Tampa Bay Rays

Lights Out

Although I think the gradient matches what you're going for pretty well, the actual wordmark and number fonts seem a little minor leagueish if not childish.

I'm not really feeling the vintage white either, it really clashes with the vibrant colors.

Other than that, looks pretty darn good, I look forward to updates!

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I like the style you have going here, but I don't like the numeral font- comes off as a bit minor league-ish.

I also am not a fan of the cream uniforms. I do like the re-introduction of the ray (animal) as the focus.

Absolutely love the idea behind this all, but I will say this - while you're trying to deviate from "generic"...the wordmarks are rather, well, generic. The sunset gradient, while a fantastic touch, unfortunately does not make up for that. The numbers are okay as is, as well as the NOB, but the wordmark needs 'a-changin'. I would suggest a different font, but even something minor like keeping the font but enlarging the "R" in "RAYS" - a sort of "capital letter effect", if that makes sense - would be an improvement (same would go for "TAMPA BAY", of course). Oh, and make that TB w/ Devil Ray logo the cap logo as well. That's one of the better Rays logo concepts I've seen...throw that baby on the cap! :D Other than that, this is great. Colors are fantastic, sunset effect again is superb. Nice work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yes, most definitely. LOVE the new socks, too! Great update, this is a winner.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

These are looking great. While I don't dislike the Rays actual uniforms they are pretty generic looking. You solved that by incorporating an actual identity. Two things, though:

Although I think the gradient matches what you're going for pretty well, the actual wordmark and number fonts seem a little minor leagueish if not childish.

I like the style you have going here, but I don't like the numeral font- comes off as a bit minor league-ish.

1. I'll third this. I don't hate the font but it does have a minor league feel to it. Or my first thought was actually like an orange company or something that wanted to appeal to families/kids. If that makes sense. I can't quite put my finger on why but it's coming off as a little overly cartoony right now. If that's what you're going for, great. Just a thought, though.

2. I would try some different ideas with the devil ray on the alts because it's getting lost in the sea of blue (and it especially would from afar on an actual jersey). Perhaps seeing what it looks like black or even white? Or trying a different alt logo altogether for those jerseys?

Anyways, they're coming along nicely. And I especially love those socks.

I like the overall premise, but if you thought the current script looks like it was taken from a sports bar, then this script looks like it was taken from a diner (which may not be a bad thing, given that there are a lot of small diners on the Sun Coast).

But the overall theme is fantastic - the colors, the gradients, the socks/stirrups...everything is excellent except for the wordmark and number font. I'd buy that hat tomorrow if I could. It's a much better use of the double entendre (sp?) than they use now.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I love it! this is so simple yet effective

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived