Saintsfan

2012-13 soccer kits

The difference (that most people can't seem to grasp) is that those stars are on the crest, not over.

Umm...so? I thought in all of the prior star fights everyone was able to agree there are NO solid rules for stars. A team can have stars of all contexts anywhere.

e.g. Meaningful stars inside the crest:

Boca

Italy

Aston Villa

Man City 12/13 home kit?

If so...tis lookin' good. Umbro always keeps it classy and simple.

I don't know much about Man City's crest. Are those stars indicative of championships? Will it need to be updated now?

No, they're not. They're decorative like the stars on the USSF's crest.

Though now they coincidentally match up with City's number of Premier League titles

I know it's pedantic, but it would the number of their English titles - but not Premier League titles. They have but one Premier League title, for the Premier League was founded in 1992.

Man City 12/13 home kit?

I don't know much about Man City's crest. Are those stars indicative of championships? Will it need to be updated now?

Though now they coincidentally match up with City's number of Premier League titles

I know it's pedantic, but it would the number of their English titles - but not Premier League titles. They have but one Premier League title, for the Premier League was founded in 1992.

Right, they have 3 top-leve titles: 1 in the Premier League and 2 in the Football League First Division.

I have a question regarding under garments such as tights, undershirts, etc do they have to be the supplier, Nike for man u/ barca, Adidas for RM/ bayern. Or are they supposed to be the players preference or whoever they're sponsored by? The reason I ask is because I noticed messi wearing a Nike long sleeve, by I'm not sure if he had to or chose to.

They usually match the shirt exactly so the easiest thing to do is wear the sponsors supply.

Man City 12/13 home kit?

Right, they have 3 top-leve titles: 1 in the Premier League and 2 in the Football League First Division.

Yes technically you're right of course. I just call all the titles Premier League titles just because it's easier.

They usually match the shirt exactly so the easiest thing to do is wear the sponsors supply.

Yeah makes sense.

Klinsmann confirmed that names will return to the usmnt jerseys for the next 5 games, and will be numbered 1-23.

As a reminder, English clubs can't wear "championship stars" over the badge.

Didn't know there was a set rule. But Italy requires 10 wins for each star. Juve needs 2 more for star number 3.

Didn't know there was a set rule. But Italy requires 10 wins for each star. Juve needs 2 more for star number 3.

I'm pretty sure Juventus are ignoring their stripped titles and are claiming their 30th win this season. Check out the background on their website

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/home

And also on their facebook page and even on their stadium it says 30 time Italian Champions

I have a question regarding under garments such as tights, undershirts, etc do they have to be the supplier, Nike for man u/ barca, Adidas for RM/ bayern. Or are they supposed to be the players preference or whoever they're sponsored by? The reason I ask is because I noticed messi wearing a Nike long sleeve, by I'm not sure if he had to or chose to.

I think I am right in saying that any visible under garment has to be the same color as what it is worn below. There are no rules with regards tomanufacturers, though virtually every contract a team signs is for 'performance sportswear' nowadays and covers under garments.

I'm pretty sure Juventus are ignoring their stripped titles and are claiming their 30th win this season. Check out the background on their website

And also on their facebook page and even on their stadium it says 30 time Italian Champions

Juventus has won 30 top tier titles. However, officially they've won 28. They were linked to a match fixing scandal and had to vacate their titles from the 2004-05 and 2005-06 season. They were also relegated to Serie B at that point for the first time in club history (they won Serie B the next season and moved back up to Serie A).

Juventus is being really stupid with this 3 stars thing. Everybody knows those championships were fixed, and they're just setting some massive karma against themselves, especially if tthey wear them for the Italian cup final, were they have a chance to get a legitimate 3 stars. For Next week, Forza Napoli!

Has Nike ever made a soccer advertisement that wasn't several different kinds of awesome?