Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that Dreger is little more than Bettman's ventriloquist dummy, I expect this to mean that we're supposed to blame the union for ruining something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Checkmate. IMO there are still too many remaining differences for them to complete a deal in time.

fun fact: in 94-95 they said "well we're this close let's start the season and figure out the rest as we go along"

They weren't trying to murder the Union then.

They were but the rich teams said "hey Gary we want to make some money now"

There's a difference between the "if we roll a natural 20" objective (which it was then) and "all is for naught if we don't pull this off" objective (which it is now).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Progress???

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhl-nhlpa-agree-10-cba-term-lockout-not-000902189--nhl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"The NHL and NHLPA continued to inch towards an end to the lockout on Saturday in New York City, with mediator Scot Beckenbaugh meeting with the sides individually and then bringing them together for a negotiating session."... “It sounds like players have agreed to 10-year CBA with mutual out after Year 8. Were previously looking for the out after Year 7.”

baltimoreravens.png

I love being up at 4:30 in the morning.

That being said, screw everybody involved that made this happen. "Thank You Fans" can lick my balls.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Funny you say that, the tentative plan is for the blue lines to say "Lick Our Balls" this time.

Somebody has to photoshop this.

edit: here's what they'll play between periods on the first games back:

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I love being up at 4:30 in the morning.

That being said, screw everybody involved that made this happen. "Thank You Fans" can lick my balls.

I just might projectile vomit if I see "Thank You Fans" across the blue lines this go around.

edit: here's what they'll play between periods on the first games back:

Can't....unsee....Bettman on...bearskin rug....

I still have some concerns about revenue sharing being reworked into "Gary Bettman gives as much money as he wants to whoever he wants." We need objective standards.

I still have some concerns about revenue sharing being reworked into "Gary Bettman gives as much money as he wants to whoever he wants." We need objective standards.

Shut up.

People are trying to be happy.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Now give me some free hockey package! It is strange I have to buy the hockey package in FLORIDA to watch the FLORIDA Panthers. If half the state can't watch you, just call yourself Miami. (But it is "Florida Panthers". You know, the species! It's cool!) No it isn't! It is false advertising.

You don't get the games on Sun Sports/Fox Sports Florida? I didn't think they had subfeeds for the entire state, just blackouts for baseball and basketball where necessary.

I love multiple 48 game seasons in the space of 20 years

You don't get the games on Sun Sports/Fox Sports Florida? I didn't think they had subfeeds for the entire state, just blackouts for baseball and basketball where necessary.

Fernadina Beach is in north Florida. And I think that's more of Sun Sports territory, since Sun Sports has Lightning, Rays, and Magic. Fox Sports Florida has the Panthers, Marlins, and Heat. Curiously enough, in the Tampa Bay area, I can watch the Marlins on any given night, but not the Heat or Panthers. I don't understand either.

spacer.png

Archived