :cursing: the way NBC Sports Network showed the CBC feed of the Kings-Nucks game tonight, rather than do their own production. Does NBC hate west-coast hockey that much?

At least you got the Canadian national broadcast instead of a local Vancouver feed. Being an out of market Blues fan, I've been stuck with the Sharks feed because NBC picks up their local Comcast affiliate for it. They did the same thing for some of the Blackhawks-Coyotes games with the Chicago CSN.

It does seem to be West Coast home games that get this treatment. Perhaps the "late" (relative, of course) start factors in.

I hated :cursing: the way NBC Sports Network showed the CBC feed of the Kings-Nucks game tonight, rather than do their own production. Does NBC hate west-coast hockey that much?

At least you got the Canadian national broadcast instead of a local Vancouver feed. Being an out of market Blues fan, I've been stuck with the Sharks feed because NBC picks up their local Comcast affiliate for it. They did the same thing for some of the Blackhawks-Coyotes games with the Chicago CSN.

It does seem to be West Coast home games that get this treatment. Perhaps the "late" (relative, of course) start factors in.

That's one factor. Another is the fact that there are 8 series going on right now, and they're not sending production crews/commentators all over the continent. Why should NBC send their own crew to LA or Vancouver when they can just use the CBC feed? When we're down to 4 series they can manage their resources a little better.

To our neighbors to the north: have any of the Canadian networks simulcast an NBC feed, where they have some sort of agreement? :flagcanada:

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Ottawa is a dangerous team just because they are a nothing-to-lose team with a goaltender who is red hot right now. Hell, Ottawa in general is a very hot-and-cold team, something that New York sports fans should have some recent familiarity with.

When push comes to shove, I think Hank and crew will be too much, but I thought Ottawa had a much better shot of giving the Rangers trouble than they did the Bruins. And, for Torts, it seems like he too has a hard time coaching a team past the Sens. I say this since when Torts won the Cup, the only team that the Lightning had no chance of beating were those Ottawa Senators, too. He knows this stuff too well.

Ottawa this year has been interesting because they're one of those rare puck position teams with a ton of character guys in the line up. I think New York has a lot more depth at both the forward & defence position, but I feel that Torterella has been outcoached pretty badly so far in this series. MacLean just seems to use the very few resources he has a lot better than Tortorella has so far. New York has been trying to outgun Ottawa throughout most of the series and that simply hasn't been working for them. If Anderson can hold up the fort and if Alfredsson ever comes back, things could get pretty difficult for the Rangers.

In any case, if this series ever comes down to a game 7, it'll probably be a coin flip between Anderson & Lundqvist.

thecatch.jpg

Gary Bettman deserves all the criticism he gets, but it's kinda cool he does his own TV/radio show. Takes his rating on a 1-10 scale up to like a 2.4.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

To our neighbors to the north: have any of the Canadian networks simulcast an NBC feed, where they have some sort of agreement? :flagcanada:

I know they are at least doing their own CHI-PHX series (they used the TSN feed in the Shanahan video). I think THEY may put their resources all over or almost all over.

I know they are at least doing their own CHI-PHX series (they used the TSN feed in the Shanahan video). I think THEY may put their resources all over or almost all over.

And there in-lies an important difference. TSN and CBC split the coverage between the Canadian series' and the American series'. NBC is shouldering all of the coverage in the states. I don't mind NBC using CBC's coverage since the CBC tends to have quality coverage, and they are prepared like national broadcasts (well, because they are national). CSN Bay Area or CSN Chicago? Not so much.

spacer.png

They send you in to go goon-on-goon, and you forget to tie your jersey down. That's So BizNasty!

Archived