The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Nashville has a :censored:ing force field across their goal line.

Are you kidding me? With the commish in the house the game was won by the refs. Raping the game for both teams, I've never seen so many penalties. The Preds got some lucky shots that managed to make it in the net. They should hope Gary is there for the rest of the series, because they barily won this game.

I agree completely. What the Pens and Flyers had tonight was real playoff hockey and not that carnival sideshow crap and it pisses me off. Add onto it Nashville's luck and Detroit's lack of it and I'm sick to stomach.

Preds win! And as the buzzer sounds, Weber grabbed Zetterberg by the back of the head and shoved him into the dasher. Interesting to see if anything comes out of that.

weber.gif

Looks like some WWE turnbuckle action here

1 game into the playoffs, the Wings had 3 less penalties than Nashville and Detroit had 11 more shots than the Predators and people are already crying about the refs.

Apparently mister anti-red wings liked this game. Which makes sense.

Has nothing to do with hating the wings or liking the game.

The Predators had more penalties.

The Predators had more penalties in the 3rd period by far

The Wings out shot the Predators by 11 for the game

The Wings out shot the Predators 32-13 in the 2nd & 3rd periods...

...maybe, just maybe... its not the refs fault.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

1 game into the playoffs, the Wings had 3 less penalties than Nashville and Detroit had 11 more shots than the Predators and people are already crying about the refs.

Yes, because OBVIOUSLY you can tell so much of a hockey game from the box score Dan.

Yes, because OBVIOUSLY you can tell so much of a hockey game from the box score Dan.

The box doesn't tell everything, but it provides a great deal of perspective.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Preds win! And as the buzzer sounds, Weber grabbed Zetterberg by the back of the head and shoved him into the dasher. Interesting to see if anything comes out of that.

weber.gif

Looks like some WWE turnbuckle action here

It's now my avatar.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

After fuming for a while now, it's probably better the pens lost this way. There's a reason the series is best-of-seven.

As long as they come out Friday, have a solid full 60-minute effort, and win, all will be well.

oBIgzrL.png

Come on. It's not only that the officiating was bad against the Wings, it was bad, period. Who wants to watch a hockey game with 20 power plays? A box score doesn't show that the game had no flow or the importance of getting the first goal against a neutral zone leeching team like Nashville.

If anything, the box score shows that the Wings should have won this game and didn't.

Come on. It's not only that it was bad against the Wings, it was bad, period. Who wants to watch a hockey game with 20 power plays? A box score doesn't show that the game had no flow or the importance of getting the first goal against a neutral zone leeching team like Nashville.

If anything, the box score shows that the Wings should have won this game and didn't.

The bolded portion sounds like a Wings issue and not a Refs issue

If I had wrote this instead:

The Predators Wings had more penalties.

The Predators Wings had more penalties in the 3rd period by far

The Wings Leafs out shot the Predators Wings by 11 for the game

The Wings Leafs out shot the Predators Wings 32-13 in the 2nd & 3rd periods...

and the Leafs lost...

I'd be more upset and frustrated with the Leafs than the Refs.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

After fuming for a while now, it's probably better the pens lost this way. There's a reason the series is best-of-seven.

As long as they come out Friday, have a solid full 60-minute effort, and win, all will be well.

Absolutely. Playing like ass for 40 plus minutes has consequences, if they had managed to eek out a win then the likelihood of this happening again is all the greater. This can get in the Pens heads, if they get another multi-goal lead in this series and the Flyers respond with one, maybe it will spark them to come out with a response of their own.

Teams may pick up points in the regular season after coasting the balance of a game out every once in a while, but it doesnt fly after game 82. Now that the Pens have managed to prove that, work on not doing it again.

Come on. It's not only that it was bad against the Wings, it was bad, period. Who wants to watch a hockey game with 20 power plays? A box score doesn't show that the game had no flow or the importance of getting the first goal against a neutral zone leeching team like Nashville.

It's a lot easier to do those things when you aren't shorthanded 6 times in the first 30 minutes.

Remember, you were the one who was trying to take the emphasis off the refs by using the box score. I'm angry about the result, but I can't blame the refs for the loss any more than I can blame the Wings' bad luck or the Preds' good bounces. That doesn't mean I can't call a spade a spade. The officiating was terrible tonight. The end.

It's a lot easier to do those things when you aren't shorthanded 6 times in the first 30 minutes.

Remember, you were the one who was trying to take the emphasis off the refs by using the box score. I'm angry about the result, but I can't blame the refs for the loss any more than I can blame the Wings' bad luck or the Preds' good bounces. That doesn't mean I can't call a spade a spade. The officiating was terrible tonight. The end.

If the officiating was bad both ways wouldn't that be a wash?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Is anyone else bothered that NBC still uses purple for the Kings' background on the scorebug and graphics? (Considering the only purple anywhere for the Kings anymore is the small bit on their "third" jersey and the occasional time they wear their vintage)

And speaking of LA, wow, look at that! They scored a goal. "How'd (they) do that? I'm not even mad. That's amazing." (Except I'm actually slightly ticked. Anyway.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If the officiating was bad both ways wouldn't that be a wash?

Well, if you view it that calling a bad penalty for one team and then calling a bad penalty for the other team "washes out" the first one instead of viewing it as now two bad penalties... then yes, you could then view it as a wash.

They interviewed Babcock during the game and he sarcastically said (paraphrasing on my part here) "We have the two least penalized teams in the league here and they're calling penalties left and right but, you know, the referees are also trying to make it to the Finals too"...

Edit: Also, welcome to Suspensionville Mr. Weber...Population You

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Is anyone else bothered that NBC still uses purple for the Kings' background on the scorebug and graphics? (Considering the only purple anywhere for the Kings anymore is the small bit on their "third" jersey and the occasional time they wear their vintage)

NHL Network has been using purple for the Kings all season, too. Probably because the graphics are primarily black, and silver isn't effective as a secondary color behind the white text. While that's the logical reason, I hope it's the league trying to send a subtle message to the Kings that they look better in purple, so freaking wear it again already and do it right.

Oh, and if we're running a Shanaban pool on Weber (and we should), put me down for one game. God, playoff hockey is so much fun. I really wish I didn't work a 3-10pm shift.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived