Detroit Pistons silver uniforms?

josh106802

I think they wore those at home only for their 25th anniversary season

I believe that it was at least two or three seasons.

I'm also thinking (I've been digging through some old Sporting News yearbooks from the late '70s-early '80s), that Silver may have been included in the road uniforms as well. Particularly in the side stripes, between the Red stripes. Also in the waistbands.

Pistons wore the silver unis from 1981-83, initially to mark the silver aniversary of moving to Detroit.

Apparently the players hated these - not only did the shininess of the unis fade after a few washes, they'd change colours mid-game depending on how sweaty the players got. A uni that started off as silvery-grey would often be a dark, blotchy grey by the end of the game.

The road unis did not have any silver on them - I've seen a fair few photos where it appears that the white trim is silver, but it seems to be a trick of the light. All of the game-used road jerseys from that era that I've seen have definately had white trim.

PistonsSilver.jpg

Pistons wore the silver unis from 1981-83, initially to mark the silver aniversary of moving to Detroit.

Apparently the players hated these - not only did the shininess of the unis fade after a few washes, they'd change colours mid-game depending on how sweaty the players got. A uni that started off as silvery-grey would often be a dark, blotchy grey by the end of the game.

PistonsSilver.jpg

Aha...so it ain't new technology after all, is it, Nike?? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Man...I was at the Palace a few weeks ago and I found myself looking at Dumars' teal jerseys on sale. It's amazing that something that was once hated (and still is by me) is now being sold as a "throwback". I like the horse-power theme and I think they should have stuck with it but the color scheme was brutal.

sig.png

While we're on the subject, check out this amazing picture I found...

*** IMAGE REMOVED ***

Man, it must have taken a while to get to the bathrooms...

I remember watching Pistons games on TV back then and it never looked like they were playing in a corner of the Palace... That picture truly shows it!!!

I like the horse-power theme and I think they should have stuck with it but the color scheme was brutal.

Nothing screams the late '90s like a graphic of the mascot stylized with the team name on front of the jersey. Bucks, Rockets, Pistons, Warriors, Raptors, Grizzlies, Hawks, Jazz...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived