2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant wahl just tweeted that the us will switch numbers ahead of the brazil match. And that ussoccer is on charge of numbers not Nike.

Good news, but what about the people that already bought authentics??

I don't buy that buy that entirely. If US Soccer was in charge of this, there wouldn't be multiple Nike teams wearing the same style of numeral, and there wouldn't be multiple teams wearing the dot-pattern numerals. There's definitely some salesmanship going on from the supplier.

The kit looked good. I would prefer a plain block or plain round numeral in solid dark blue, and I'd probably go with hooped socks, or at least with a red foldover on the current socks. I'd also do a straight across lettering for the names. The arch doesn't work as well with the hoops.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Grant wahl just tweeted that the us will switch numbers ahead of the brazil match. And that ussoccer is on charge of numbers not Nike.

Good news, but what about the people that already bought authentics??

I don't buy that buy that entirely. If US Soccer was in charge of this, there wouldn't be multiple Nike teams wearing the same style of numeral, and there wouldn't be multiple teams wearing the dot-pattern numerals. There's definitely some salesmanship going on from the supplier.

I think he meant that Nike was not in charge of the number assignments. Obviously the manufacturer designs the number face to compliment the kit design.

<<<<

Although it was mentioned about the USA's new kit last month, tonight against Scotland in Jacksonville was the first game they played in them.

I like them, alot ......... except the silver jersey numbers. They should be navy blue, or else a much thicker outline..

Even the announcers on NBC Sports Channel were complaining about the poor visibility of the numbers..

All in all tho', it's a great looking kit, and a great result tonight.

USA 5-1 Scotland ... Donovan hat trick, but Michael Bradley a cracker of a goal to make it 2-0 before Scotland scored on an own-goal.

Here's a few photos of the new kits in action:

188562hp2.jpg

This post was from another thread, but it makes more sense to keep it all in one, so I'm going to reply here.

Unless something has changed, the numbers aren't silver. They are navy blue dot matrix, which looks silver from a distance. If Nike would have just made them solid navy blue, it would have been a much better look and much easier to read.

Probably a case of making a jersey for merchandise rather than optimal visual function. Looks good in person, up close, but doesn't translate at the match or on TV. My guess is Nike knew it and doesn't care figuring this will look good on the racks in shops and thus will sell.

I really like the number font they use and I love that nikes big nat teams have custom fonts. But I'm sure Nike gives them what joke wants and us agrees by I think what he meant was that ultimately is us wants a change they'll change. He hasn't tweeted anything else regarding this yet though.

^ Uhhh....you wanna run that by us again??? :wacko:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

home.JPG

away.JPG

City's primary and clash jerseys for next year.

Ugh. No me gusta.

I don't like the blacked-out badge on the home, and the away looks like one of the Henry-era Arsenal kits. I see gold with that shade of maroon and think Arsenal before I think Citeh.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Numbers will change to navy & in a surprise, the white numbers were chosen by the USSF and not Nike.

That's not what he said. He said "USSF in charge of numbering, not Nike".

Maybe that's what he meant, or maybe not. He could have meant that numbers are assigned by USSF. Or that the USSF is ultimately responsible for the uniforms, regardless of who designs them. Or was he responding to another Tweet asking a question?

You'll need more context before extrapolating that fact out of his Tweet.

OK, what i meant to say earlier, was that i believe Nike presents ussf with a few jersey designs and they say "we like this one, put navy numbers on it" I'm assuming that was the case with these, but Nike has their pattern for every jersey cycle. Last time it was the mesh holes. This time it was the micro holes. I figure it wasnt until saturday that ussf realized how bad they'd look. So i'm guessing they got a lot of negative response and told nike, "these arent gonna work, fix them" Wednesday we'll find out what they decided to do.

i think it's obvious that Nike has nothing to do with number assignments.

My guess based if what that says is that after they're done designing the kits and the ussf approved Nike goes to them and says "this is what the numbers are going to look like, what color do you wasn't them in?" The numbers they chose didn't look bad on the computer or in the photo shoots but it's pretty obvious that nobody looked at these from a distance someone would see them from the stands or watching on TV.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

OK, what i meant to say earlier, was that i believe Nike presents ussf with a few jersey designs and they say "we like this one, put navy numbers on it" I'm assuming that was the case with these, but Nike has their pattern for every jersey cycle. Last time it was the mesh holes. This time it was the micro holes. I figure it wasnt until saturday that ussf realized how bad they'd look. So i'm guessing they got a lot of negative response and told nike, "these arent gonna work, fix them" Wednesday we'll find out what they decided to do.

I agree. But that's a long way from saying the dot-matrix numbers were "chosen by the USSF".

If you see the polo the USMNT has been wearing lately for sale anywhere, let me know

AuFSNwACIAAqzTi.jpg

I've seen no indication that they are available. Historically, the USSF rarely sells the actual team polos. Often times, though, I find they eventually end up on eBay a few years later. They're quite nice. I met Michael Kammarman (US Soccer PR, used to do Studio 90, guy with the dark brown hair in the far right, back row of that photo) before the Scotland game and he was wearing it. Nice look.

I agree. But that's a long way from saying the dot-matrix numbers were "chosen by the USSF".

Exactly. The dot-filled numbers are likely presented by Nike as part of the whole package, but if they end up not being suitable for some unforseen reason (which, I guess lack of common sense or due diligence qualifies :P), the team is within their right to have then changed.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Exactly. The dot-filled numbers are likely presented by Nike as part of the whole package, but if they end up not being suitable for some unforseen reason (which, I guess lack of common sense or due diligence qualifies :P), the team is within their right to have then changed.

So, do you guys think that they have some extra numbers from last cycle, or do you think Nike overnighted some new ones, or a local embroidery/sporting goods store did them??

Archived