Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Blackhawks fired assistant coach Mike

HAVILAND?

You idiots! Kitchen was the stupid one!

Yeah, I don't....I don't even know. Friendship > results.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This feels like the Bowmans giving Quenneville plenty of rope to hang himself. After a season of tussling over personnel, he's being challenged to Do It His Way, and if he doesn't get results, bye. I feel like they're fully prepared to promote their guy Barry Smith from "roving harbinger of fired coach" or whatever his job title is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This feels like the Bowmans giving Quenneville plenty of rope to hang himself. After a season of tussling over personnel, he's being challenged to Do It His Way, and if he doesn't get results, bye. I feel like they're fully prepared to promote their guy Barry Smith from "roving harbinger of fired coach" or whatever his job title is.

It would make sense considering Bowman's wanting to avoid scrutiny and putting 2012/13 on Q's shoulders would buy him at least another year.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Koivu signs a 1 yr $3 million dollar deal with Ducks.

Does this get Anaheim 1 more year of Selanne?

Certainly doesn't hurt. I'm almost convinced Teemu's coming back though. Way the season ended, how he handled it, what he was saying, how he played. Yeah, I'm much more optimistic he's coming back this year than I have been in previous years.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Bob Gainey Is reportedly being hired by the Stars.

Don't you mean rehired? He was the North Stars' head coach and GM at the time of the move to Dallas, and for a few more years after that.

CCSLC signature.png

Columbus Mayor Mike Coleman wants an NBA team

An NBA team would kill my hockey team, but I suppose city officials would see the NBA as an upgrade over the NHL so they don't care. Columbus isn't big enough for the both of em.

I don't need to tell you how I feel about the NBA (it sucks), so I'm definitely rooting against this.

The good news is there is a bunch of obstacles standing in the way:

- the league isn't expanding anytime soon

- due to the small size of Columbus, and their status as an NHL city, we'd be low on the list of desirable relocation destinations

- They'd have to get in line behind at least 3 cities

- I can't imagine Dan Gilbert would be happy with giving up Cleveland's secondary market.

- David Stern and Gary Bettman have a gentleman's agreement not to expand or relocate to markets that already have a team in one of the winter sports leagues.

- the NBA sucks

PvO6ZWJ.png

An NBA team would kill my hockey team, but I suppose city officials would see the NBA as an upgrade over the NHL so they don't care. Columbus isn't big enough for the both of em.

I don't need to tell you how I feel about the NBA (it sucks), so I'm definitely rooting against this.

- due to the small size of Columbus, and their status as an NHL city, we'd be low on the list of desirable relocation destinations

- I can't imagine Dan Gilbert would be happy with giving up Cleveland's secondary market.

I fully agree with the first post on the article:

Coleman has a better shot at getting a NBA developmental league team here than he does an actual NBA team. We are a minor league city. Accept it Coleman.

Bob Gainey Is reportedly being hired by the Stars.

Don't you mean rehired? He was the North Stars' head coach and GM at the time of the move to Dallas, and for a few more years after that.

He was largely responsible for building the Stars Cup team.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Coleman has a better shot at getting a NBA developmental league team here than he does an actual NBA team. We are a minor league city. Accept it Coleman.

There is no way in the world Columbus will get a NBA team, WNBA maybe, but never NBA.

1. A team in Columbus would hurt the Cleveland Cadavers

2. There are several cities in line to get a team long before Columbus will even be considered.

In not paticular order they are Seattle, St. Louis, Kansas City, and Newark

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

There is no way in the world Columbus will get a NBA team, WNBA maybe, but never NBA.

1. A team in Columbus would hurt the Cleveland Cadavers

2. There are several cities in line to get a team long before Columbus will even be considered.

In not paticular order they are Seattle, St. Louis, Kansas City, and Newark

I should say the article is about how the Mayor is interested in an NBA team in Columbus, not the other way around. Just because our silly mayor wrote a letter to the NBA doesn't mean the NBA wants a second team in Ohio. As long as Columbus has an NHL team, the NBA won't come knocking. If the Blue Jackets move, well even then I don't know if the NBA would be interested.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't see it as harmful for the BJ's if the NBA decided to come to Columbus in a few years honestly. I think two tenants in Nationwide Arena could actually benefit the Jackets in terms of costs. And I'm also one of those crazy fans that actually see a significant improvement in their standing in the next few years, but hey..

Manchester-City-icon.png

Columbus already has teams that pay their athletes. I think they got more for their money with Greg Oden than the Blazers ever did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=631625

"He led the Blue Jackets to an 18-21-2 record, including a 16-14-1 mark over the final 31 games with wins in seven of its last 11 outings. Columbus also went 14-0-0 when taking a lead into the third period after dropping points in eight of its previous 17 games when leading after two periods (9-6-2)."

I guess that's not bad considering what he had to work with. At least he's not Scott Arniel.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived