2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

I don't get it. So is Man City switching to Nike after next season?

Yes.

Nike is selling off Umbro, but before they do they're taking over some of its high-profile properties.

Anyone have the breakdown? Will Nike take national team properties like England?

1) We don't have a breakdown, and

2) We don't know.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally doubt it will be that rough a slash and burn job from Nike, especially if they want to get a price for Umbro. It's not impossible, but I doubt Nike would, even could, nab the England deal. That would make umbro virtually worthless, but I don't know about the legallity of poaching a contract in that way, from a subsidiary.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'd be shocked if Nike was able to pull England. As has been stated, it would seem Umbro needs to have at least some value in order to sell it since it's already not making enough profit for Nike to want to bother with it. Nike probably could have unloaded it for much more than what they paid for it due to the recent success of Manchester City, but apparently they are confident they can make more money in the long run by becoming the outright licensee for City. This is probably true as long as City keeps up its winning ways.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As per their match with Sweden this weekend, it's confirmed that the US women are also wearing the same new away kit as the men.

Good. I never liked those black kits anyway.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It is almost not with even quibbling over, but I don't think the Cosmos youth teams wore those kits. As far as I've been able to find, they were only ever worn in that testimonial match in Manchester. The youth teams wore umbro team wear.

Just a question in regards to the New York Cosmos...Why has Umbro released a new kit for the team when they don't exist on the field or in a league? Is it just a money grabbing scheme or is the team actually coming to fruition in the MLS (In which case it will be changed to Adidas)?

They are trying to promote themselves to MLS in order to be selected as the next expansion team. There's no true on-field team per se, but they're trying to build up the organization.

They exist at youth level, just not the pro level. It is a strange situation since they have put themselves out as a soccer entity, yet their only pro level experience has been a testimonial match in Manchester, England with a roster that was mostly former players who wouldn't make a MLS roster because they would cost too much.

Yeah, the youth teams wore those uniforms.

The new owners have taken a step back, cutting ties with the academies and concentrating more on securing a SSS. The Cosmos dream is still alive, just a little less public than it was a year ago.

OTOH, Umbro still puts out merchandise, so it must be selling. And that helps keep up some awareness.

Does anyone know when the MLS will be announcing a new expansion team? Right now they have an uneven number of teams and I've heard in the past that the commissioner of the league wants even numbers. I know they want another team in NYC but I've heard that there could be a Florida based team like in Orlando or Tampa.

Does anyone know when the MLS will be announcing a new expansion team? Right now they have an uneven number of teams and I've heard in the past that the commissioner of the league wants even numbers. I know they want another team in NYC but I've heard that there could be a Florida based team like in Orlando or Tampa.

They will be announding a new team the minute they have a deal.

Not really digging the gray piping/trim on the new Tottenham kit. I guess I should buy a Puma one while they've still got 'em.

Already have mine! (dance)

But, I don't think this is that bad of a look. UA could have really gone crazy based on some of the things we've seen from them. I'm sure club management made sure that they stayed pretty tame though.

gYH2mW9.png

spurs-12-13-under-armour-home-football-shirt-leaked-2.jpg

Leak of the new Spurs home shirt. Not looking too bad.

Geez, UA...could y'all have made that manufacturer logo any bigger?? It damn near overpowers the side's own badge!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't really mind the gray piping for the new Spurs shirt. I think using blue there would have been too much color and they weren't going to pump out the same shirt as last year with their logo instead of Puma's, so this is pretty good I think. I think we'll be seeing some more out there designs in a couple of years once people get settled in with UA as the manufacturer. Going from a classic look this year to a look that just screams "Under Armour" isn't really the way to make a first impression. And the logo on the back looks a lot better than I thought it would. I thought it would be a sublimated logo, but using the different materials to make the logo is a unique touch. Good job by UA, I'll say.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived