The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling confident heading into Game 7. Here we go, Bruins!

we're heading to overtime. Unfortunately, I don't feel confident about this.

Ahh, Boston fans... Always flip-flopping. :rolleyes:

That was said before the game. As in before they came out flat and had shades of January-February 2010.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Let's not jump on bandwagons until it's all said and done, boys. Besides, the Red Sox will need all the support they can get!

By the way, hope everyone is excited about a fluke goal either way winning this game.

what the hell is ccslc?

The Capitals wanted it about 200% more than the Bruins did. However, I see this as a good thing for the Bruins. It's a fantastic reality check for guys like Seguin, Marchand, and other young players.

Good luck, Caps. One hell of a series.

what the hell is ccslc?

Predwagoning. Go Rinne!

Because my team was embroiled in a tight, 1-0 Game 7 simultaneous last year, I didn't get to enjoy the epic Game 7 and OT between Boston and Montreal. Hopefully, this one makes up for it.

OT winners:

Caps - Semin

Bruins - Marchand

Neither.

Prediction: Goal is scored off of a turnover.

Are you a seer?

spacer.png

Bruins had won three straight Game 7's, while the Caps had lost three of four.

I guess something had to give. The only downside for the NHL is that the team that was statistically the best in the NHL this season won't be playing any more games until October. Washington underachieved all season and were absolutely threats to do damage in this series, but realistically the Bruins should've won, and it's a little jarring to believe a team with their championship pedigree lost three of the four games at TD Garden in this series. After losing their first two home games in 2011, they went 10-1 in their home building en route to the Cup.

And now, it becomes even more possible for the East to follow what happened in the West back in 2006, with the 5-8 seeds all advancing.

spacer.png

Some Bruins fans are bitching about goalie interference on the winner. It kinda-sorta looked like Knuble was in the crease. I really don't care. Go Sox. Go Preds. Go Celtics.

I'm interested to see what kind of golf logo people will come up with for the Bruins. The spokes replaced with clubs, perhaps? Maybe the alternate logo with the bear replaced with a golf bag?

spacer.png

So, so proud of this team. This team has heart and they stick to the game plan. Feels good to be a Caps fan for once. On to the next round!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Here's an interesting pattern:

Stanley Cup Champions:

2008: Detroit Red Wings

2009: Pittsburgh Penguins

2010: Chicago Blackhawks

2011: Boston Bruins

2012 Playoffs:

April 20: Detroit ousted by Nashville

April 22: Pittsburgh ousted by Philadelphia

April 23: Chicago ousted by Phoenix

April 25: Boston ousted by Washington

Updated! Go Caps Go! :hockeysmiley:

Some Bruins fans are bitching about goalie interference on the winner. It kinda-sorta looked like Knuble was in the crease. I really don't care. Go Sox. Go Preds. Go Celtics.

I'm interested to see what kind of golf logo people will come up with for the Bruins. The spokes replaced with clubs, perhaps? Maybe the alternate logo with the bear replaced with a golf bag?

It looked to me like goalie interference. Thomas got pushed back in the crease and this directly affected the attempted save.

Archived