Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Hmmm...an aging team with a bare prospect cupboard in desperate need of a rebuild that keeps finishing too high for a good pick yet too poorly for the playoffs builds on false hope while trying to become a contender while also handing on to their old captain and franchise player, eh?

Déjà vu.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the Flames have no plans to rebuild

THE HELL YOU SAY!

And where exactly do they keep the picks/prospects they'll need to move to become a "legit contender"? Snoopy's doghouse? Because apparently they have some endless supply that defies reality.

I'm not saying they won't but, from what Feaster said is he doesn't want to have this press conference again meaning trying for the Playoffs again. Iginla has gone on record the last three days saying he doesn't want to be apart of a rebuild, and what soon to be 35 year old player would want that. No matter who comes in the one constant is they either make the playoffs and don't go anywhere or miss them completely. This has been going on for 23 years, one time they advance past the first round.

We do have prospects, the Flames played some of their best hockey all year when the kids either from farm contributed. Sven Bartschi, ripping up with Portland, and he played really well when he was here for the very small sample size of games, Max Reinhart, Michael Ferland, Joey Leach, Greg Nemisz, John Gaudreau, Bill Arnold.

None of them leap off the page, but are solid guys, and I think that right now is some of the best prospects this organization has had since the early 80's which says a lot.

It'll be interesting, but I've said this many times. The ownership group here is stubborn as a mule. Ken King is a terrible NHL president, he's good in the community, but that doesn't win hockey games. Jay he's a solid GM, but he's got learn that many have tried here, and all have failed since Cliff Fletcher bailed. So he's got to go about this entire process much differently.

EDIT: My gut tells me Brent Sutter will be back to coach, which is fine. Iginla will be traded, and Kiprusoff will stay.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Edmonton picks 1st again. Doubt they'll pick Yakupov though.

Yes they will. No one in the right state of mind will let such a talent slip away.

Even if Defense is a much bigger need?

Hope Tambellini can find room to pay all these guys in a few years. I'll be laughing or crying.

All I do is win, win, win, no matter what

Got draft picks on my mind, I can never get enough

And every time we pick first, the chance we won't next time goes up

and we stay there

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The new CBA better have an NBA-style provision for Bird rights or else the Oil's gonna be fuuuuuucked in a year or two when everyone comes due and they haven't even finished rebuilding yet.

Poor Blue Jackets. At lease it was only Edmonton, so they're still 2nd. They have to hope Edmonton doesn't want ANOTHER stud, under 20 forward. Yeesh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

With Yakupov coming into the fold, the time is now ripe to flip The Great Sam Gagner for a blue-chip defenseman. If only the water-treaders like the Sharks and Flames would politely go to the back of the line like you're supposed to do in the magical fantasy world of PARITY~!, the Oilers could get seriously good in a hurry.

I will probably break something if we lose the draft lottery and go on a mad man conspiracy rant about how the NHL office hates Columbus. Just a heads up.

The floor is yours.......

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

With Yakupov coming into the fold, the time is now ripe to flip The Great Sam Gagner for a blue-chip defenseman. If only the water-treaders like the Sharks and Flames would politely go to the back of the line like you're supposed to do in the magical fantasy world of PARITY~!, the Oilers could get seriously good in a hurry.

Nah, Feaster might have another hissy fit and claim he doesn't want to be like Edmonton.

Not happening anytime soon unfortunately. <_<

How deep is this draft? Any top forwards going to be on the board at #5 for the Leafs?

Alex Galchenyuk ( C ) will almost surely be open at #5 and they'll probably take him. He missed almost all of this year with a knee injury, so he's a bit of a risk, but he's too talented to pass up. It may cost him a year of development, but I can't see it affecting his ability to succeed in the league.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I sense a big trade coming. Edmonton needs a stud defenseman to lead their defence. Yakupov is nice but he isn't what they need. They should trade up and add a couple veterans and extra draft picks. There are a bunch of solid Dmen they could grab in the top 10 that they could then grab. It's too bad their rivals with the Flames because that would be a good partner for them.

Archived