Saintsfan

2012-13 soccer kits

Arsenal-Kit-Launch-1.png

That keeper kit is awful.

Crazy, but I actually really like this look. The only change I'd make are to use a black foldover on the sleeve cuff (like the socks) and then put the red stripe somewhere in the middle of the sleeve (also like the socks).

Inter in rival AC red? What?

Leaked-Inter-Jersey-2012-2013.jpg

Red aside, it's a badass looking shirt with a great sponsor logo. One of the few shirts I find perfect.

The only reason the Cosmos aren't going right to MLS is that their Queens stadium deal isn't done.

I expect them to play a year or two in the NASL, no more.

I'd rather buy a Cosmos NASL shirt than an MLS one, actually; the logo patch will be much cooler.

I just want a pair of those socks. Stupendous.

Everton Home and Goalkeeper kit

everton-home.jpg

eh I'm not sure I dig this. I'm all for clean and sleek looks, but I'm not sure about the wide stripe sleeve cuff. It looks better on some teams than others, and it looks absolutely terrible on Brazil for example. But the other thing that bugs me is that this is just a stock football shirt and a club like Everton certainly deserve a little more attention than that.

The Cosmos shirts are already pretty bad; what's Adidas going to "destroy"?

Apart from the collardamn near the only part of the shirt with any color, it's a very good-looking kit.

The plain-white-polo fetish continues. Bleh.

everton-home.jpg

eh I'm not sure I dig this. I'm all for clean and sleek looks, but I'm not sure about the wide stripe sleeve cuff. It looks better on some teams than others, and it looks absolutely terrible on Brazil for example. But the other thing that bugs me is that this is just a stock football shirt and a club like Everton certainly deserve a little more attention than that.

Their training gear is last years model too. Pretty shabby in my opinion. Granted they probably chose that option.

everton-home.jpg

Those sleeve stripes would look really good if they were like elastic or skin tight and look cool on some people like hulk. But when they fit normally they jus look bad.

Those sleeve stripes would look really good if they were like elastic or skin tight and look cool on some people like hulk. But when they fit normally they jus look bad.

Yeah good shout, it's very true

info_1338048533.jpg

But in general I just think it looks worse if it is the principle design element of the shirt. It's almost as if it is caught between a normal sleeve trim stripe and an alternate color sleeve a la Arsenal, and it just looks like it's encroaching on the shirt. Conversely, I think it looks fantastic on the new Athletico shirt a couple of pages back when paired with the red and white vertical stripes.

Apart from the collardamn near the only part of the shirt with any color, it's a very good-looking kit.

I find it far preferable to the fetish for extraneous piping, underarm sweat panels and needless geegaws. ;)

everton-home.jpg

Agreed.

I find it far preferable to the fetish for extraneous piping, underarm sweat panels and needless geegaws. ;)

So... there's no middle ground? All trim is "extraneous"?

Ful12.jpg

Stripes for Fulham?!?!

ps: LOL @ Demps not being part of the presser there, despite him being their best player. Looks like theyre moving on...

Ful12.jpg

Stripes for Fulham?!?!

ps: LOL @ Demps not being part of the presser there, despite him being their best player. Looks like theyre moving on...

Current rumour is Fulham are trying to use Dempsey as a makeweight in a deal for Andy Carroll, FWIW. But I wouldn't necesarily read too much into Fulham not using Dempsey in the release publicity.

Pinstripes aren't really stripes. They were quite fashionable in the early 80s. I can remember Liverpool, Forest, Ipswich and a few others in pinstripes at that time.

Ful12.jpg

Stripes for Fulham?!?!

Current rumour is Fulham are trying to use Dempsey as a makeweight in a deal for Andy Carroll, FWIW. But I wouldn't necesarily read too much into Fulham not using Dempsey in the release publicity.

Pinstripes aren't really stripes. They were quite fashionable in the early 80s. I can remember Liverpool, Forest, Ipswich and a few others in pinstripes at that time.

Villa's road shirt when they won the European Cup featured pinstripes. I believe they used that 1981-83.

info_1338048533.jpg

both of you are dead on with it looking good skin tight. It looks awful on the toothpick (Oscar), but fantastic on Hulk.

Bayern's Third. I like the pattern on the chest, but it's basically the same as last year's.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/bayern-munchen-12-13-adidas-third-football-shirt-a(1).

Ful12.jpg

Stripes for Fulham?!?!

Those look REALLY nice IMO. Brings me back to the gold Arsenal change kits from a couple years ago, which I loved.

The sponsor is up way too high on the Fulham shirts, misplaces the badge. The crest should always be over the heart.

that Cosmos kit is terrible from the knees up.

what am i missing? looks like a white shirt with a green dashiki collar. thats what we're hoping adidas doesnt 'destroy'?

the striping on the socks is amazing though. perfect balance of color.

Didn't see this posted, but the Magpies unveiled their 12/13 Home Kit during their first preseason game.

01027811039623001-620x348.jpg

Really digging this.

So... there's no middle ground? All trim is "extraneous"?

There is a middle ground, and Cosmos achieve it well. A colorful design element or two that draw the focus of the viewer without cluttering up the kit. The collar, the socks and that's it. I don't know that they coordinate quite so perfectly in this case, but it's preferable to the extraneous piping and color-blocking that we all seem to dislike.

info_1338048533.jpg

both of you are dead on with it looking good skin tight. It looks awful on the toothpick (Oscar), but fantastic on Hulk.

Bayern's Third. I like the pattern on the chest, but it's basically the same as last year's.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/bayern-munchen-12-13-adidas-third-football-shirt-a(1).

The problem is that those sleeve cuffs are designed to be turned up, giving the end of the sleeve a bit of thickness and weight while also making the stripe a bit thinner. It simply doesn't look that great when the players leave them unrolled, especially the thinner players.

Now that the Cosmos are joining the new NASL, maybe we'll finally see these on a pitch in the States:

119998007_CB_0846_CBD7AE86F0E2851AB1C8DB29B5A62BD4.jpg

I love everything about this kit. It is worth mentioning that Ross Dress For Less stores have been selling overstock soccer jerseys, and Cosmos jerseys are among those sold. My friend got the pictured jersey for $18, and I got the yellow keepers shirt for $11.