Favorite MLB ballparks

ltjets21

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anybody go to Dr. Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, TX? It looks awesome.

friscotx001.jpg.w560h375.jpg

photo1201451344.jpg

I have and its's great how they made the sky boxes look like they are on the second floor of homes. The place is set up great. Also if you want to save a buck, you can sneak buck hot dogs from the IKEA across the street.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

I've been to more Minor League Stadiums than Professional, but of the four I have been to:

1A.) Jacob's Field

1B.) PETCO Park

2.) Comerica Park

3.) Progressive Field

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Camden Yards is unique? To me it looks just like Citizens Bank Park in Philly and Coors Field in Denver with minor details differing.

Just a minor detail like a GIANT warehouse behind the outfield. It was very unique when it was built. Any parks resembling it are due to complete imitation.

No doubt it was trend setting when it was built, but its not unique anymore. I love the park and it is beautiful but its just not unique anymore.

Who cares, it's the original retro ballpark. It's the model of EVERY stadium since then save the New Yankee Stadium. Go to the stadium before making a judgment about it. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

You forgot Marlins Park, every stadium except Yankee and Marlins park.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I've been to more Minor League Stadiums than Professional, but of the four I have been to:

1A.) Jacob's Field

1B.) PETCO Park

2.) Comerica Park

3.) Progressive Field

Jacob's Field IS Progressive Field.

No... No it's not.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

1A.) Jacob's Field

1B.) PETCO Park

2.) Comerica Park

3.) Progressive Field

No... No it's not.

Um, yes, yes it is.

1A.) Jacob's Field

1B.) PETCO Park

2.) Comerica Park

3.) Progressive Field

No... No it's not.

Is there a Cleveland joke I'm missing here...The Indians are the only Cleveland team I don't root for

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

1A.) Jacob's Field

1B.) PETCO Park

2.) Comerica Park

3.) Progressive Field

No... No it's not.

Um, yes, yes it is.

no, it isn't and if i can let me use a nascar analogy if it makes sense.

jacobs field:progressive field::sears point raceway:infineon raceway

they may be the same structure but enough changes have been made to completely change the feel of the place.

Been to around 100 minor league parks, so I'll just keep it to the majors

Ones I've attended a game in:

1. AT&T Park: The biggest wow factor ever when setting foot into a ballpark for the first time. Awesome view of the bay, several public transportation options, great food, and good view of the game.

2. Busch II: They really made this a nice ballpark with the late 90s renovations. It was a shame it couldn't have stuck around a little longer. The manual scoreboard, grass, and arched roof were a nice combination.

3. Kauffman: I was worried about how the renovation would change the character of this park, but I think the upgrades turned out great. It's a little busy in the outfield, but still a beautiful park.

4. Busch III: It's a nice park with a great view. I wish it wasn't so close to the highway though. It looks a bit out of place with part of the footprint of the old park still not developed into Ballpark Village. I would have built it right on the site of Busch II and played a season at the Ed Jones Dome (I know, crazy).

5. Great American: Underrated in my opinion. Not the fanciest of parks, but lots of decorations of reds history (famous quotes, hall of fame on site, Crosley Terrace, championship newspaper murals). It would be better if the upper deck had an open concourse all the way around. Also, buying tickets day-of game is always a long wait here.

6. Progressive Field: nice park, but has a huge feel to it; upper deck is really high

7. old Yankee Stadium: enjoyed Monument Park and the atmosphere, but legroom was really tight and moving around the park was quite difficult

tie 8th: Metrodome/Tropicana Field: Yes their domes, but I enjoyed them because they are something different. As a frequent minor league park visitor, I can say that many of the minor league parks are becoming copies of each other. It's nice to see something break the mold, even if they are odd. And it was really cool hearing thunder inside the Metrodome and the speakers sway on the roof. An usher assured me that was by design.

10. Wrigley: overrated in my opinion, but it's not the parks fault but rather the fact that it's turned into a nostalgic tourist attraction and a bar that also has a baseball game going on

11. Cinergy Field: wasn't a bad view when they took out the outfield to build Great American, but it was crumbling by time I saw it; the different colors of the decks were strange considering they were home to the Reds (only the upper deck had red seats)

tie 12th: old Shea/RFK: not many good things to say about either of these places;

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I've been to 3 ballparks in my life---

1. Marlins Park - Beautiful, excellent food, great views from everywhere. Makes me very proud it's finally built and on such a historical piece of land.

2. Shea Stadium- yes it was a dump and the food sucked, but it was great to watch a game there and feel what my grandpa felt in 69, 86 and 00 when it was jumping.

666. Dolphins Stadium, Joe Robbie, Sunlife, Pro Player. This place was :censored:. Run by the Dolphins, occupied by the Marlins and you knew it. Parking was $20, concessions were horrible and way over priced, different prices at souvenier stands depending on who owned them (Marlins little pop up stands, Dolphins the big ones). Hot, Humid, and very sticky to try to enjoy a game, even while looking straight out at CF and needing to crank your neck to the SP and Batter.

Who else has been to Marlins Park- your thoughts?

Marlins Park is nice, not as much of a "mallpark" like Chase Field, but I still like Chase Field better. There is a toss up between Miller Park and Marlins Park, they are very similar in atmosphere. I probably favor Marlins Park more. It is smaller, better location (even though it took like 2 hours to get a cab after the game), and better seats and sight lines. I wish the food was more accessible like Citi Field in which all the major concessions are located in the outfield. I was trying to get to the Taste Of Miami out at the ballpark but I didn't feel like going on more of an adventure.

About Shea Stadium and food, there was one gem in that ballpark that made it across the lot to Citi Field. Mama's Of Corona, it was and probably is one of the best sandwiches you can get at a ballpark. So good.

The culture promoted by Dick Jacobs' Jacob's Field compared to the Dolan Family's Progressive Field is enough to speak for itself.

I haven't been to many:

1. Target Field - Not the greatest in the majors, but certainly near the top.

2. Wrigley Field - Mostly for the historical value. Was a bit dumpy in parts, but 17 year old me loved the charm.

3. Kauffman - Very solid, underrated. Was before the remodel.

4. Angel Stadium - Didn't know much about it before I went, was impressed. It was pretty solid.

5. Metrodome - ehhh.

Hoping to check off Comerica in Detroit this summer.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Of ones I've been to it goes like this

1. Jacobs Field- they let you in very early to walk around the park and to watch batting practice, the little hall of fame is pretty neat too.

2. US Cellular- Homer pick as I'm a Sox fan but I have sat in all areas of the park and haven't had a bad view. Old shower and statues in Center are pretty cool to check out too.

3. Target Field- I went there in 2010 and it's a nice ballpark but I was expecting something more with it. People here in ND really hyped it up and it was no better than The Cell.

4. Safeco- This park had a feeling of being just outdated. The walkways are huge there, which is another perk of US Cellular that I like that Target Field doesn't. They have a really nice fanshop there too.

5. Metrodome- nothing that hasn't been said already

I plan on going to Miller Park, Comerica, and Kaufmann this summer.

I've only been to a few parks but I'll throw my rankings out there.

1. Kauffman - Classic but perfect. No other stadium is designed like it. And I went before renovation, I can't imagine how nice it is now. Fans are friendly and everytbing about the park give you an awesome baseball experience. One downside, worst hot dogs I've had at any park at any level.

2. Target Field - My new hometown park. Beautiful stadium with not a bad seat in the house. Best food out of any park I've been to. No tailgating is made up for with the Target Plaza outside the park and great pregame bars surrounding the stadium.

3. Wrigley Field - Classic stadium, great atmosphere and a lot of fun. But we're talking stadiums and history only can do so much. The stadium appeared to be crumbling everywhere I turned. Fix things up a bit and keep this stadium around another 100 years please.

3. Comerica Park - The ballpark appeared to be in the ghetto. I parked 2 blocks from the stadium and was next to 2 abandoned high rise buildings. So no good pregame atmosphere. Once you are in the game the stadium is classic and beautiful. Nothing makes the stadium really stand out but for some reason I really loved it there.

4. Angel Stadium - I wasn't overly impressed. Basic stadium with beautiful people everywhere. Food was decent, atmosphere wasn't great. The fans didn't seem into the game. The Twins weren't playing so the atmosphere made me lose interest in the game.

5. Progressive Field - Nice park, very cookie cutter. They have some fun on field activities that are different than the rest of the league, but the park seems the same as Comerica and Target, but with less amenities and less character.

6. US Cellular - Big venue. Everything about this place feels big, but not like baseball. It feels like a football atmosphere. Wasn't my cup of tea.

7. Miller Park - Great tailgaiting. Roof, even when open, made the place seem closed off. They closed the roof on a sunday day game with 70 degree weather because Prince Fielder didn't like the shaddows. Which was bull.

I go to PNC and Great American Ballpark this year. Not a lot list so far, but I'll get there.

256dy87.jpg

Here are all the parks I've been to so far:

Memorial Stadium - Baltimore Orioles

Baltimore, MD 1954-1991

Nice hunk of concrete, I miss it. Cal Ripken once described it as a major league park, with a cozy, minor league feel, and I'd have to agree. It was cool how it was smack dab in the middle of a Baltimore neighborhood. I was there for the last game in 1991.

Oriole Park at Camden Yards - Baltimore Orioles

Baltimore, MD 1992

Walking into this place for the first time was like a dream, breathtaking. Truly set the standard. Two or three parks built since have come very close, but nothing has surpassed the bona fide perfection of Camden Yards. The warehouse really makes it. I was there for the very first exhibition game against the Mets in '92 and a couple days later for Opening Day. Can't believe at 20 years old it's the 10th oldest ballpark now!

Veterans Stadium - Philadelphia Phillies

Philadelphia, PA 1971-2003

Typical multi-purpose park, complete with Astro Turf.

Yankee Stadium - New York Yankees

New York, NY 1923-1973 / 1976-2008

Nothing really wowed me about the park itself, but thinking about all that history made up for it. Glad I got the chance to catch a game there before they tore it down.

Coors Field - Colorado Rockies

Denver, CO 1995

My first thought was Camden Clone, which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing. It is a nice place to watch a game. The purple row in the upper deck that marks the mile point is a nice touch.

Chase Field - Arizona Diamondbacks

Phoenix, AZ 1998

Critics say this place reminds them of an airplane hanger, but I think it's fun. Let's face it, you can't have a ballpark out in the desert without a roof, so I think they made the best of it. In hindsight, it would have been cool if they had incorporated more desert colors into this park, kind of how the Dodgers/White Sox did with their Spring Training park in Glendale, AZ, with its rust colored structure and sand colored seats.

Petco Park - San Diego Padres

San Diego, CA 2004

Nothing beats an evening of baseball in Southern California. This park is really nice. That warehouse structure seems just a bit contrived though.

Angel Stadium - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Anaheim, CA 1966

More of that SoCo baseball. I wasn't too impressed with this place though. Just an old, multi-sport cookie cutter that they've tried to update with giant baseball caps at the entrance, and a Disney-like waterfall feature out in center field. What's up with that thing?

Dodger Stadium - Los Angeles Dodgers

Los Angeles, CA 1962

I really loved this place and had a great time, out in the notorious bleacher section no less! Great atmosphere and I love the different pastel colors of the seats. Third oldest stadium. Wow!

Nationals Park - Washington Nationals

Washington, D.C. 2008

Nothing really stood out, but nice park. Got a chance to take in a game with my dad, when I visited home last season.

Fenway Park - Boston Red Sox

Boston, MA 1912

This place had been on my list for years and I finally got a chance to visit last season. Small, cramped, dingy... but I loved it! Just the way it's built into the block, and the surrounding streets are so cool. Nothing beats the history of Fenway.

AT&T Park - San Francisco Giants

San Francisco, CA 2000

Absolutely Beautiful. The view of the bay, the layout, the surrounding area... Not much more I can say that's already been said. This place is about neck and neck with Camden as far as I'm concerned.

O.co Coliseum - Oakland Athletics

Oakland, CA 1968

This place completed my California ballparks. Can't believe the foul territory in this place! I've heard is was nicer before the Raiders moved back. Wish I could have taken in a game back then.

Well, that's it so far. Next on my list are Wrigley (for the history) and the new Marlins ballpark (to see that home run thing in action, in person!) But I hope to eventually make it out to all the MLB parks in the coming years ahead.

I have been to 2 diffrent parks. Oakland Alameda County Coliseum and Kauffman Stadium. I went to the Coliseum 3 times before the eyesore of Mt. Davis (92 and 93 against Cleveland, Detroit and San Fransisco) and will always remember the view in the outfield with the Safeway logo on the scoreboard. I have been making at least 2 trips to KC a year to see Oakland (my team) and Detroit (my Fiancee's team). I never feel uncomfortable at the K for either game. I wear my A's gear with pride during both and the Royals fans are casual about it. During the A's series they do a salute to the KC a's and that always turns into a rather large group of A's fans meeting up in the outfield and just hanging out, even the original KC A's fans root for Oakland....lol.

93-94canucks.jpg

Petco Park - San Diego Padres

San Diego, CA 2004

Nothing beats an evening of baseball in Southern California. This park is really nice. That warehouse structure seems just a bit contrived though.

It's funny you should say that about the warehouse, because it's actually the one part of the park that wasn't contrived at all. It's been there for over 100 years. They built the contrivance around the warehouse (beautiful contrivance as PETCO Park is).

Archived