2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Ham United's home kit for the 2012/13 season:

homekit_webshop_pre-order.jpg

Very clean and simple which I like, but I'm not sure about that collar.

I think out of our two kits this year I'll probably buy the away one, there's only so many claret jerseys with blue sleeves one man can have.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

New Southampton PL Home jersey. What happened there? :therock:

Southampton-new-home-kit-.jpeg

not sure is the answer!! It's got a bit of a mixed reaction. We've moved away from stripes a few times in the past, but this is a bit of a radical change!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It's as much a tradition not to have a sponsor, considering sponsors weren't added until the mid-80's. Personally, I think both large team names and sponsors are vastly inferior to the national team look of just the crest and manufacturer logo. It looks classy and lets the team colors do the talking.

I can't even begin to describe how much I agree with you on this. You simply can't beat a simple shirt with a simple badge. Maybe it's some sort of false nostalgia or just sponsor fatigue from today's game, but for my money you can't beat looks like these:

article-1339488-008ED57800000259-813_468x359.jpgcharlton-wc-1966-getty.jpg

puskas.190.jpgjohan+cruyff+barca+barcelona+fcbarcelona+barcablog+barca+blog+johan+cruyff+barca+barcelona+fcbarcelona+barcablog+barca+blog++t43643.jpgbeckenbauer%2B72.jpg

Totally agreed. I think it's really sad we're to the point where people are expecting advertising on things. We should be trying to get rid of advertising on things and urge companies to put that money toward innovating, using better production methods, creating better quality products and and creating more jobs.

Wow, give whoever designed those Basel shirts a raise because those are stunning.

Also agreed, but it's probably the same people who designed all the adidas soccer kits that people love to hate on. :P

They remind me of the FCB kits from a couple years back.

Me too. I like the use of the yellow here, though I would prefer solid yellow cuffs, or to leave the yellow off the cuffs altogether. That kit design is simple enough that the adidas stripes add to it rather than compete with rest of the design, which I really like. This would be great without the sponsor logos.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hamburg away kit:

hsv-away.jpg

I almost asked what the 1,2, and 5 were for, but now I'm assuming it's "125" as in the years. I wonder if it might be better had they combined "1887-2012" and "125" into one element.

I know Adidas is obsessed with their three shoulder stripes; have they ever done it more subtly, like a sublimation of the same color as the sleeve? Another Adidas question... my friend who went to Germany mentioned that the company's name is based on a name, and should really be pronounced as "ahh-dee-dass" and not "uh-dee-duss". So if it's really based on a name (like Porsche) why do their own commercials say "uh-dee-duss"?

not sure is the answer!! It's got a bit of a mixed reaction. We've moved away from stripes a few times in the past, but this is a bit of a radical change!

I can only imagine Southampton are trying to set themselves apart from Sunderland and Stoke by not doing the wide red and white striping. This would be a great alternate but I still prefer last year's kit.

I know Adidas is obsessed with their three shoulder stripes; have they ever done it more subtly, like a sublimation of the same color as the sleeve? Another Adidas question... my friend who went to Germany mentioned that the company's name is based on a name, and should really be pronounced as "ahh-dee-dass" and not "uh-dee-duss". So if it's really based on a name (like Porsche) why do their own commercials say "uh-dee-duss"?

There are tonal stripes occasionally on some normal apparel pieces and shoes, but it's almost always contrast color on uniforms, I'm assuming since that is the highest exposure scenario.

As for the name, it seems most of the people outside the U.S. will pronounce it 'ah-di-DAS' since it is was named for founder Adolph (Adi) Dassler, while the Americanized version has evolved to 'uh-DEE-dus' as you've observed. I've honestly never seen a commercial where they've audibly said the word 'adidas' because I normall see them in places where the TV sound is off, like bars and such, but it may be because adidas America does their own ads and uses the Americanized pronunciation for their domestic marketing if you've heard it that way. I'm not sure on that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I can only imagine Southampton are trying to set themselves apart from Sunderland and Stoke by not doing the wide red and white striping. This would be a great alternate but I still prefer last year's kit.

Yeah, except plain red shirts aren't really unique in the Premier League, either!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Yeah, except plain red shirts aren't really unique in the Premier League, either!

hahah yeah exactly, which is why they should have avoided that conundrum, brought back this beauty, and called it a day.

SOFC_5777_Store_Front_466x466HK1011.jpg

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

I almost asked what the 1,2, and 5 were for, but now I'm assuming it's "125" as in the years. I wonder if it might be better had they combined "1887-2012" and "125" into one element.

The last I can remember without the 3 stripes is this Ajax shirt. Obviously shirts in the olympics didn't have them as well.

9135.jpg

Archived