Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

True story.

I'm at home for the holidays and yesterday my mom goes "oh they're close to reaching a deal." My first thought was "we're getting NHL hockey back!" But no, it was just about the US averting the "fiscal cliff."

Honestly, I was a bit bummed :P

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ovie is already 27 years old?

Yikes. Time flies.

Even worse, 2 lock outs have cost us as fans watching the prime years of Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Malkin, etc...

Weren't Crosby and Stamkos drafted after the '04-'05 lockout was settled? And Ovechkin and Malkin drafted right before said lockout?

Well we lost this season (or at least a big portion of it) for the 4, plus others listed above.

Ovechkin and Malkin were #1 & #2 the draft just before the 2005-06 lockout.

It was the 2004-05 lockout. They were 2004, Crosby was 2005.

Oops, got my year wrong. The point still remains that 2 prolonged lockouts cost us as fans of watching some greats in their prime.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-lockout/2013/01/01/nhl_nhlpa_updates_talks_cba_labour_tuesday_new_york/

The seeds of cautious optimism are starting to sow as the National Hockey League and the players’ union plan to meet face-to-face for a second straight day in New York City. Monday's talks marked the first time the NHL and union met in person since Dec. 13.

baltimoreravens.png

I'm guessing you mean to say that the owners are stupid and the union is gullible.

"Stupid" sure is a strange way to spell evil.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Saw a rumor earlier today that the foundation of CBA up for discussion now is a 10-year deal. I can't believe that, just because that would make this whole process monumentally stupid, even by NHL standards.

"How many years do you propose for the length of the agreement?"

"Eight!" "No, five!"

"No, seven!" "No, six!"

"No, ten!" "Okay, well now we're getting somewhere."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Saw a rumor earlier today that the foundation of CBA up for discussion now is a 10-year deal. I can't believe that, just because that would make this whole process monumentally stupid, even by NHL standards.

"How many years do you propose for the length of the agreement?"

"Eight!" "No, five!"

"No, seven!" "No, six!"

"No, ten!" "Okay, well now we're getting somewhere."

I really feel that if you were able to be in the same room with them that this is the kind of stupidity occurring.

Get your football out of this non-sports thread!

And yes, Hedley, the PA has until midnight Eastern to file.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Does the return of the mediator in these meets signify good or bad things?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I can't imagine that it doesn't count toward hockey-related revenue. One interesting quirk that I do know, though, which could play into what is and isn't, is that merchandise revenue is divided equally among all teams except when sold on team-owned physical premises. So unless you're buying your commemorative Stanley Cup tchotchkes at the arena or the team store they run at your major mall, your money wasn't really going to the champs.

That's how MLB does it, also.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived