2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If nothing else, just place a US flag patch where the US Soccer badge normally is featured on the shirt. It currently looks silly with nothing but a number.

I agree. Something > nothing. It seems weird not to have the flag on the kit anyway... or at least elements of it.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I think it's because the teams are meant to be representing the nation, not the federation.

It's not like the federations are separate from the countries, though. That's a ridiculous rule. Teams don't represent their federations in the World Cup, they represent their countries.

Then again, we've already established that the IOC has conceded the high ground when it comes to advertising and branding anyway.

Nope, at the World Cup, they're representing their FIFA-member football federation as well and not the country - hence why idiots in charge can get you DQ'd.

6fQjS3M.png

The Olympic Teams represent their respective Olympic Committees, and thus, not their soccer federations. Hence why Team GB can have their crest and the US women can't.

The US team could have a US Olymic logo on their jersey, just not a USSF badge. It's easier for Great Britain, because the British Olympic Association has a clothing contract with adidas. The USOA doesn't usually have one clothing deal, which can make things tricky. Also it means the US Olympic team is less uniform than other Olympic teams.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Yeah, the numbers were pretty hard to read most of the time. I think it would have liked pretty cool if they were more legible. But it's the ASG, I'm fine with Adidas experimenting there and throwing out what doesn't work.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

What did the hashtag say? I saw it on the jerseys but never was able to make out what it read.

#MLSALLSTAR

Yeah, i'm fine with these numbers as a one-off since it really doesn't matter too much if the numbers can be read. Kinda reminded me of some of Oregon's foray into crazy numbers...

Anyone else have issues reading numbers on MLS Jerseys last night? It was a nice thought but not executed well. And I deplored the hash tag BS as well.

Were they the standard MLS numbers? Those are barely legible under the best of circumstances.

Yes, but to make matters somehow worse, they were printed using a tinfoil-esque shiny material. Bad idea.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Anyone else have issues reading numbers on MLS Jerseys last night? It was a nice thought but not executed well. And I deplored the hash tag BS as well.

Were they the standard MLS numbers? Those are barely legible under the best of circumstances.

Yes, but to make matters somehow worse, they were printed using a tinfoil-esque shiny material. Bad idea.

Yikes. Doubly bad.

soc_g_johnson01jr_600.jpg

628x471.jpg

Screen-Shot-2012-07-25-at-8.09.56-PM.png

I didn't think the numbers were that bad, considering it was an all-star team/game.

My hometown team has foil-looking numbers, but they are easy to read in the stands.

6962295172_2de1d8f769_b.jpg

Bad. And why would they decide to recolor the crest black and white when the only white is the sponsor/adidas logos? Black and yellow would have looked much better.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Apart from the tinfoil numbers, those MLS kits are surprisingly restrained. I expected worse.

Those Chelsea kits are atrocious.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived