The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy :censored: . So this is what it feels like to win a series. Vancouver, Detroit and San José all out of the playoffs and the Kings moving on. Wow.

991bd54c.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Meh. Vancouver to me is a lot like the Miami Heat. Made themselves out to look like villains and after losing big time, a part of me just doesn't care anymore and has forgiven them. Just another team.

That said, watch out for the Kings folks

Midway.png

Holy :censored: . So this is what it feels like to win a series. Vancouver, Detroit and San José all out of the playoffs and the Kings moving on. Wow.

991bd54c.jpg

Easy, tiger! L.A. still has three round to go. :lol:

6uXNWAo.png

Popping out the sparkling cider for a first round series victory? Whatever gets your kicks, Kings fans.

---

St. Louis, do me a solid and knock the Kings out. Please and thank you.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Popping out the sparkling cider for a first round series victory? Whatever gets your kicks, Kings fans.

---

St. Louis, do me a solid and knock the Kings out. Please and thank you.

No one found it funny that it's sparking cider and not champagne? Sheesh, give the guy a break.

...but, I do hope the Blues will take care of that. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So I grabbed my radio and nudged my way through the AM dial until I found a station carrying the game - I think it might have been WBZ in Boston, of all places. Even on radio, it was great to experience.

Your radio in Chicago got stations from Boston?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So I grabbed my radio and nudged my way through the AM dial until I found a station carrying the game - I think it might have been WBZ in Boston, of all places. Even on radio, it was great to experience.

Your radio in Chicago got stations from Boston?

At night, AM signals' range expand significantly due to a lack of solar interference, or something equally sciencey-sounding. Four AM stations in Chicago - 670, 720, 780, and 890 - operate at 50,000 watts with next to no overlap of their frequencies (thus their designation as "clear-channel" stations), and can spread out pretty much anywhere east of the Rockies and into southern Canada at night. An AM radio with a decent antenna and a non-digital tuning knob can pick up some faraway things - I know one night, I found myself listening to Thunder Bay, ON.

Of course, now that I have over 30,000 worldwide radio stations a fingertip away, on a phone smaller than an AM transistor radio, all of that seems downright antique. But such were the facilities available to me at the time.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Did the Canucks losing really surprise anyone? We all knew they were frauds with no soul.

Didn't surprise me one bit. One thing is for sure, when im 90 and on my deathbed the Canucks still won't have a championship...

Did the Canucks losing really surprise anyone? We all knew they were frauds with no soul.

Didn't surprise me one bit. One thing is for sure, when im 90 and on my deathbed the Canucks still won't have a championship...

You seem to have the Canucks confused with the Cubs.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Bye, Vancouver!

So, where does Luongo go? Tampa?

No. Stevie has too much common sense to take that retarded contract.

"Stevie" thought he was good to go this past season with Dwayne Roloson in net. Him picking up Luongo wouldn't surprise me.

Sadly, Burke picking him up wouldn't either....

Dear "Keith" from Chicago who called into 1040 TEAM Radio and said some trollish comments then blasted Chelsea Dagger until they cut him off, you're awesome.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Heck, I kind of think the rats in Sunrise are cool. Then again the 1996 Cup Finals are one of the earliest Cup Finals I remember watching, so maybe it's just nostalgia, but whatever.

I dig the rats, too. Hopefully they start reminding fans at the arena to hold onto them until game's end, because it was obvious in the last game that many in the crowd aren't aware of the bench minor rule that's been instituted since the last Year of the Rat.

Oddly, that Colorado/Florida Final holds one of my first concrete hockey memories, too. Growing up in Chicago in a home without cable, I never got to watch hockey outside of highlights on the local news until the Fox deal in '95. Once that came about, and I started going to Wolves games, it quickly became my favorite sport. Game 4 of the '96 Final was on ESPN, so I couldn't see it, but I saw on the news that it was headed to overtime. So I grabbed my radio and nudged my way through the AM dial until I found a station carrying the game - I think it might have been WBZ in Boston, of all places. Even on radio, it was great to experience.

I can remember watching the 1993 Cup Finals, my dad being a huge Canadiens fan, but I can't actually remember anything about the series other then the act of watching it.

I just remember sitting on the couch with my parents in 1996, watching game one on CBC and asking my dad who we wanted to win. He said "Florida" because he was still pissed at Roy for leaving the Habs, so being nine years old at the time I went along with it. That, and those rats were really cool.

I fell asleep during game four, and woke up eager to know who won, convinced the answer would be Florida.

Dear "Keith" from Chicago who called into 1040 TEAM Radio and said some trollish comments then blasted Chelsea Dagger until they cut him off, you're awesome.

(**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

The Chicago-Vancouver rivalry is easily the most hilarious one. Hawks fans are pretty funny.

Archived