Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

http://espn.go.com/n...ehr-says-report

Fehr said the union had put forward a percentage-based proposal that takes into account the damage caused by the lockout.

He said the sides are $182 million apart over the five-year deal, according to the report.

The NHL is expected to offer a response on Wednesday afternoon, the 67th day of the lockout.

I bet this is how the owner's will respond.... <_<

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Bettman has some new demands, first all players must apologize and kiss his ass prior to the start of the season he will make a trip to every arena and give each player time at centerice.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The NHLPA is back to hear the NHL's response to their latest proposal. This could very well end up being the deciding moment on if we'll see NHL hockey this season.

99% chance that we're :censored:ed until next season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Come on, Ed Snider! :censored: you Jacobs.

I know we have a lot of Bruins fans on here. When the NHL returns, you have to do all of us a favor and not go back to the games. Jeremy Jacobs has been the biggest ahole standing in the way of an agreement and he doesn't deserve your money.

http://www.philly.co...NHL_talks_.html

Multiple sources confirmed to the Daily News on Friday that Snider, once seen as a supporter of the Bettman's push to rein in the players' share of revenue, has soured on the process after it became apparent that a deal would not be brokered in time for a Dec. 1 puck drop.

Put simply: Snider and the rest of the NHL's owners were promised a big win by Bettman, with player concessions on revenue division and contracting rights. The best they'll get now is a small win in revenue split - coupled with a demoralized fan base and all-important corporate sponsors that are ready to quit.

A source familiar with Snider's thinking characterized it as: "If this is the deal we are going to get, what's the point of dragging this out?"

Put simply, you're going to lose so much more by continuing to lockout than if you just make a :censored:ing deal. Morons.

You have my word that I will not spend one cent on anything Bruins related for the foreseeable future.

On behalf of all Bruins fans, I'd like to apologize for unleashing Jeremy Jacobs on you. We hate him too.

spacer.png

Bettman is so small and so petty, and he is one of the leaders as Larry Brooks pointed out this is not about anything now but crushing the players and saving Bettman's ego

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If Israel and Hamas can agree to a bloody ceasefire in a war, where they legit hate one another. It's going to look hilarious if the NHL doesn't take this deal.

Israel and Hamas to Gary Bettman: "Come on guy stop being so inflexible."

Called it....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409972

Collective bargaining talks at the NHL's head office in New York on Wednesday did not produce any progress after the NHL Players' Association tabled a new five-year proposal to the league.

"Nothing on significant economic issues," NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr told reporters on Wednesday afternoon after receiving the league's response. "On the big things there was, as of today, no reciprocity in any meaningful sense."

While both sides are closer on revenue sharing, no concessions were made on contractual issues or the Make Whole provision as the league remains firm on its $211 million for the players.

"We're still far apart," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman told reporters on Wednesday. "But hopefully there's some momentum so we can bring this to a conclusion."

Meanwhile, the NHL is expected to cancel the 2013 All Star Game in Columbus on Friday.

I hate it when I'm right <_<

baltimoreravens.png

Called it....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409972

Collective bargaining talks at the NHL's head office in New York on Wednesday did not produce any progress after the NHL Players' Association tabled a new five-year proposal to the league.

"Nothing on significant economic issues," NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr told reporters on Wednesday afternoon after receiving the league's response. "On the big things there was, as of today, no reciprocity in any meaningful sense."

While both sides are closer on revenue sharing, no concessions were made on contractual issues or the Make Whole provision as the league remains firm on its $211 million for the players.

"We're still far apart," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman told reporters on Wednesday. "But hopefully there's some momentum so we can bring this to a conclusion."

Meanwhile, the NHL is expected to cancel the 2013 All Star Game in Columbus on Friday.

I hate it when I'm right <_<

They'll probably cancel most if not all of December on Friday as well. But frankly I'd say that's all she wrote. The players have given all they're going to give. The owners want more and they're not going to get it. So that's that.

I can only express the disgust and outrage I'm feeling towards Gary Bettman and Jeremy Jacobs in so many ways. I've posted the Office clip, the Galvatron picture, made the allusion to Archer, and even brought in current events with Hamas and Israel.

This is all I have left before my posts in this thread devolve to me tying " :censored: you Gary Bettman" over and over...

http://youtu.be/a5R_pS0h5Qk

Until Gary Bettman is replaced I don't see any success for the league. Even if they do come up with a deal, it will only be for 5 years and we'll go through this again. What we need at this time are some owners to tell Gary to go F himself and fire him for the betterment of the game. There is nothing that Bettman has improved in the game. We need owners who care about the game to start stepping up and do what's right. The league is only in this position because of Gary Bettman and his lack of a brain. I've never seen one person screw up something so bad and keep getting opportunities to screw it up.

Maybe ElwoodCuse can give it a whirl, but I haven't seen anyone adequately explain how the last CBA, so very much the owners' CBA in its salary rollback and hard cap, can be deemed such an utter failure without holding anyone responsible but the players who signed the contracts they were offered. As if it were incumbent upon Jeff Finger to say "No, Mr. Pension Plan, you'd have to be a blithering idiot to offer me that much money. I can't take advantage of you like this."

A normal CEO who negotiated a collective bargaining agreement as destructive as this one is purported to be would be removed, but Count Bettman is no normal CEO.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And that is why Bettman is an abject failure.

The reality is that even a good Commissioner can find himself presiding over a work stoppage. It's just the nature of the beast. But when every single CBA is followed by a work stoppage immediately upon its expiration, somebody is either negotiating lousy contracts, being needlessly provocative or both.

Archived