Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

I seriously think the NHL will never recover from this in it's current form. Teams like Florida, Columbus, and Nashville are going to lose their entire fanbase.

This isn't true. The most diehard fans of teams like these are pro-lockout, now as then, and will happily sit this one out if it means their teams are supposed to be more competitive than they were before. The problem is that this line of thinking is going to leave them with like 5,000 people who still care.

Not true of this Blue Jackets diehard and I really don't know any who are. Where are you getting your information, sir?

I just go by hfboards, since it's the biggest hockey forum around and I can't go pound the pavement in every city. I know you don't think that because you know better, but the pro-owner sentiment is sky-high among the lower tier of the league.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironically we have this support for reigning in the cap and dropping the floor when said high-ish floor is why certain teams *cough*Florida*cough* were able to be successful last year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The actions of Jeremy Jacobs do not reflect the feelings of the city of Boston, nor any fan of any of their respective sports teams.

INB4LIGHTSOUT

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Can we get a fund going to pay for an arbitrator?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

No. These a-holes have plenty of money, and I'll be damned if I give them one penny for the privilege of potentially paying them more money later.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I know everyone says well maybe the Canadian teams and a few American teams form a league, be it serious or not. What can it take, and I'm dead serious. In 8 years time, when the next CBA is up, chances are we'll be in the exact same mess, because obviously under this regime, it's a trend that shows no signs of ending.

So question. How much does it take to start a new league or are we just hockey starved fans, looking for an unrealistic way out?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

They've had the option of arbitration for quite some time now and have shown no interest in it. Why would we pay for something they won't use?

Because I've lost all hope and I'm beyond desperation.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I know everyone says well maybe the Canadian teams and a few American teams form a league, be it serious or not. What can it take, and I'm dead serious. In 8 years time, when the next CBA is up, chances are we'll be in the exact same mess, because obviously under this regime, it's a trend that shows no signs of ending.

So question. How much does it take to start a new league or are we just hockey starved fans, looking for an unrealistic way out?

You'd need all of those teams to simply decide to leave. Sadly I think the lockout would have to extend to a second season for it to even be considered by the necessary teams.

It's not unprecedented though. The Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Wanderers, Ottawa Senators and Quebec Bulldogs formed the NHL after breaking away from the NHA. With any luck Jeremy Jacobs could be this generation's Eddie Livingston.

They've had the option of arbitration for quite some time now and have shown no interest in it. Why would we pay for something they won't use?

This is where you leave the abusive partner in the relationship. Might I suggest the AHL or ECHL from now on. Or better yet just give up on hockey until the NHL collapses. Because they'll continue to do this :censored: going forward.

This is where you leave the abusive partner in the relationship. Might I suggest the AHL or ECHL from now on. Or better yet just give up on hockey until the NHL collapses. Because they'll continue to do this :censored: going forward.

And this is why the league won't go away. People like Kevin will continue to show support no matter what. I understand being a die hard, but at some point, enough is enough. Ditch 'em.

I just go by hfboards, since it's the biggest hockey forum around and I can't go pound the pavement in every city. I know you don't think that because you know better, but the pro-owner sentiment is sky-high among the lower tier of the league.

this is like looking at free republic to see what the country thinks of a political issue. hfboards is a cesspool of idiocy

1zgyd8w.jpg

And this is why the league won't go away. People like Kevin will continue to show support no matter what. I understand being a die hard, but at some point, enough is enough. Ditch 'em.

80759_o.gif

KEVIN!

Martin Brodeur on players-owners meeting without the regular participants involved: "I'm open to any idea. When Bettman or Jacobs aren't around, I think people act differently."

So it's Bettman and then for some reason Jeremy Jacobs has more pull than any other owner. What the hell?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Martin Brodeur on players-owners meeting without the regular participants involved: "I'm open to any idea. When Bettman or Jacobs aren't around, I think people act differently."

So it's Bettman and then for some reason Jeremy Jacobs has more pull than any other owner. What the hell?

Jeremy Jacobs has the gravitas of a man who needs to attend his own teams' Stanley Cup celebration parade incognito lest he be ripped limb from limb by his own teams' supporters. That's why.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived