Best ballpark skylines?

Ark

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville ... home of the Jacksonville Suns of the Southern League. And where I see almost ALL of my baseball games, only other park I've made it to at all is Turner Field for a game.

From Home Plate .... you can just make out Everbank Stadium (Jacksonville Jags) out to right field and the Matthews Bridge (one of the seven major bridges that crosses the St. Johns River) out in right-center.

53551540.jpg

From the Third Base side, you can take in all of Everbank Stadium and another bridge, the Hart Bridge.

jacksonville2.jpg

From the First Base side ... you can just see Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Coliseum (Jacksonville Sharks) peaking over the top of the roof. This is one of the best shots I can find of the little church just outside of the park in left.

MvVuNbEp.jpg

Realy wish I had some better pics. These really do not do the field justice.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville ... home of the Jacksonville Suns of the Southern League. And where I see almost ALL of my baseball games, only other park I've made it to at all is Turner Field for a game.

From Home Plate .... you can just make out Everbank Stadium (Jacksonville Jags) out to right field and the Matthews Bridge (one of the seven major bridges that crosses the St. Johns River) out in right-center.

Realy wish I had some better pics. These really do not do the field justice.

You gave us three. Now stop being a Homer.

On 4/14/2012 at 10:53 PM, fouhy12 said:
On 4/14/2012 at 10:46 PM, See Red said:
On 4/13/2012 at 0:30 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Spring Mobile Ballpark in Salt Lake City

That is incredible.

I didn't see if anyone share this yet but I thought this one was pretty cool when I caught a game at the Ballpark at Harbor Yard, where the Bridgeport Bluefish play..

I've been there! My friend and I had seats that were as close to the Bluefish dugout as you can possibly get. There is a railway right next to the stadium, and the passing trains are cool during the game!

I've seen it from the train. I always thought it looked like a pretty nice little ballpark.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Spring Mobile Ballpark in Salt Lake City

SpringMobilePark023.jpg

That is incredible.

I didn't see if anyone share this yet but I thought this one was pretty cool when I caught a game at the Ballpark at Harbor Yard, where the Bridgeport Bluefish play..

baseball-sm.jpg

I've been there! My friend and I had seats that were as close to the Bluefish dugout as you can possibly get. There is a railway right next to the stadium, and the passing trains are cool during the game!

I've seen it from the train. I always thought it looked like a pretty nice little ballpark.

Speaking of trains, you can see them pass by all the time at Syracuse's Alliance Bank Stadium. They also have their horns wailing as they are about to enter the Syracuse train station. However, that's about it for skylines there :P

Now if the Carrier Dome was open roofed like Archbold Stadium was back in the day, that would be quite a spectacular view

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Fenway_080210_upperPan0.jpg

Maybe not the best "Skyline" but I've always been facinated with the CITGO sign across the way at Fenway.

Eh, you really can't see it that well from inside the park anymore with the monster seats and ads in the way.

This thread was over when PNC and Spring Mobile Park were posted, those are some increadible views.

Fenway_080210_upperPan0.jpg

Maybe not the best "Skyline" but I've always been facinated with the CITGO sign across the way at Fenway.

Eh, you really can't see it that well from inside the park anymore with the monster seats and ads in the way.

Yeah. It's a shame.

spacer.png

Archived