Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

If it's all in-conference games this year as reported, I'll have to wait at least another year for Hawks @ Jets. And it sounds like no realignment for a while, either.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love multiple 48 game seasons in the space of 20 years.

Would you rather multiple cancelled seasons?

Everyone jumping on the "I'm boycotting" bandwagon or making the "Oh jeez, ANOTHER half a season, how awesome" snide remarks... you're not cool, you're not funny, you're not some deep thinking champion of the greater social issues...

...you're a douche. The end.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I get to watch every Florida team but the Panthers. NHL territory rules. I am Tampa territory. For some reason they won't allow Panther games shown in the Lightning area. Stupid. I get both Fox Sports and Sun Sports. They will show fishing shows instead of Panther hockey here. Stupid. I can even watch the Marlins and Rays, Heat and Magic.

I love multiple 48 game seasons in the space of 20 years.

Would you rather multiple cancelled seasons?

Everyone jumping on the "I'm boycotting" bandwagon or making the "Oh jeez, ANOTHER half a season, how awesome" snide remarks... you're not cool, you're not funny, you're not some deep thinking champion of the greater social issues...

...you're a douche. The end.

I didn't say that at all. I was pointing out the obvious in how the NHL is still awful with labor negotiations and agreements.

Any hockey is better than no hockey. I just wish it didn't take 'till fricken' January for the possibility of a season to even commence.

spacer.png

Yeah, I don't get the strawman-slaying here. Who said they're boycotting? Who made snide remarks? NAME NAMES. HOUSE UN-HOCKEY ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE.

Don't get me wrong: as embittered as I've become with league ownership, I'm still a huge hockey fan and will be watching the Hawks from game 1 through 48 and other teams elsewhere. But these are still fresh, deep wounds, and you've gotta understand how some of us can't slap the band-aid on right away. There still may be a lot of issues with this CBA that are of concern beyond WOOOO HOCKEY.

Oh, and sledgehammer of irony alert: it sounds like what finally broke Bettman and Batterman was a bevy of threats from sponsors growing "extremely concerned" with things, capped off by NBC Sports deciding to announce that oh by the way our ratings have been crap on our sports channel and we sure could use our anchor programming back. Capitalism defeated by capitalism.

If it's all in-conference games this year as reported, I'll have to wait at least another year for Hawks @ Jets. And it sounds like no realignment for a while, either.

Imagine all the Jet fans pleading right now for Selanne to avoid retirement. At least Bunky and Wildwing are spared another Teemu season...for now.

I still have some concerns about revenue sharing being reworked into "Gary Bettman gives as much money as he wants to whoever he wants." We need objective standards.

Shut up.

People are trying to be happy.

As happy as I am to have NHL hockey back he's right. I mean we couldn't even go a full decade between lockouts. I don't trust this league to avoid this whole dumpster fire in eight more years. And that's very, very sad coming from someone who really wants to love this league :(

Right now would be a great time for the Flames to trade Iginla, Kiprusoff and Bouwmeester. But Feaster will think 48 games is enough to finish 8th and win.

Glad to have you back, dickheads.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Hahaha. You know, it just wasn't gonna be winter without the rampant fear and loathing that is following your respective NHL team. I'm so happy to be miserable soon.

I bet Iginla and Bouwmeester are virtually untradable with the new CBA bwahahahahahahahaha

I still have some concerns about revenue sharing being reworked into "Gary Bettman gives as much money as he wants to whoever he wants." We need objective standards.

Shut up.

People are trying to be happy.

Hey everybody, Adrian Dater's joined the board!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, I don't get the strawman-slaying here. Who said they're boycotting? Who made snide remarks? NAME NAMES. HOUSE UN-HOCKEY ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE.

Didn't mean just here... seeing it all over twitter and Facebook... some people just can't help themselves...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Hahaha. You know, it just wasn't gonna be winter without the rampant fear and loathing that is following your respective NHL team. I'm so happy to be miserable soon.

I bet Iginla and Bouwmeester are virtually untradable with the new CBA bwahahahahahahahaha

It's gonna be a good next few months haha!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived