Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Oh my god is Batterman seriously trying to get the players to pay sponsors for being locked out?

I mean, obviously salaries have to be prorated, but what else could they mean by paying for the damage?

My guess is revenue lost like ticket sales, concessions, cost of using the arena, possibly merchandise, they could think of a few things.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it's obviously the fault of the spoiled and overpaid players.

If they didn't insist on getting paid in cash money, the owners wouldn't have to resort to these drastic lockouts. How are teams supposed to give their hardworking, job-creating owners the handsome dividends they've earned when the teat-sucking players whinge and cry about getting paid first?

No, it's obviously the fault of the spoiled and overpaid players.

If they didn't insist on getting paid in cash money, the owners wouldn't have to resort to these drastic lockouts. How are teams supposed to give their hardworking, job-creating owners the handsome dividends they've earned when the teat-sucking players whinge and cry about getting paid first?

Is that sarcasm? Lol Sorry I'm a little slow.

Oh my god is Batterman seriously trying to get the players to pay sponsors for being locked out?

I mean, obviously salaries have to be prorated, but what else could they mean by paying for the damage?

This is why there wont be a season and proof Bettman wants to destroy hockey. The owners did the lock out not the players to also disgrace the season is over andi ts because Bettman the Owners are stupid and unreasonable.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, maybe he just meant their salaries would have to be prorated and that the money saved there would go toward compensating angry sponsors. I don't know. I mean, it's unrealistic to say that after all the blood that's been spilled here, the union would have to cut a check to the NHL. Then again, so was offering to declassify a great deal of hockey-related revenue and cut the players' share of the rest to 43%, but they tried to do that too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The problem is Bettman is unflexible and unreasonable and he just does not care enoug about the game to change his porition and this is why there will not be a season again.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The problem is Bettman is unflexible and unreasonable and he just does not care enoug about the game to change his porition and this is why there will not be a season again.

Gary Bettman's job is not to care about the game. It's to listen to a-holes like Jeremy Jacobs when they call from their Scrooge McDuck money vaults and say "yeah this needs to be a couple more feet deep"

1zgyd8w.jpg

I still refuse to believe "destroying hockey" is purposely on Gary Bettman's To-Do List.

I doubt he's doing it on purpose beyond the fact he's purposely doing what the owners want. So in reality it's the owners that have the goal of destroying the sport to save their wallets.

NEW YORK—A little less than a decade ago, hockey fans were blessed with a slate of games every night, but on Thursday sources confirmed that for the ninth consecutive year NHL players have been locked out, with very slim hopes of an agreement in sight. “It seems like just yesterday Martin St. Louis and his Lightning teammates were raising the Stanley Cup,” high school hockey coach and onetime ESPN analyst Barry Melrose said. “Obviously, I’m still hoping the two sides can come together and reach an agreement, but I’m starting to think nobody really misses hockey anymore. Nope. Nobody but old Barry. I’d still love to catch an Atlanta Thrashers game.” Observers have noted that when arena doors do reopen, the NHL will face the perhaps greater challenge of convincing fans to return to hockey instead of watching more popular sports like football, basketball, baseball, and SlamBall. WxR4j.gif

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

It's pretty blatant by now that he WANTS to lockout the season at this point. There has to be something more to this guy, I've never seen a commissioner so clearly adverse to saving his league.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's pretty blatant by now that he WANTS to lockout the season at this point. There has to be something more to this guy, I've never seen a commissioner so clearly adverse to saving his league.

This man....my G-d....what more can be said, really? :censored: you Gary Bettman. :censored: you.

This man....my G-d....what more can be said, really? :censored: you Gary Bettman. :censored: you.

Don't forget the owners. They're the morons he works for. Just hope this labor stoppage works out better than the one over at Hostess did.

https://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/nov/16/hostess-to-close-cites-nationwide-worker-strike/

Archived