Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

I think it's a solid return.

Erixon, albeit a major wanker and I will never care for him. Will probably be a top four defenseman, and Columbus is building that area like a boss.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As per Larry Brooks following the deadline:

(Sather) is believed to have offered the Blue Jackets a five-asset package including Brandon Dubinsky, 21-year-old top defense prospect Tim Erixon, highly regarded 2011 first-round draft choice J.T. Miller and 2010 second-round pick Christian Thomas, along with a 2012 first-round selection

Scott Howson is a noob.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Adrian Aucoin

Tim Erixon

Jack Johnson

John Moore

Ryan Murray

Nikita Nikitin

Fedor Tyutin

James Wisniewski

I gotta say I like our defense quite a lot. It's really up to Bob and the offense now for us to be respectable. Hopefully Dubi bounces back after the change of scenery. A lot less pressure here in Columbus for him.

Manchester-City-icon.png

I just can't get over the karma that was handed to Tim Erixon, hilarious.

Scary thought though now in NYC. Gaborik-Richards-Nash. Eww... At least they're not in my conference.

I wish Howson had been interested in building a defense three years ago. It's a little late in my opinion to look like a guy who has a plan for this team.

The defense doesn't look as terrible and the farm system was recently ranked in the top 10 (which should happen when you continually draft high and trade for prospects), but Howson's gotta go and he probably should've been gone in the middle of last season. He doesn't know what he's doing.

Fire Howson (from the cannon).

PvO6ZWJ.png

The price must have dropped big time, if GM's were saying this is too high than dear lord. This isn't much of anything IMO that draft pick may as well have been a 2nd due to how late it will end up. They traded top talent for bodies, but it isn't enough bodies to go all Florida Panthers on us.

untitled-6.jpg

I might be lost in the shuffle; however, can you please explain the Tim Erixon hate, NEW.ERA?

Sorry haha.

Ahh just whined his way out of Calgary, I think most of it was that Darryl Sutter never signed him ASAP. But he pretty much cried his way out of here to go to New York, to be near is Daddy (Jan Erixon) and now he's on his way to Columbus, full circle of crap! So I just think it's hilarious, don't get me wrong I think he'll be great, but it's just what he did to the team that drafted him.

The defense doesn't look as terrible and the farm system was recently ranked in the top 10

By whom? HockeysFuture had them ranked 29th, and Hockey Prospectus had them 17th.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I might be lost in the shuffle; however, can you please explain the Tim Erixon hate, NEW.ERA?

Sorry haha.

Ahh just whined his way out of Calgary, I think most of it was that Darryl Sutter never signed him ASAP. But he pretty much cried his way out of here to go to New York, to be near is Daddy (Jan Erixon) and now he's on his way to Columbus, full circle of crap! So I just think it's hilarious, don't get me wrong I think he'll be great, but it's just what he did to the team that drafted him.

Yeah he played for the Rangers in Calgary last October, was given the "boo everytime he touches the puck" treatment.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

BTW The Rangers and Columbus only play once - April 5th at Nationwide Arena.

I wouldn't boo, but I'd understand why. But, I'm sure those boos would be directed at Scott Howson, if he's employed by then.

Also any guesses on the Captain of the Jackets? If they do indeed roll with one.

RJ Umburger or Jack Johnson would be my guess.

Sorry haha.

Yeah he played for the Rangers in Calgary last October, was given the "boo everytime he touches the puck" treatment.

Now we get to do it twice a year! :D

The defense doesn't look as terrible and the farm system was recently ranked in the top 10

By whom? HockeysFuture had them ranked 29th, and Hockey Prospectus had them 17th.

I'm embarrassed to say it was ESPN.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Can't say that I'm not happy with the Rangers getting Nash, to be honest Dubinsky was really a bum last year so parting with him shouldn't be too hard. I always liked AA and thought Erixon had some potential but if only giving them up meant getting Nash then I'm all for it. The only thing that bums me out is I'll have to change my sig now with Dubinsky gone. :P

On a design-related note, Rick Nash has now been a member of the only two teams whose helmets don't match their pants.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Can't say that I'm not happy with the Rangers getting Nash, to be honest Dubinsky was really a bum last year so parting with him shouldn't be too hard. I always liked AA and thought Erixon had some potential but if only giving them up meant getting Nash then I'm all for it. The only thing that bums me out is I'll have to change my sig now with Dubinsky gone. :P

Which reminds me, I still gotta get that Youkilis jersey out of my sig. :P

Hockey Prospectus organizational rankings, if anyone was curious:

1. Panthers
  2. Islanders
  3. Red Wings
  4. Wild
  5. Senators
  6. Blackhawks
  7. Lightning
  8. Ducks
  9. Oilers
  10. Canadiens
  11. Penguins
  12. Rangers
  13. Stars
  14. Capitals
  15. Maple Leafs
  16. Bruins
  17. Blue Jackets
  18. Sabres
  19. Blues
  20. Flames
  21. Kings
  22. Predators
  23. Jets
  24. Canucks
  25. Avalanche
  26. Hurricanes
  27. Devils
  28. Coyotes
  29. Sharks
  30. Flyers

Offhand, they have the Red Wings quite a bit higher than HF, the Blue Jackets higher still, and the Coyotes and Predators much lower. Both are in agreement that the Isles are loaded and the Sharks have nothing. I wonder if Hockey Prospectus puts more weight on the actual upside of the players at the expense of mere likelihood of NHL contribution, which would seem to knock the Preds' and Yotes' respective phalanxes down a few pegs. Practically anyone can come up and play for them.

EDIT: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/86851-2012-nhl-golf-thread/page__st__280__p__1823128#entry1823128

HF rankings.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hockey Prospectus organizational rankings, if anyone was curious:

1. Panthers
  2. Islanders
  3. Red Wings
  4. Wild
  5. Senators
  6. Blackhawks
  7. Lightning
  8. Ducks
  9. Oilers
  10. Canadiens
  11. Penguins
  12. Rangers
  13. Stars
  14. Capitals
  15. Maple Leafs
  16. Bruins
  17. Blue Jackets
  18. Sabres
  19. Blues
  20. Flames
  21. Kings
  22. Predators
  23. Jets
  24. Canucks
  25. Avalanche
  26. Hurricanes
  27. Devils
  28. Coyotes
  29. Sharks
  30. Flyers

Offhand, they have the Red Wings quite a bit higher than HF, the Blue Jackets higher still, and the Coyotes and Predators much lower. Both are in agreement that the Isles are loaded and the Sharks have nothing. I wonder if Hockey Prospectus puts more weight on the actual upside of the players at the expense of mere likelihood of NHL contribution, which would seem to knock the Preds' and Yotes' respective phalanxes down a few pegs. Practically anyone can come up and play for them.

20! I can dig it.

Archived