The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

As a fan of a former Southern hockey fan, I'll be cheering for a Washington-Florida and Phoenix-Nashville conference finals. Can it happen? Maybe. I sure want it to. Just to watch Canada :censored: themselves similar to how BigBubba is now.

No, it can't. If Phoenix advances they'll play Nashville in the second round, not the Conference Finals.

If you're going to play the NASCAR Division Solidarity card to stick it to those EVVVILLL Canadians (the same nationality that would be making up the bulk of all of those sunbelt teams, by the way) then at least pay attention to the actual tournament.

Oh, go Jets.

Vancouver beats LA, Phoenix plays St. Louis. Still possible chief. In the future, please pay attention to the actual tournament Ice Cap!

Yeah, Vancouver's not winning. Bro.

Hah, I'd imagine now you're really hoping.

But for real, can I get tomorrow's winning lottery numbers Boss?

Ok, you've really stretched it if you don't think it's extremely likely that the Canucks lose this series. At this point you're just being stubborn for the sake of it.

Huh, I'm stubborn. Some kid says he wants to see a Nashville v. Phoenix Western Conference Finals. You adamently say that that is impossible. Not unlikely, Impossible! Once it is proven to be possible, you rebuttle it by just saying that nope it won't happen. And since Ice Cap thinks it won't happen, impossible.

And I meant you're really hoping Vancouver loses now, as in after this back and forth banter. Because I think you know how much of a jackass you'll look like if they come back. Therefore, i'd imagine now you're REALLY hoping the Kings don't blow it, Big Guy.

Oh wow, you got me :rolleyes:

If the Canucks do come and win this series then it'll amount to a prediction I made having been proven wrong. Ok. So what? Just check out my overall record in the weekly NFL pick 'em threads. This wouldn't be the first time a prediction I've made has been proven wrong.

You really need to get out of the house more if you think I live and die by the rare predictions I do make in NHL post season threads on the CCSLC. If the Canucks come back and win this series I'll just say "I was wrong, oh well" and get on with my life. I won't be lamenting "oh I was proven wrong by DC in Da House w/o a Doubt on the internet, woe is me!" Sorry to disappoint.

Also, work on your grammar.

Outstanding, glad to hear you won't be too devastated. But for real if you wanna send me those winning lottery numbers for tomorrow before you go back to playing with your Transformer dolls, that'd be great. I understand if you gotta send it in a personal message or something. Can't have everyone winning the lottery, am I right?! Lol!

Out of witty poorly constructed jokes already, so you have to resort to personal attacks and recycled material already?

Just quit now.

Get off your high horse bro, the only one resorting to personal attacks is you.. You just got cold feet and edited it. You called me a jackass straight up, alright that's fine. I don't mind. But it is a personal attack.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ice Cap, I knew that they could only play in the conference finals if Vancouver won, hence the "maybe" part. I have no problems with "EVUL" Canadians. I just think some people, not many people here, but still some people think that every town over 50k in Canada should have an NHL team as opposed to any city that's south of the Mason Dixon. I'd just like to see their excuses and reactions. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fair enough, and thanks for a reasonable response to my, admittedly hostile, post.

Thing is, I don't think anyone beyond the truly delirious thinks every small and medium sized town in Canada should have a NHL team. Years ago people were floating the idea of a NHL team here in London, Ontario and I couldn't help but laugh. Same with the proposals for a second Toronto, a team in Saskatoon, and a team in my home region of Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge. All ludicrous. I previously pushed for a team in Hamilton, and while I do think it could be viable, it's just not going to happen with MLSE around. So add that to the ludicrous list. The only Canadian city that doesn't have a team that should, I think, is Quebec City. And I'm not advocating moving the Coyotes because they're south of the Mason Dixon line. I'm advocating they move because everything about that franchise is a mess, and I honestly don't think the situation is salvageable in their current location.

I don't have a problem with southern teams if they can make it work. They don't have to draw Original Six levels of fan support, but if they can carve out a stable niche that keep the cash and fans coming in, then the league's ultimately better off for it. If a southern team is making it work, then that's fantastic.

Honestly, a lot of the sports writers up here who advocate the "move every southern team to Canada or Seattle" schlock just do so to generate debate/discussion on a slow news day. Things have been quiet for a few days? People aren't posting comments? Just write another article about why the Dallas Stars should relocate to Moose Jaw. That'll get the hit points back up.

Get off your high horse bro, the only one resorting to personal attacks is you.. You just got cold feet and edited it. You called me a jackass straight up, alright that's fine. I don't mind. But it is a personal attack.

I did. Though I didn't edit it because of "cold feet." I edited it because, to be perfectly honest, it was a knee-jerk reaction. And those types of reactions aren't the best ones to put forward. I thought better of it, so I changed it. Call it cold feet if you want.

I'll tell you why I called you that though. You're being overly belligerent over what is a very minor point in all of this, and not only that but you decided to get personal by attacking a hobby of mine. You went beyond just attacking my original post, where you had some real material to work with, and started attacking me personally. That's not cool, and it's what triggered my original knee-jerk reaction.

Thing is, I don't think anyone beyond the truly delirious thinks every small and medium sized town in Canada should have a NHL team. Years ago people were floating the idea of a NHL team here in London, Ontario and I couldn't help but laugh. Same with the proposals for a second Toronto, a team in Saskatoon, and a team in my home region of Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge. All ludicrous. I previously pushed for a team in Hamilton, and while I do think it could be viable, it's just not going to happen with MLSE around. So add that to the ludicrous list. The only Canadian city that doesn't have a team that should, I think, is Quebec City. And I'm not advocating moving the Coyotes because they're south of the Mason Dixon line. I'm advocating they move because everything about that franchise is a mess, and I honestly don't think the situation is salvageable in their current location.

I don't have a problem with southern teams if they can make it work. They don't have to draw Original Six levels of fan support, but if they can carve out a stable niche that keep the cash and fans coming in, then the league's ultimately better off for it. If a southern team is making it work, then that's fantastic.

I'm in 110% agreement with you here. The only team I see potentially relocating right now is Phoenix. I don't even see teams like Tampa, Florida, and Dallas going anywhere right now because they all have stable ownership, something Phoenix lacks.

Schneider stared elimination in the face on that shift and stood his ground.

...and an insane Canuck shift. Intense give and take here, this OT isn't lasting long.

...and it's over. Kings.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Gotta wonder if that's the end of the Luongo era.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived