MLB Uniform Rankings

HolyStroke

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be a rule against these pointless threads that always result with people arguing subjective opinions and post padding. Total waste of bandwidth.

Just curious, what's the point of "post padding" ? (I hope you don't consider this post padding!)

I always thought post padding was making as many posts as possible in order to get the number of posts you made increase.

To answer that with a simple "it is" might be perceived as post padding and therefore should be mentioned within a longer post so as not to come off as simply post padding. Even though it would be the correct answer. But may be to concise to meet the requirements to be out of the realm of post padding. See, now, if a pointless thread like this (which is completely subjective as people are obviously gonna rank their favorite teams and/or uniforms at the top without any regard for actual thought as to which teams truly have great uniforms) had not been created, then we would not be forced to answer this question with the awkwardness of trying to avoid doing that which we are trying to not do.

Ok, yes, that is the correct definition of post padding.

I agree, but wouldn't post padding also be when board members (who shall remain nameless) go on every single thread and say how pointless it is? I mean....it happens A LOT.

Seriously though, why complain about EVERYTHING? Plus, what is the reason for getting so mad over someone post padding? Do you get an award or something for having more posts than anyone else? No you don't. It's just complaining for the sake of complaining. When everything you post is negative and talking about how pointless it is, that is post padding too.

There should be a rule against these pointless threads that always result with people arguing subjective opinions and post padding. Total waste of bandwidth.

Just curious, what's the point of "post padding" ? (I hope you don't consider this post padding!)

I always thought post padding was making as many posts as possible in order to get the number of posts you made increase.

I believe that is a factually correct assessment of what post padding is. However, it doesn't answer my question as to why someone would do it? I inferred from BBTV's brilliant assertion that there was some sort of competitive advantage to padding your posts.

90758391980.gif

You know you're one of my favorite curmudgeons around here but...and I can't believe I'm about to say this...I gotta stick up for the rookies and teeny-boppers on this one. We always have the option of just ignoring the ranking/list threads. It's just as easy to move right past one of these threads (easier actually) as it is to go to the trouble of posting in one.

To be honest, if I thought anyone would actually read it, I'd probably post my own ranking of MLB uniforms. B)

BB52Big.jpg

You know you're one of my favorite curmudgeons around here but...and I can't believe I'm about to say this...I gotta stick up for the rookies and teeny-boppers on this one. We always have the option of just ignoring the ranking/list threads. It's just as easy to move right past one of these threads (easier actually) as it is to go to the trouble of posting in one.

To be honest, if I thought anyone would actually read it, I'd probably post my own ranking of MLB uniforms. B)

Well I believe it could be a legitimate topic, but it's been done a number of times before and a has happened here, it simply comes down to one opinion against another and turns into a flame war based on one's opinion of a team rather than a real "analysis" of the uniforms. I mean I know I'm a Cards fan, but look how low the birds on the bat are ranking? I'm sure it has more to do with their feelings on the team, by even I, as much as I despise the team, would have to rank the Yankees pinstripes as the best. Some here though would then say "they suck cuz they're too plain." It just never seems to work.

Well I believe it could be a legitimate topic, but it's been done a number of times before and a has happened here, it simply comes down to one opinion against another and turns into a flame war based on one's opinion of a team rather than a real "analysis" of the uniforms. I mean I know I'm a Cards fan, but look how low the birds on the bat are ranking? I'm sure it has more to do with their feelings on the team, by even I, as much as I despise the team, would have to rank the Yankees pinstripes as the best. Some here though would then say "they suck cuz they're too plain." It just never seems to work.

I agree completely. Now on to the stuff in bold...

Any list that doesn't have the Cardinals in at least the top five (I'd argue top three but I'm feeling generous today) cannot be taken seriously. I'd also argue that the Yankees uniforms, while pretty damned good, are nowhere near as good as the Cardinals uniforms.

BB52Big.jpg

Any list that doesn't have the Cardinals in at least the top five (I'd argue top three but I'm feeling generous today) cannot be taken seriously. I'd also argue that the Yankees uniforms, while pretty damned good, are nowhere near as good as the Cardinals uniforms.

Well as much as I love hearing that last part, I can't ignore the iconic and classic look of the Yankees pinstripes. I guess I would say, between the two, they are 1a and 1b.

Well as much as I love hearing that last part, I can't ignore the iconic and classic look of the Yankees pinstripes. I guess I would say, between the two, they are 1a and 1b.

I agree with the Cardinals uniforms, disagree with the Yankees totally. Cardinals should always be a top 3. The home uniforms of the Athletics, Braves, Dodgers, and Giants will always fight for a top spot as well.

The Yankees fall short because they are not really unique. Birds on a bat, a tomahawk, a red number with an all-blue team, and that awesome green and yellow combo are all unique. Pinstripes have been done before. If The Yankees are so great then the Cubs should be right there too because they do the same thing.

I think the cap is a factor for a lot of people.

Proof of that is how many people no longer list the Braves as a top road uniform simply because the team no longer wears the red-bill cap on the road.

Honest question: how much does the cap figure into each person's rankings?

In my case, the cap is a factor only if it really takes away from the overall look of the uniform. The Indians cream alts are a perfect example. With the right blue hat, that look would easily be top ten for me but that red hat ruins the entire uniform. On the other side of the ledger, I'm not crazy about Baltimore's white panel hats but it doesn't really screw up the rest of the uniform. In Baltimore's case, the hat's shortcomings aren't enough to change my opinion of the overall uniform.

Does that make sense?

BB52Big.jpg

My ranking takes into consideration the entire uniform package. That means home, road, caps, batting helmets, socks, shoes, and any alternates.

1. Athletics

2. Yankees

3. Dodgers

4. Blue Jays

5. Cardinals

6. Pirates

7. Mets

8. Giants

9. Mariners

10. Reds

Bottom 5

26. Rays

27. Diamondbacks

28. Astros

29. Indians

30. Marlins

PvO6ZWJ.png

Seriously though, why complain about EVERYTHING? Plus, what is the reason for getting so mad over someone post padding? Do you get an award or something for having more posts than anyone else? No you don't. It's just complaining for the sake of complaining. When everything you post is negative and talking about how pointless it is, that is post padding too.

CFCS?

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

My ranking takes into consideration the entire uniform package. That means home, road, caps, batting helmets, socks, shoes, and any alternates.

1. Athletics

2. Yankees

3. Dodgers

4. Blue Jays

5. Cardinals

6. Pirates

7. Mets

8. Giants

9. Mariners

10. Reds

Bottom 5

26. Rays

27. Diamondbacks

28. Astros

29. Indians

30. Marlins

See I would only rank everyone based on home and road. Everyone has a home and road uniform, but not all have alternates. I'd do alternates as a separate ranking altogether. If anything, they'd only account for a small piece of an overall ranking.

Honest question: how much does the cap figure into each person's rankings?

It would probably drop the Orioles 5 to 10 spaces if I were to make a list.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived