Best ballpark skylines?

Ark

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Modern Woodmen Park (formerly John O'Donnell Stadium) home of the Quad City River Bandits in Davenport, IA has a beautiful view with the Mississippi River and Centennial Bridge in right field and the Davenport skyline in left field. In 2010 USA Today included It as one of the "10 Great Places for a Baseball Pilgrimage."

ballparks-woodmenx-topper-medium.jpgquad-city-river-bandits-b.jpg

Having gone to countless games there in the past 11 years, I've always felt PNC Park's view was a little overrated, but I just might be used to it. Nonetheless, here are some more recent shots of it (ones I took last year) than the ones in this thread. A few more buildings have been built, which I think makes it look better as it seems "fuller", for lack of a better term.:

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

oBIgzrL.png

photo11.jpg?w=555&h=416I'm suprised noone has posted the Staten Island Yankees with a view of downtown Manhatten

SI%20Yankees%20field.jpg

The bottom one is clearly photoshopped, but it's still a nice view.

The camera's at about the same level, yet the waterway is half as big and the buildings are significantly closer in the second pic.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

PNC is the best real skyline view, bar none.

It never materialized, but the proposed Labatt Park in Montreal would've been awesome:

labatt1.jpg

That would've been awesome! The buildings would've been right on top of everything, as well. Too bad the rest of MLB had it in for the Expos.

Never been there, but since we're mentioning minor league parks, I like the view from Salt Lake's Spring Mobile Ballpark:

covey-field-2012.jpg

As well as St. George's Bruce Hurst Field:

UT-StGeorge-Hurst-3.jpg

</homerism>

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

PNC is the best real skyline view, bar none.

It never materialized, but the proposed Labatt Park in Montreal would've been awesome:

labatt1.jpg

Dammit Montreal.

If only Skydome had no roof or hotel:

322323_10150368790477176_506407175_9943084_5597841_o.jpg

Dammit Toronto!

Whataburger Field. Worst name for a ballpark ever?

Whataburger_Field_Sign_Corpus_Christi_Texas.jpg

No way! I mean they raise this flag when they have a home win.

C74OhdDf.jpg

Aesthetically, that sign is really nice (and that flag is GORGEOUS!), but I still think Whataburger is a hilariously bad corporate name, and that goes double when it's placed on a ballpark.

spacer.png

Archived