Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A honorable mention goes off to the 3 people who didn't stop believing!

poll.png

Technically the 22 were right. That poll is from 2012. :)

And... yay hockey? We'll see. I find it interesting that most fans I see on Twitter will forgive everything for free Center Ice. Fans wouldn't fare well in negotiations of this nature.

I was one of the 3 yes votes...but I was ready to stop believing after the December dueling press conference debacle.

Are they offering free Center Ice?

Nope

http://www.sbnation....ply-cant-happen

Maybe they'll discount it, but I won't be holding my breath.

I will watch the Blues if they're on NBCSN or playing the Preds, but no Center Ice and no tix when I'm in STL this year.

I am going to be hanging some Blues stuff back up in my house though.

I also think it will be nuts if CBJ and WPG don't temporarily swap divisions.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

That was never an option. It was just something Pierre LeBrun suggested in a column as something for the NHL to do to get fans to come back.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That was never an option. It was just something Pierre LeBrun suggested in a column as something for the NHL to do to get fans to come back.

$40 I will be please. $60 I will pay bitterly. $80 I will raise a huge stink.......right before I pay.

If the $3.4B of HRR stays stagnant, then by going from a 57/43 split to a 50/50 split gives the owners and additional $235+M/year.

The tentative revenue sharing issue is what confuses me the most. While it is to increase from $150M to $200M, where does the NHLPA's $60M "growth fund" fit in? Is that money on top of the $200M or is it just part of the $200M? Most reports are written as if the the NHLPA part is within the $200M, which would make the owner's share less than the previous CBA.

I did notice that both the opt out and the completion of the proposed CBA would be before the new US television contract is up too.

The tentative revenue sharing issue is what confuses me the most. While it is to increase from $150M to $200M, where does the NHLPA's $60M "growth fund" fit in? Is that money on top of the $200M or is it just part of the $200M? Most reports are written as if the the NHLPA part is within the $200M, which would make the owner's share less than the previous CBA.

What's a "growth fund," anyway? A "further bail Nashville and Phoenix out because that's Growing The Gameâ„¢" fund?

Oh and I'll get Gamecenter again only if it's prorated or deep-discounted, but I am not paying a full-season price for a half-season of hastily reassembled hockey.

Unless this is the year the Oilers turn the corner, in which case I won't miss a moment. That thing's gonna be fuuuun.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This takes Bettman's lockout negotiation record to 1-1-1. It was an overtime loss.

Post of the Day?

Seconded

Thirded.

*boom*

RnLmp_zps5bc9beff.png

HOLY :censored: IT'S A BELT NOW?!?

No. It's a championship title.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So are existing contracts affected by this? Is Nashville still teetering on the edge of existance due to the Webber deal?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived