2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

I love what Umbro is doing. Instead of generating buzz through crazy uniform designs or wild colors or something of that nature, they are instead investing in quality materials, unique collars, and rooting designs in tradition (of not only club and country, but also their own as a supplier).

The Umbro/Nike marriage is working fantastically, allowing Nike to take on the more modern, yet still mostly aesthetically pleasing designs that they are more comfortable in producing; while allowing Umbro to bring the tradition and heritage to the other side of the coin...

Now if only they could make a boot worth wearing. :P

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, those numbers are near unreadable at any distance other than a close-up.

Agreed. Whoever made the go-ahead for those numbers oughta realize that they made a pretty big mistake.

I think they look great but they shoulda kept the old pattern. These obviously have too much white and not enough contrast which would help the kit flow.

We got a good results in their debut though!! So I think a lot more people will like them!

Other than the numbers, looked just as good as advertised. The only thing I wish they would've done would've been to add hoops to the socks. But other than that, I'm not complaining at all. USMNT looked damn good tonight, and it also helped that they ran roughshod over Scotland.

Hmmm, I must say I'm not a fan of the USA jersey onfield. The mandatory white spaces required for the numbers look unnatural. The fan replica is far superior.

I agree. I was excited about hoops, but the white blocks for numbers (and white/blue socks) really ruin it for me.

Hmmm, I must say I'm not a fan of the USA jersey onfield. The mandatory white spaces required for the numbers look unnatural. The fan replica is far superior.

I agree. I was excited about hoops, but the white blocks for numbers (and white/blue socks) really ruin it for me.

yeah Nike really fumbled with the numbers on a lot of the new shirts, at least when viewed at night.

holland.jpg

188463hp2.jpg

hrvatska_490576S1.jpg

But they looked good in sunlight. (As an aside, I think Portugal looks much better with green shorts ala the 2010 World Cup than they do in all white)

940-quaresma-8col.jpg

portugalwarmup_ap.jpg

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

The numbers on that Croatia kit are still readable, though. The US and Netherlands kits are nearly illegible.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

They should have reversed the colors in the numbers for the US and Netherlands so they would be readable at least. And the white blocks wouldn't look nearly as bad if the numbers in them were legible. As they are, it looks like there are just white rectangles on the front and back. Hooped socks wouldn't be bad, but I liked that the socks were pretty neutral. It took the focus off of them and made the red/white hoops with blue shorts the focus. Great look for the US besides the numbers.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The numbers on that Croatia kit are still readable, though. The US and Netherlands kits are nearly illegible.

yes they're legible, but they're also a faded red/pinkish color on a shirt that's predominantly and identifiably true red. I think that still speaks to the poor execution of the numbers.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

<<<<

Although it was mentioned about the USA's new kit last month, tonight against Scotland in Jacksonville was the first game they played in them.

I like them, alot ......... except the silver jersey numbers. They should be navy blue, or else a much thicker outline..

Even the announcers on NBC Sports Channel were complaining about the poor visibility of the numbers..

All in all tho', it's a great looking kit, and a great result tonight.

USA 5-1 Scotland ... Donovan hat trick, but Michael Bradley a cracker of a goal to make it 2-0 before Scotland scored on an own-goal.

Here's a few photos of the new kits in action:

img19169707.jpg

article-0-13508C28000005DC-512_634x427.jpg

donovan_scotland_436.jpg

188562hp2.jpg

This post was from another thread, but it makes more sense to keep it all in one, so I'm going to reply here.

Unless something has changed, the numbers aren't silver. They are navy blue dot matrix, which looks silver from a distance. If Nike would have just made them solid navy blue, it would have been a much better look and much easier to read.

I don t understand why croatias and portugals look a lot darker/more legible/ truer to the color and the intended design than us and holland. Maybe lighter colors contrast less?? Idk but man they'd look perfect with the old numbers. Hopefully we pair them with white shorts too

Didn't see this posted. If it was my mistake.

Canada's Centenary shirt that they're wearing against the States on June 3rd.

canada-centenary-umbro-football-shirt-a.jpg

MUST. HAVE!

EDIT - More shots

canada-centenary-umbro-football-shirt-b.jpg

canada-centenary-umbro-football-shirt-d.jpg

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

New Nike advert in anticipation of the Euros...and it's bonkers.

It's nice... still not better than Guy Ritchie's Take It to the Next Level from the 2008 Euros.

the new commerical sucks, its confusing.

i loved the "next level ad" which was epic.

but my favorite ad of all time is the "good vs evil"

The numbers on the US jerseys NEED to be fixed.

I was just watching the replay of the Scotland-US game on NBC Sports Network and they are completely unreadable from the camera that shows most of the game action.

Archived