Saintsfan

2012-13 soccer kits

Leeds United new away kits for 2012-2013

Not exactly the shade of blue that Leeds have gone with in the past as their trim color or away blue ....

0,,10273%7E11019732,00.jpg

Those shorts are AWFUL.

Yet another example of, 'Just because you can doesn't mean you should.' I feel like the aesthetic sense of some uniform designers today is heavily warped, even Mugatu-esque at times.

I think soccer just had its Cooperalls moment. What on God's green earth.

Good to see those long-rumored Bobcats shorts with the clear side-panels have finally made an appearance.

Holy crap. It's like they couldn't decide whether to go with biker shorts or a kilt and so they flipped a coin but it landed on its edge, so they just made both. There is no reason on earth for an pair of shorts to be 2 different lengths, let alone 3.

Leeds United new away kits for 2012-2013

Not exactly the shade of blue that Leeds have gone with in the past as their trim color or away blue ....

0,,10273%7E11019732,00.jpg

Those shorts are AWFUL.

Yet another example of, 'Just because you can doesn't mean you should.' I feel like the aesthetic sense of uniform designers today is heavily warped, even Mugatu-esque at times.

BUT WHY MALE MODELS???

BUT WHY MALE MODELS???

You serious? I just... I just told you that a moment ago.

Leaked images of the new kits for Spurs to be unveiled officially on Thursday:

awayavb2.jpg

homeavb2.jpg

There is no reason on earth for an pair of shorts to be 2 different lengths, let alone 3.

i'd imagine those shorts let your boys breathe pretty well ifyaknowwhati'msayin

The only thing I don't like about the Spurs kit is that awful font and logo for Aurasma the sponsor.

tru.

i also don't like how huge the UA logo is...it uses close to the same amount of "space" as the Spurs crest does.

The only thing I don't like about the Spurs kit is that awful font and logo for Aurasma the sponsor.

Yeah. They've been plagued by that for a few years now. I really wish they would get a better, bigger sponsor.

tru.

i also don't like how huge the UA logo is...it uses close to the same amount of "space" as the Spurs crest does.

I think part of that issue though is that the logo for Spurs is so much slimmer than any of the other crests in the Premier League. The UW logo is a wide logo so, compared with the team crest, is appears to be relatively large.

AVB2.jpg

On this polo, the UA logo is smaller (as is the Spurs crest), BUT they have it on the wrong side. Team crest over the heart, always. I know it's just a polo but it looks off to me.

Those Socks scream "amateur hour" to me but aside from that they look fairly clean. Not bad.

Also the following is based on what ive read in the twitter world so take it with a grain of salt, but theres a lot of speculation that Arsenal could be switching to Adidas as soon as 13/14. Again just some tweets i read when i searched arsenal. Would be disappointed if that was true though, theyve been doing a great job for the gunners, and this yr is no exception.

The navy Spurs away kit is definitely an improvement over last year's:

Purple-Spurs-Kit-11-12-Away.jpg

And yes, the sponsor really detracts from the overall look. I'm sticking with my 11-12 cup kit:

totcup.jpg

Those Socks scream "amateur hour" to me but aside from that they look fairly clean. Not bad.

Also the following is based on what ive read in the twitter world so take it with a grain of salt, but theres a lot of speculation that Arsenal could be switching to Adidas as soon as 13/14. Again just some tweets i read when i searched arsenal. Would be disappointed if that was true though, theyve been doing a great job for the gunners, and this yr is no exception.

The best part about Arsenal is their solid red shirt with their solid white sleeves, and it is key to what is perhaps one of the most iconic looks in European soccer, though I do like their current version with the stripes at the ends of the sleeves.

This would be terrible. The best part about Arsenal is their solid red shirt with their solid white sleeves. Three stripes would not work well for what is perhaps one of the most iconic looks in European soccer.

yeah definitely. Navy stripes would look okayyyy, kinda like the dreamcast sponsored kits. But Still not great.

happen to have any insight...?

This would be terrible. The best part about Arsenal is their solid red shirt with their solid white sleeves. Three stripes would not work well for what is perhaps one of the most iconic looks in European soccer.

Agreed all around. Nike is a perfect fit for Arsenal. Adidas would be a disaster.

Can't really see Nike letting them go, though.

yeah definitely. Navy stripes would look okayyyy, kinda like the dreamcast sponsored kits. But Still not great.

happen to have any insight...?

Thankfully, going after new licensing deals is not my job.

Agreed.

170697-rate-my-kit-thread-arsenal-2020-2022-2.png

Adidas does need an EPL team to make up for Liverpool, though.

Agreed.

170697-rate-my-kit-thread-arsenal-2020-2022-2.png

Adidas does need an EPL team to make up for Liverpool, though.

They still Chelsea, West Brom, Stoke and Swansea. Nike now has Arsenal, United, Everton and City next year. Seeing as Arsenal was their anchor for introduction to Europe I'm certain Nike will fight to keep them. Though anything's possible, I'd see someone like UA stealing the contract rather than Adidas.