Lee.

Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Pity that he'd be forced to go because of someone else's greed. At least he's had a hell of a career.

And now you guys made me as sad as the lockout could possibly make me...

Losing Teemu's final season... Losing the final true official send off of THE Anaheim (Mighty) Duck... I mean if he did, whenever we got back on the ice, the first thing the Ducks will do is retire #8 to the rafters... But... God damn it... God :censored: ing damn it....

:censored: you Gary Bettman. :censored: you and your :censored: ing :censored: ! Don't you :censored: ing dare take away Teemu Selanne from me. :censored: you.

Come on, Ed Snider! :censored: you Jacobs.

I know we have a lot of Bruins fans on here. When the NHL returns, you have to do all of us a favor and not go back to the games. Jeremy Jacobs has been the biggest ahole standing in the way of an agreement and he doesn't deserve your money.

http://www.philly.co...NHL_talks_.html

Multiple sources confirmed to the Daily News on Friday that Snider, once seen as a supporter of the Bettman's push to rein in the players' share of revenue, has soured on the process after it became apparent that a deal would not be brokered in time for a Dec. 1 puck drop.

Put simply: Snider and the rest of the NHL's owners were promised a big win by Bettman, with player concessions on revenue division and contracting rights. The best they'll get now is a small win in revenue split - coupled with a demoralized fan base and all-important corporate sponsors that are ready to quit.

A source familiar with Snider's thinking characterized it as: "If this is the deal we are going to get, what's the point of dragging this out?"

Put simply, you're going to lose so much more by continuing to lockout than if you just make a :censored:ing deal. Morons.

Could this be the final straw that turns the owners on Bettman?

If he goes, the Coyotes will be out of Phoenix the next day

"NHL labor talks to resume Monday in New York City, league tells ESPN," my ESPN app tells me.

I bought The Instigator this morning and blew through it like nothing. I recommend you all do the same. There's some good in there with the bad, but for the most part, what a little turd.

"NHL labor talks to resume Monday in New York City, league tells ESPN," my ESPN app tells me.

So basically Bettman suggested two weeks off and everyone said " :censored: that noise, Gary. What's the matter with you?"

I bought The Instigator this morning and blew through it like nothing. I recommend you all do the same. There's some good in there with the bad, but for the most part, what a little turd.

I googled "Instigator Magazine," and re-read your comment. It makes a bit more sense, but I fear we've veered far off topic.

I googled "Instigator Magazine," and re-read your comment. It makes a bit more sense, but I fear we've veered far off topic.

Googling "Instigator Magazine" gives you a men's fetish magazine. I believe he's referring to the book The Instigator: How Gary Bettman Remade the NHL and Changed the Game Forever.

See, this is why we needed "Posts That Make You Go Hmmmm..."

Boy, a lot of regional Comcast SportsNet columnists posted anti-league pieces this weekend telling the NHL brass to nut up, settle, and start playing.

Funny, that.

http://www.nypost.co...zE93owdlNyiostL

If the season is canceled, the Maple Leafs will lose approximately $100 million, the Rangers at least $50 million and the Canadiens somewhat less than that.

Yet not one of these ownership groups is represented on the NHL negotiating committee. And while Toronto GM Brian Burke is on the committee, we’re told the league’s agenda is being plotted all but exclusively by Canceler-in-Chief Gary Bettman and Boston owner Jeremy Jacobs, the hawkish chairman of the Board of Governors.

Indeed, according to one trustworthy individual who attended the negotiating session in New York on Nov. 9, Calgary owner Murray Edwards was at one point silenced by Bettman just a moment after Jacobs leaned over and whispered into the commissioner’s ear.

It is unfathomable that league owners who understand the ramifications of extending this senseless lockout have not demanded Bettman call a Board of Governors meeting for a full airing of the issues.

Yes, but, the precious Jobberdome makes money.